Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:39 AM        Reminisce about I-Mockery!
Okay guys I always like to remember the past and look to the future, but this thread is ALL ABOUT that first part. All you neophytes can look to our collective experience for inspiration! Let's see...

October 2000: I had just registered after buying a Booberry t-shirt, and I felt so connected that I called my girlfriend when Rog was on The Daily Show telling her to watch and she was all like WTF, probably contributing to the premature ending of that relationship.

December 2000: I first begin my polemic career as a Mocker by assuming the role as a hard-ass Catholic. I'm quite convinced that CLA Spinster (theapportioner) is a lesbian and Glowbelly remarks that "If your (my) mind were any more narrow I'd (she) floss with it". A critical step in my adolescent development.

January 2001: AChimp's waxing presence pisses me off to no end for no real reason. I still play it low-key, rarely venturing out of the Philosophy boards.

March 2001 (approximately): Public speculation posits me as the secret identity of the elusive Mr. Impostery. I take this to mean that I belong.

April 2001: The crest of the Era of Yahoo! Voicemail. While on spring break in Florida I compulsively dial a 1-800 number to hear the voices of Swamper, Yammy, Miss Emma, and probably other fine womens. It was through this outlet that Agent Burdock confirmed my existence, then mysteriously disappeared.

May 2001: Instead of going to Junior Year Prom, I participate in I-Mockery's first (and probably only) Drunk Night! Except I wasn't drunk, just displacing my fear of girls onto the internet. I still managed to be scandalized by a particular female poster that night!

June 2001: Once I hit post 256, I decided I need to take a break from active participation for a while. Don't question my logic.

11 September 2001: When the greatest collective "WTF?!" ever happens to the internet Volksgeist, Habib Walters is suddenly VERY unpopular! When defending myself against cries of un-Americanism for not demanding that the Middle East be turned into glass, Kevintheherbivore (Oh yes, there once was such a time) honors me with a place in his signature for one of my thoughtless aphorisms.

May 2002: I post pictures of my braids for prom and a mastadonian afro with Bishop Higi at my Confirmation. Females everywhere go crazy.

20 June 2002: When KFC gives away free chicken fingers, I-Mockery goes wild!

July-August 2002: After establishing myself as a virulent anti-Semite in the philosophy boards, Kakha makes a parody of me! From then onwards the teeming millions must be careful to distinguish Winston Smith, bastion of sophomorism and hater of Jews everywhere, with Winston A Smith, a babbling moron who could never keep track of which account he was using, leading to some very schizoid posting habits.

Soon thereafter I have my first mocker-to-mocker phone call with the lovely and talented Hugh Bristic. As fate would have it, she's not as manly as the name implies.

November-December 2002: I discover that sleeping with strange girls can be messy business, and the I-Mockery community laughs in unison!

At some point in the first quarter of 2003, the switch to the new boards is made. I decide that it's a sign from God that I shouldn't re-register and instead focus on my grades. Still, I come to this website for passive learning on what's going on in the Iraqi build-up to war. I guess I thought cnn.com was too inefficient or something.

Late March 2003: Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. When they let me out of the looney bin, I make a triumphant return because I have jack shit to do with my life at that point.

August 2003: Reports of my amazing vehicular acrobatics astound everyone with my survival!

December 2003: Not entirely convinced that I'm immortal at this point, I swallow a bottle of aspirin and go on a sarcastic posting spree. Doopa is not happy and I get my first banning warning.

Until February 2005, I was busy living the good life to do much besides create a character and then I had a little story to tell about a philosophical experiment of mine. Loose lips sink ships! Back to the psychiatric ward with me! Coming out weeks later I was entertained by a particular hairy-assed Greek insinuating the whole thing was a hoax. If only, dude!

In the time since then, the majority of the assholes who are going to read this post signed up, making the past year a period of abounding tedium.

Thank you for this path down memory lane, feel free to post your own I-Memories!

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 03:36 AM       
Aaah Drunk night. That was a laff.

First became aware of what was happening on 9/11 from being on here just after the first plane hit and protoclown (I think) saying 'theres something weird happening'...
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 04:42 AM       
My first memory of I-Mockery is Chojin telling me to shut up and fuck off. After that it's pretty much a haze, but somewhere between then and now I somehow started writing for the main site.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:13 AM       
Most people have that memory, Pjalne :<
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:08 AM       
I just remembered it's been a long time since we've bothered to set up a big public "mock meet" :o

Dirksen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM        whoaere
I think Hugh Charmichael and Barry were here once.

I posted a picture of a retarded that made Doopa cry.

Habib.

Protoclown hates me, I think, but I don't remember why.

Emma let me fly to her city.

Jixby told a guy who said he had a broken penis to find a girl with a broken vagina.

McClain was a sailor from Hawaii or something.

Max Burbank was the only one who wrote coherent jokes.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM        Re: whoaere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirksen
Jixby told a guy who said he had a broken penis to find a girl with a broken vagina.
This is fantastic.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:46 PM       
This is a great thread idea, but unfortunately I don't remember shit.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:48 PM       
Yeah, and most of my memories are things that I sincerely hope everyone else has forgotten. And that all the pictures have since been deleted.
was never good
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:49 PM       
Also at first i thought this was the engagement thread and foudn protoclown's response to be hilarious :<
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM        Re: Reminisce about I-Mockery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
January 2001: AChimp's waxing presence pisses me off to no end for no real reason. I still play it low-key, rarely venturing out of the Philosophy boards.
It's because I was achieving a level of awesomeness that no one could match.
was never good
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:01 PM       
i remember i really hated you too, but can't pinpoint a reason either
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:10 PM       
Yeah, you and I used to fight all the time. Then I made a comic about you and Lenore. Then we made sweet, sweet man love and the rest is history.

Things I remember:

- A time when James would make us LOL
- DiCaprio
- Beating thekapn
- Making Jixby all defensive by saying we should start IP banning annoying characters to see which regular member disappeared
- roonTing's cock piercing (and the photos by Carnivore)
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:10 PM       
Yea I remember when everyone hated AChimp for some reason ;/
was never good
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM       
Rog, we need to set up another semi-large gathering before you move to Oz. If I have my apartment by that time, I can host it there as there's tons of shit within walking distance in Laurel, MD.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM       
I remember being the biggest Jixby fanatic ever when I first saw his old Page-O-Fun back in late 2000 and I was inspired to create my own website under the pseudonym Max McGee. Hugh and Barry liked me too.

On 9-11 I think Spazboy the Mitey made a thread an hour after it happened making fun of it, but it might not have even been this board.

I finally regestered when I-Mock got off ezboard. I think I became generally well-liked early on. I only remember Rongi hating me at first.

Chojin sent me a PM once that said "Do I know you? Because you made me laugh and only people I know do that, ****** >:" I haven't made him laugh since.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Rog, we need to set up another semi-large gathering before you move to Oz. If I have my apartment by that time, I can host it there as there's tons of shit within walking distance in Laurel, MD.
That's rockin about your apartment and I'd love to but you see... I'm moving next Thursday (if not earlier) and I'm gonna be pretty friggin' swamped until then. I suggest we have the first West Coast mock meet sometime this year, or maybe just everybody meet somewhere in the middle of the country and when we get there we'll all go "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE MEET ON ONE OF THE COASTS!?!? THERE'S NOTHING TO DO HERE!"
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
This is a great thread idea, but unfortunately I don't remember shit.
you remember the shit proto TELL ME YOU REMEMBER THE SHIT
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 06:21 PM       
I remember I snuck in the back way of the I-Mockery via the gaming forum on ezboard and have been there ever since.

I remember people asking me for metal slug roms all day long

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM       
I remember the time James started a whiny "Lets Ban ArrowX" thread because I started a thread complaining about him and accused him of starting about 4 threads, only one of wich had anything remotely to do with him.

PS James I still think your a fuckweed
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
I remember hating on that Ultra Perfect Cell guy, that was pretty fun
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM       
holy shit I though UPC was like Marine or someone like that? I do remember that guy being funny.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM       
brood war with people from here, and mock was awesome and me and blackflag really sucked

registering and having glowbelly suggest i huff glue rather than post

jamesman declaring he couldnt handle the pressure of being the guy to make us LOL and leaving

daisyhead and her list
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM       
I remember I started acting like Towelieeie and getting a whole bunch of people pissed.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 09:33 PM       
I remember when Brandon's name was ArtificialBrandon and when he posted here