Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 03:25 PM        thrift store goodies.
I have a newfound liking for thrift stores that has grown on me this past month. In nevada, I found a Master System for $3 that works fine (just the console and a game, no cables, but I had my friend test it). And just yesterday, this one down town had 2 NES' for $6 each. My girlfirend was lovely enough to buy me one, since I was very broke at the time. Tonight my friend is going to come over and test it for me (he has the cables for this one too, since I think the consoles he doesnt own can be counted on one hand).
So anyway, have any of you found anything exceptional at a thriftstore that didnt smell like grandmas? Or am I just damn lucky to find 2 great gaming systems from my childhood for less than $10?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 05:16 PM       
You're lucky. I find nothing but shit at thrift stores.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 05:23 PM       
All they have at the thrift stores near me are old typewriters, McDonald's toys, and clothes. I swear that I found a pair of panties in there. I was looking for some systems too, but nothing came up.

The yard sales here suck too.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
You're lucky. You have a girlfriend.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:01 AM       
"if you were my girlfriend/i would treat you right"-Justin Timberlake

I found a kick ass valtera skateboard with metal trucks (it only needed new wheels and bearings) for 13 dollars. I've also found some uber fashionable dresses, a copy of Jane Eyre, many records, including, but not limited too: Liberace, The Cabbage Patch Kids, and David Bowie + Mick Jaeger. I also frequently see many bowling balls, but I don't have enough room to be able to buy any. I could go on and on and on and on....but I won't. However, I do recommend the Thrift Outlet on Main St. in Woodland, CA. Goodwills and the Salvation Army are always way overpriced, but not as bad as the Yolo County Hospice and All Things Right and Relevent which put on the guise of a thrift store when they are really consignment. SPCA blows too.

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:19 PM       
Value Village is where I found both my systems. St. Vincent seems to have some goodies from time to time. Like this one time, my friend and I went there, and he found Ninja Gaiden 2 for $3.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 03:03 PM       
I don't have any thrift stores around me I can think of right now. But I go to the flea market around here and find great things, I found a Ghostbusters action figure of Igon and a lot of He-Man toys. I saw a lot of old NES's too but I couldn't buy one.

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 03:06 PM       
cool. Thats something that I havent checked. And we have a flea market about 10 minutes from my house. :/

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 04:23 PM       
tag sales.

I think I just like looking at weird shit people have collected for years. gravy bowls
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 04:53 PM       
I got a 40's dress for $7 and a pair of shoes from the 40's for $4 (I like that sort of thing ) I have amazing second hand stores by me though, so I'm lucky.

pissed off salesman is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 04:54 PM       
Uh, lets see two weeks ago i found, a set of atari 2600 paddle controllers, an atari video touchpad, and three atari games (combat, space invaders, and the telegames edition of yar's revenge) all for seven dollars.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 05:01 PM       
I once found a Wild Puffalump (an '80s toy) in total mint condition. And I have found a Carebear and Gloworm too.
I sometimes find some pretty decent clothes there, along with some wearable shoes.
My thrift store is cool.

SLjimbo is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 05:56 PM       
How's this for a deal: at a tag sale, I got a SNES + 3 games along with 2 original LJN WWF action figure (the big vinyl ones) for $25.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 06:24 PM       
At a local estate sale I found a preserved length of Lower Intestine, which I purchased for a mere $1.23. It was on a blanket marked "All Items $1.29, but I 'jewed' the grieving widow 'down'.

Genetic tests later revealed the intestine was mine.

I returned to the house to demand a refund, but found it abandoned and in a state of advanced decay. A local boy delivering 'grit' by bicycle informed me the house had been empty since he'd moved to the neighborhood, four years ago.

After thinking about it for a moment, I pushed him off his bike.