Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM       
That's the one where Robocop in bondage gear hosts right?
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM       
I don't think so. For the first few seasons it was hosted by a guy named Joel and after Joel left it was hosted by Mike.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM       
I'll just wait till they make a new season, I hate having to go back and start from the beginning. How's the animation, is it CGI?
Insane Writer
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM       
No animation. It's all live action. And there are no new seasons. It's done.

Here, this episode's considered the best:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnGiaS9uOf8

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEGeN...eature=related

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaaA...eature=related

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6xlE...eature=related

Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ibI...eature=related

Part 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0b1...eature=related

Part 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7ZM...eature=related

Part 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWXc...eature=related

Part 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61UBu...eature=related

Part 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7WYA...eature=related
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:06 AM       
This is great! They should make a movie!
Insane Writer
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM       
They did. The movie they rifted in it was called "This Island Earth". The problem was, they had to make it really short for some reason and had to cut some good stuff (for example, in the movie these scientists name a cat "Neutron" "because he's so positive!" but it was cut)

It is really funny though, and I reccomend it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 01:09 AM       
nah, looks pretty shitty if you ask me. Prob never going to watch it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 01:12 AM       
I was trying t watch it, but those guys kept talking over the movie. WTF? Can you mute them on the dvd?
Insane Writer
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM       
That's the point of the series. The movies are really bad and the guy and robots make fun of it.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM       
Maybe if there were 2 guys and a robot that might work. Or some kind of talking monkey or something.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 06:40 PM       
You guys have no taste.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
I taste delicious. That's what....
Insane Writer
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM       
Yeah. The mad scientists ("Mads") needed one human to test the movies on and the first guy made the robots himself for company. Ironically, he used parts to make them that would have allowed him to start and stop the movie.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
Hahahha, seriously? He must have been super bored to make robots. What did he use, a gumball machine for parts?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
Why doesn't he just leave or close his eyes?
Insane Writer
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Dr. Forrester has various punishments for Joel/Mike not watching the movies, including shutting off the oxygen and electrically shocking him. And yes, I know those are fatal but the series tended to have the audiences suspend belief. As the opening song says "Remember this is just a show. You should really just relax"

Interestingly, a deleted scene in the movie nearly has Mike die of air loss, but that's because the oxygen tank breaks and not because of Forrester.

Oh, and he did seem to use a gumball machine to make Tom Servo. One of Joel's characteristics was that he was a tinkerer and inventor. He worked as a janitor for Forrester, but the scientist didn't like him so Joel was shot into space as a test subject. It's possible that he's smarter than the Mads.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:01 AM       
If he's up in space how does the forrester see him? Did he make a camerabot too?
Insane Writer
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM       
Yes. Forrester has these monitors that watch the subject. There's also a cambaot that Joel created that's supposed to be the one the audience is watching through.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 01:29 PM       
This is a terrible conversation
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM       
I bet the show doesn't have any gypsies though.
Insane Writer
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:07 PM       
Probably in some of the movies it did. It did have a weird saytr-type guy name Torgo (taken from Manos: Hands of Fate)
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 09:09 AM       
Not even any gypsy robots?
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
Or birds?
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM       
guys can we stop pretending to not know what mst3k is already

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
guys can we stop pretending to not be huge dorks already
Mayor of Planet Lebowski
Skab Redd is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM       
The Giant Gila Monster. It was awesome! Who can resist cheesy lines like "Get me some o' that sodee pop!" And... well... giant animals destroying cities is always cool! Not to mention, the director also made The Killer Shrews, a cult classic that ranks up with of Godmonster of Indian Flats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giant_Gila_Monster