Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 06:08 PM       
Yeah a ton of bugs but still an awesome game. I beat it a while ago my guy was pimped out with a dark jedi robe an axe in one hand and a lightsaber in the other
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 09:00 PM       
Oh Jesus Christ, everything is so fucked up now I'm tempted to start over and stick to a walkthrough. There are something like five missions I can't finish now because I went to an area I wasn't supposed to enter yet. Good thing they didn't place it right in my path. Oh, hang on, they did.

And I just got out of a sticky spot where I had to kill two people with one character from my party, and it was impossible because I wasn't allowed to change his gear and hadn't given him any good stuff for a while. It's a good thing a FAQ could tell me there was a glitch there, so I could run over to a certain spot to make my opponents freeze up so I could take them out.

There's no real point in playing this before a bunch of patches are out. Lucasarts just released the first one, but all it does is to put a PDF version of the manual in the game directory.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 10:12 PM       
Meh. I played through it twice and I only noticed a few annoying glitches and the game was great. My friend's borrowing it right now and loving it too. Mind you, neither of us are exactly "hardcore gamers" and don't notice a lot of stuff that some people do.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 12:00 AM       
Did anyone Notice they even hint at the abundance of glitches and retarted moments? When the little pop-up appears after one of attons "Idon't like this" moments and tells you to save whenever he gets a batd feeling. Did anyone get the glitch where the characters yould make random movements while talking?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 12:41 AM       
You mean the game holds your hand and reminds you to save before hard fights?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 02:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
And I just got out of a sticky spot where I had to kill two people with one character from my party, and it was impossible because I wasn't allowed to change his gear and hadn't given him any good stuff for a while.
Oh god, I know the exact scene you're talking about. I hadn't equiped him either because I never had him in my party (because I never had a party, and because I hate him). I found that if you pause the moment the cutscene ends, before it automatically pauses for "enemy sighted", you can load him up. Of course, I still wound up running away, lobbing grenades like a madman.

While I'm on the subject, I don't like the times when the game forces you to do without the main character. My guy could handle situations alone that a party of any 3 teammates couldn't without some difficulty.
Mocker
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 06:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
You mean the game holds your hand and reminds you to save before hard fights?
Nah, it's just that one time. I think.

Oh, and a question for Boogie and the other guys who already finished it:

Quote:
If I try to talk to the handmaiden, she gets really pissed at me for talking to the blind Jedi chick. If I lose influence with the other one before talking to the handmaiden, will she ease up? I've got five savegames, but all of them are from after I've talked to the new girl. You know, because I thought I was supposed to be able to talk to people without other people going nuts three hours later.

Old Feb 15th, 2005, 11:18 AM       
Quote:
Hell if I know. I managed to work the Handmaiden well into the Dark Side, but nothing I say can get me any influence with the blind chick. Maybe you can only please one of them.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 06:35 PM       
Spoilers

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Yeah, it's incredibly easy to gain influence with the blind chick but the handmaiden the best way to do it is to spar with her. Oh, and she hates you when you're in love with the blind chick.

Mocker
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 06:42 PM       
Quote:
Yeah, but I only talked to her the one time, and now the handmaiden's gonna hate me for the rest of the game? That's just retarded. Non-linear gameplay is one thing, punishing you for something you couldn't possibly know you'd done wrong without any warning whatsover is another.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 07:35 PM       
I THINK THIS GAME IS VERY REALISTIC ABOUT GIRLS AM I RIGHT GUYS
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 07:52 PM       
I just got off the first planet and crashed my ship on someother planet. I can't remeber these names for the life of me.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
The Wolf
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but I only talked to her the one time, and now the handmaiden's gonna hate me for the rest of the game? That's just retarded. Non-linear gameplay is one thing, punishing you for something you couldn't possibly know you'd done wrong without any warning whatsover is another.
Spoilers

-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Quote:
That's odd. I got them both to love me the second time I played. The first time the handmaiden hated me but I had force sex with the blind one near the end both times :D. Maybe yours is just really glitched up, cause with my game I can talk to them both a lot and not have the handmaiden hate me.

Oh, and the part where you use your one guy to kill those 2 chicks in the bar is a lot easier if you make the guy a jedi :/ . To do that you need really high influence with him and gotta take the correct conversation routes. Also, you can do that with the non droid/wookie/mandalorian characters too.

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:20 PM       
Someone tell me I'm not the only person who goes the evil route.

**Spoiler**

Also, when I tried to make the handmaiden a jedi (or sith, whatever), I was transported to the telos academy, but there wasn't anything I could do. Anyone know anything about this?
The Wolf
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 10:31 PM       
Oh don't worry Boogie, you're not alone in being evil. I even sometimes get people's hopes up just so I can dash them

Oh, and what happens at the telos academy? Anything? I know you have to go back there eventually for an important part of the story.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 10:46 PM       
the ending sucked :/

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 02:36 AM       
The ending is more in what's said in the conversation before the end video than the video itself.

Old Feb 17th, 2005, 12:04 PM       
But it's still weak as hell. Sure, there's some interesting stuff said, but they don't wrap up a lot of the loose ends. I could see them leaving some open for a sequel, but not like this.
The Wolf
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 02:20 PM       
Yeah, I was disappointed too. I was really looking forward to something more than that but what can ya do? :/ Kotor 1 was better I thought.

Old Feb 17th, 2005, 05:10 PM       
Complain!

Seriously, though, it seems like there's a lot of complaints out there about the ending. Gamespy has an article in which the author said he found out that there were a bunch of ending events that were planned, but never implemented on account of the production deadline. I'm not suggesting that if enough people complain that they'll actually go back and put the scenarios in the game in some kind of huge patch. I'm just saying that perhaps the growing disappointment in such will make Lucasarts rethink their policy on forcing games out before they're ready.
Mocker
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:55 PM       
I haven't finished the game yet, but it's obvious this game was nowhere near ready to be released.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 01:35 PM       
I had fun with this, really. It's obviously yeah, unfinished and works half the time, but I think I enjoyed it more than KotOR.