Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 11:39 PM        Art Improvement Thread
This is the thread i made because of Doopa's idea.

Here's how it works. Post a picture of a work or piece of art you did that day, (or sometime around that particular date), and then you critique the techniques and looks and such of the previous poster's piece, so everyone's work gets evaluated.

Today's piece is a few sketches i did earlier, after seeing Violent Cop. The guy in the corner upper left is a guy who looks kinda like someone you'd see outside of a school or something. The bottom two-gun dude was intended to be a guy in a polyester suit with 2 guns, but i got sloppy. Peanut head... explains itself, and the two stickmen were a kung-fu pose and a scarface pose. Personally, i loathe my drawing style, but i think that the guy in the corner is okay in a cartoony way.

Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 04:48 AM       
http://www.coh.com/forums/attachment...&postid=491100

I did that because I was bored and wanted to show off a bit to my friends.

anyway, I like your style of drawing Ninja, I like the stickmen, because they seem to be in an active pose, which I can't really detect in the gun guy. No worries, I still like the gun guy.

As for peanut head, I just laughed. It was funny.

Now, the guy with the cigarette, I like him, in a cartoony sort of way, as you said. He doesn't seem to have fingers thoug, only adding to tye cartoony thing, and it makes me laugh to see a character that could be in a funny cartoon with a fag in his mouth.

I like your drawing Ninja, althouhg I liked that Cyberpunk drawing you did better. You've got some talent.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:53 PM       
I think that is a nifty little drawing there. It reminds me of the art inside of the castlevania manuals, when it shows off the enemies. It also looks to me like the Dark Knight from FFII. I like how it's kind of simple, but looks so good. I always end up trying to cram too much into my original drawings, so i always have to do cartoony stuff.

This a Russian guy i drew while the teacher was talking about the Russian's involvement in WWI. Also seen: Boomerang hand, running model, throatpipe guy, and bear face.

Satan attacks me and my girly hair as i shoot and curse at zombies. The cartoon is a sock puppet capping a dude for his sandwich.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM       

I like the russian guy and the cartoon .

I'd upload my stuff, but I don't know how the fuck to use my scanner .
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:11 PM       
at the cartoon.

anyway, you can draw VERY well. the guy in my drawing is called the Silver Crow, and he's a superhero, but I've made some changes to his design since then. I'd post more things, only I can't figure out the new confiuration of my scanner, and I have no idea how to post things on the internet.

anyway, I like you drawings a lot. I can draw zombies fairly well too. I've been obsessed with DOOM and Nocturne lately, so I'm in such a phase.

That's me, I go through phases of drawing, sometimes, I draw nothing but zombies getting mauled for a week, and then I get into a superhero hype, which I'm still in ever since I went to this online hero fighting site, and sometimes I just draw disfigured corpses and monsters, inspired by McFarlane's "Tortured Souls" series.

anyway, keep up the good work
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:13 PM       
The pictures are very cool, I like the Russian guy a lot and the Silver Crow superhero looks imposing. Same for the cartoon strip - something cool, hertzfeldt-kinda about the innocent look of the sock puppet.

The line was a quick guide for what was (hopefully) going to be a huge, disproportionately puffed-out chest the guy was going to be screaming over, but I got lazy towards the end, stuck a big wound in his head and called it a day.
Anyway, can you guys recommend any particular comics for artwork? I used to collect 2000 A.D. but stopped around Preacher when they started introducing digital colouring (and Judge Dredd got released ), and that's about as far as my experience with comics goes.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:43 PM       
My scanner broke, so I'm getting someone to scan in my drawings tomorrow. :/
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:55 PM       
I love the way the guy is screaming, it's like he just noticed the massive wound in his head. Your art is very sharp and crisp looking, Sloth, and the pen overlay doesn't hurt, either.

Today's is a few sketches i did in math class. I hope you like them, because i missed the lesson about doing complicated interest to draw these. :/

I like the guy in the bottom-middle, with the hair over his eye. It was supposed to be a little doodle like the Bitchin' Camaro guy, but came out pretty good. I', gonna use him for a comic strip i'm gonna start drawing soon. In the very bottom is a dude that looks like a gym teacher or something, i just wanted to draw someone yelling. Also seen: Crappy Vash, Scribble Face, Melty-dude, Guy from Streetfighter, an eyeball demon, a jellybean-like demon, a guy with a dude crawling out of his mouth, and attempted surreal art in the corner. The centerpiece is the Bitchin' Camaro (that looks suspicioualy like a porsche because that's the only kind of car i can draw) with a monster-kinda guy driving it, because that song totally kicks ass.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:44 PM       
I like the one in the very bottom middle and very bottom right(one with head coming out of mouth)

And I like your style, Sloth... POST MORE!
kitatsdiuqil
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:55 PM       

I drew this during math in like 3 or 4 minutes I dont think its all that great, its got alot of smudges and shit too. And I couldnt find a picture of a straight jacket in my math book... so the straight jacket he is wearing looks nothing like a real one. Anyway, any comments would be nice. Maybe ill spend math and geography drawing an actual good picture tomorrow to post. :/
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:09 PM       
Straightjackets actually have the arms wrap around the back, and i can't quite tell what the guy's doing with his hands. Other than that, though, nifty lil' picture.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:17 PM       
I dont know what he's doing either :/ I just drew sumpin
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:55 PM       
I like the way Sloth draws, because you can really see the absolute terror in the guy's eyes. I like all of your drawings, Ninja, so I'm not gonna go write the same words of praise over and over again, but, I lie, so I will: I really like your style of drawing ad nauseum....

anyhoo, keep up the good work Statik, and Sloth too, and I'll try to scan some new stuff, i.e. more superheroes, including Captain Holland, and some robot dude, and send them to a friend of mine to give me a url.

Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 02:52 PM       

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 03:00 PM       

you are trying to kill me aren't you? You're making me drool all over the keyboard to get me to electrocute myself.

at that.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 10:44 PM       
Yall should try drawing a manneiquin or a rough skeleton(?) to get the body shapes right, then flesh it out before doing the details.

eg.

then:

Ps. Sorry for the shitty picture but i just quickly sketched it up to demonstrate.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:00 AM       
cool Jin.

oh, and I'm getting extra marks in art class, because I was done with my stuff, and I just started scribling stuff, and my teacher really liked it. it's cool if you can draw well.

I'm trying to get my pics scanned as soon as possible, oh, and there's gonna be a ROBOT NINJA

or, whatever, yeah.... :/
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:44 AM       
Aye, that's how my ninja came out so well (considering the other crap i churn out), and i plan to use the skeletons for e'rything i plan on drawing now. Good practice. Now i just have to learn to draw clothing folds. :/
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM       
The eyeball monster looked like Shuma Gorath .
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 08:40 PM       
Another thing i just thought of, Try drawing the musclature from a real model or an anatomy book and then try doing it on a real picture, that way it looks more realistic. (Not that my pictures are very realistic or even very good.)

eg.

And the eyeball does look like Shuma Gorath. :P
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 10:05 PM       
I never paid a whole lot of attention to eyeball guy before, but he does look like shuma, now that it's been pointed out. I'll try to draw a lot of muscles, too, so i can get the bases right. I mostly drew spider-man as a kid, so a lot of the stuff i draw ends up with his body. :/
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:46 PM       
I'm drawing my entry for the Postal 2 contest right now. It looks B-A-D-A-S-S, you will see it when they are posted. I can get some on my stuff up on here by Tuesday. I made a -RoG-.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 09:14 PM       

Ignore the two atrocities in the corner that i was dickin' around with, the skeleton is the main piece. I started with a stick man, and built it based off a toy on my shelf. I really like the feet on this thing, but i still don't like the fact that it's mine, and i could have done better with it.