Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 08:22 AM        London asplode
People, London is getting shit blown up.

The entire public transportation system has been shut down.

Five explosions in the Tube, one bus blew up.

Two deaths confirmed, at least ninety people injured in one Tube station.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ube/index.html
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 08:36 AM       
Its going to be a good day for all the pubs in london.

but seriously, those assholes.....
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 09:43 AM       
CNN is reporting 10 confirmed dead and 190+ injured.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 09:52 AM       
Another small country will be bombed into submission after this, I think. Unless it turns out that the bombings are related to Africa, in which case I think they will just bomb Bono.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM       
I'm tellin you it's the French. They are pissed about not getting the 2012 Olympics in Paris.
Mocker
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:01 AM       
Ya, but there are no reports of a pungent odor around the blast sites prior to the explosions.

But, seriously, someone pointed out that London has had lots of media because of the Olympic announcement. The attackers could have been waiting for that.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:16 AM       

swimini is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM        been watching the news all day
Hi guys, dont worry Mock I am safe and sound (in case anyone hadn't realise this is Cherry by the way). Now despite what CNN might be claiming there is no official 'body count', and so far it seems that considering there were at least 7 seperate explosions the death toll is it a minimum. Rather the effect of the attack has been to bring central London to a standstill. The areas that the attacks took place are largley offices, although there are a lot of hotels there- so anyone who has anyone on holiday in London should try and check in with them. But as isaid earlier I have been watching the news solidly since 10am and there does not seems to be a high death toll, although a lot of people have sustained seriuos injuries. The BBC have just confirmed 2 deaths and 100 injured. One Arab website has a statment supposedly from 'al- quiada' claiming they made the attack in repsonse to British masacres of Muslims in Iraq.
The emergency services are doing a great job here and lets not forget London has dealt with this sort thing before and on a much more serous scale, my only hope now is that the attacks are over.

and without making light of this awful act, I also thought of disgruntled Parisians!
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:55 AM       
I was just watching the new coverage on tv and I was amazed by the londonites' calm and nonchalant responses to the bombing, unlike the screaming americans on 9/11. I bet they're too tired and hungover to run around and scream.

Anyway I hope they get those son of a bitches who did this :fist

Edit: never mind, a friend emailed me and reminded me that the bombing is more common in london than it is in america. they went through hell in WWII and then the IRA have been bombing london for years. so that explains the indifferences.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM       
Updates have said there where actually only 3 bombs in the underground system instead of 7. No news on whether they where suicide attacks or otherwise though.

I guess we can just be thankful it was not a chemical attack like the emergency services rehersed a year-or-so ago.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:10 AM       
The death toll is now 45.
Mocker
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:26 AM       
Scotlland Yard has confirmed 33 dead with more unconfirmed.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:26 PM       
What a shitty day just when London was celebrating too.
My sis and her family were in central London, all ok thank fuck.
Hope we don't see the same reactionary madness over here that the US witnessed after 911.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
calm and nonchalant responses to the bombing, unlike the screaming americans on 9/11.
The people of Madrid ran around screaming.
Now, will Great Britian copy the pussy footed Spanish and back out of Iraq?
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM       
A bus exploded just round the corner from my mates work. He's more worried about getting home though - the underground is for most the only route in and out of the central london business district,so most of the commuting population is stranded.
From the tone of the prime minister's address it's unlikely things will get hysterical any time soon. Plus london has a history of having the fuck blown out of it by the irish; this is just a new unprecedented scale. It was my mum's birthday today too The card I'd got her read "hope your day is full of happy surprises"
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
Hope we don't see the same reactionary madness over here that the US witnessed after 911.
Are you referring to misplaced patriotism and horrible bumper stickers?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:06 PM       
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM       
Quote:
Are you referring to misplaced patriotism and horrible bumper stickers?
No..but now you mention it, I hope that doesnt happen either. I meant the random attacks on people of arab or muslim appearance.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:11 PM       
Does England have a national animal so I can make some funny bumper stickers? :<

swimini is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM       
take your pick Chojin, lion or lapdog, erm I mean bulldog
was never good
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:32 PM       
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:53 PM       

It's gonna be OK.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:57 PM       
From what I've heard, Qaeda Al Jihad (or something like that) caused the bombings.

I love how Fox News just calls it "Al Qaeda in Europe" though. LOL.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 02:18 PM       
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait you are dumb.

Thats what they (the only group to claim responsibilty so far) called themselves. Well actually they are called ' Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe' but do you really want to hear Brit Hume say that 5 times over?

A series of bomb attacks on London's transport network has killed more than 30 people and injured about 350 others.

Three explosions on the Underground left 33 dead and an unknown number died in a blast on a double-decker bus.

UK Prime Minister Tony Blair promised the "most intense police and security service action to make sure we bring those responsible to justice".

An Islamist website has posted a statement - purportedly from al-Qaeda - claiming it was behind the attacks.

Mr Blair, who has returned to London from the G8 summit, also paid tribute to the stoicism and resilience of the people of London and said the terrorists must not be allowed to succeed.

Blast timeline
0851 Seven people die in a blast on a train 100 yards from Liverpool Street station
0856 21 people die in a blast on a train between Russell Square and King's Cross stations
0917 Five people die in blast on a train at Edgware Road station
0947 An unknown number die in a blast on a number 30 bus at Tavistock Place

All London Underground services have been suspended until at least Friday.

Bus services have resumed in central London (Zone One) with diversions in affected areas. Most mainline train stations are open.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Brian Paddick confirmed 33 people had died in the blasts on the Underground.

It's particularly barbaric that this has happened on a day when people are meeting to try to help the problems of poverty and Africa
Tony Blair

There were seven confirmed deaths after a blast at 0851 BST 100 yards into a tunnel from Liverpool Street station. The train was either a Central Line or Circle Line train.

And at 0917 BST an explosion on a train coming into Edgware Road underground station blew a hole through a wall onto another train in an adjoining platform.

Three trains were thought to be involved and there were five confirmed deaths so far, Mr Paddick said.

He said it was not yet known how many died in the bus blast at 0947 at the junction of Upper Woburn Place and Tavistock Square.

An unknown number died in the bus explosion
London Ambulance Service said it had treated 45 patients with serious or critical injuries including burns, amputations, chest and blast injuries and fractured limbs.

Some 300 more people were treated for minor injuries including lacerations and smoke inhalation, LAS assistant chief officer Russell Smith added.

Mr Paddick confirmed police were looking into whether the bus blast was the work of a suicide bomber.

But, he added: "It could as easily be an explosive device left on the bus as the work of a suicide bomber. We are not able to determine which it was yet."

He said no warning had been given before the blasts and that no-one had yet claimed to be behind them.

BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner said a previously unknown group calling itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe had claimed to be behind the attacks in a statement posted on an Islamist website.

The group's statement said the attacks were revenge for the "massacres" Britain was committing in Iraq and Afghanistan and that the country was now "burning with fear and panic", he added.

I hope everyone here hasn't lost anyone.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM       
I think that calling them Qaeda Al Jihad was more suitable than "Al Qaeda in Europe," which just sounds dumb.

Edit: Check this out.

British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

According to the Associated Press, a senior Israeli official said Scotland Yard told Israel minutes before the explosions that it had received warnings of possible terror attacks. Sky News says this has been denied by Scotland Yard. Sir Ian during his interview with Sky confirmed the absence of any specific intelligence.

Form your own conspiracy theories.

Edit: Sorry, I had to fix the URLs. Thank you mercedesrules on Anti-State for the articles.