Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Occupant is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:18 PM        I dusted off my N64...
This is such a longshot but... does anyone here remember how to edit memory cards on the old N64?

Thanks in advance!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:29 PM       
i hated the n64 :/

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:39 PM       
i agree. worst controller ever.

i enjoyed the mario-cart though
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:46 PM       
The N64 sucked, but I think its titles are better than the Gamecube ones, so far. :/

To edit cards, I THINK you hold down Start on the controller while you turn the game on. It's been so long, I can't be sure.

Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:48 PM       
Yeah, that's fascinating fellas and eating glass hurts my tongue! Now about clearing memory cards?

Anyone?

Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:49 PM       
Thanks James!
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 12:53 PM       
The 64 is good for parties . I play Goldeneye with my pals still.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 01:17 PM       
Mario Kart and Goldeneye are the only games I played on N64. I hated the controllers.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 02:28 PM       
Conker, OoT, MM, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Mischief Makers, HM64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Paper Mario, Ogre Battle 64, and Star Fox 64 still get time once in a while. I enjoyed the N64's run. It definately could have used more solid titles but I had fun with enough games.

The precision of the joystick on the 64 controller was unmatched at the time. The controller was a bit awkward though.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 02:39 PM       
it was tuns of fun cleaning out the analogue stick becuase of all the white crap that collects (dry sweat and skin shreads perhaps)

but it was a very enjoyable console, blast corps is still cool, and ive played goldeneye multiplayer recently

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 02:41 PM       
By today's standards the controllers suck, but the analogue stick put it miles ahead of the competition as far as I'm concerned. The rumble pak was also a great addition, even if it weighed it down a little too much.

Anyway, the N64 had plenty of great titles, although they all came from either Rare or Nintendo themselves.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 02:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
By today's standards the controllers suck, but the analogue stick put it miles ahead of the competition as far as I'm concerned. The rumble pak was also a great addition, even if it weighed it down a little too much.
Yeab, but at the same time, the Playstation had the Dual Shock out that did had the same things. And their anolog sticks didn't have blister-causing grooves, either.

I remember the first Mario Party, where a lot of the mini-games required you to spin the stick as fast as you could, with required you to put it to your palm and frantically move your hand in circles. Many a time, me and my friends would have to pause the game and ice down our hands, and decide we weren't going to try that hard anymore... Only to repeat the process again.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 03:38 PM       
I liked n64, bastards. I'm currently trying to buy one so i can play Zelda, Castlevania, and Goldeneye again. The games are dirt cheap right now, and cheap games give it the edge over buying a Dreamcast that i've been looking for. :D

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 03:38 PM       
it's just bad design. you can never fully utilize the controller unless you have at least three hands. they could've just put the analog stick next to the d-pad like dreamcast and it would have been infinitely better.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 04:13 PM       
The N64 was good, but was plagued with so many things. All of the ideas it used were either done better before or not long after. The cartridges limited game size, caused many developers to turn away due to high production costs, and destroyed graphical touches like video. The expansion pak was a joke, too.

It was an enjoyable system, but it was just doomed from the start. I've been planning on hooking mine back up and playing through a few games, like Donkey Kong and Majora's Mask.
Oh God
Gurlugon is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 04:27 PM       
By "expansion pak," you mean the crappy VRAM upgrade you plug into the front of the console, right?

What does that really do for the games? I played Gauntlet Legends after installing it; I figured it would look better (more detail, better fire effects, anything), but nothin' I could notice is what I got.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 04:36 PM       
Yes, that expansion pak.

It was only utilized by a small handful of games, and even a smaller handful required it to play (Donkey Kong and Perfect Dark come to mind). The ones that utilized it, but didn't require it, were supposed to have graphical texture enhancements, which you could barely notice.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:47 PM       
I bought a few N64 games a few days ago myself: F-Zero X, San Fransisco Rush, and Mystical Ninja Goemon.

And you know the N64 is an old system when you have to start it up a few times here and there. And SFR deicides to randomly delete your save file two times. :/
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 09:22 PM       
I thought that Majora's Mask and Perfect Dark looked a thousand times better than anything else on the 64, myself.

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 10:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I remember the first Mario Party, where a lot of the mini-games required you to spin the stick as fast as you could, with required you to put it to your palm and frantically move your hand in circles. Many a time, me and my friends would have to pause the game and ice down our hands, and decide we weren't going to try that hard anymore... Only to repeat the process again.
I had to that that a lot too, to beat more than a few minigames in Mario Party. Got a few nice looking blisters becuase of it.

The N64 was a pretty decent system. But like James said, it was doomed from the start. It does have it's share of good games though, like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Starfox, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, and some interesting ones like Mischief Makers. In the past few months I've doubled my collection, now that the games are hella cheap. There are still a few ones that I want to get, like Perfect Dark and Mario Party 2 (The best one, IMO).

I also think the analog stick is terrific, even better than the Gamecube's. That shit is way too sensitive.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 03:27 AM       
The Expantion Pack upgraded the graphics from 320x200 to 640x480

The box claimed that it made the graphics "on par with today's computers"

As well is added more RAM to the hardware wich was used for games that swapped alot between the processor and the cartridge. Or something.

Perfect Dark FUCKING ROCKED. Until Halo came out
JeefGyle is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 05:52 PM       
I still play F-Zero x, No Mercy, Goldeneye, perfect dark, Mario Kart, and Army Men with my friends. IMO the system is worthless for single player.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 07:26 PM       
I have mine hooked up still. Everyone should get Wargods because it's the best fighter on N64 I'm fucking serious.

PorkchopSandwiches is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 07:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Yes, that expansion pak.

It was only utilized by a small handful of games, and even a smaller handful required it to play (Donkey Kong and Perfect Dark come to mind). The ones that utilized it, but didn't require it, were supposed to have graphical texture enhancements, which you could barely notice.
I agree, I wasted many an hour and twenty-five bucks on that Expansion Pak. The only difference I noticed, to be honest, was that on Road Rash 64 I could bump it up to a higher resolution. (Still one of my favorite games ever. Why can't next-gen consoles to ANY justice to motorcycles in general?)
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM       
If you bought Donkey Kong 64 it came free.