Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 11:31 PM       
two-hnders are pretty ridiculous. i was one shotting shit constantly
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM       
Same here. I pretty much just wandered around and killed everything in one or two hits. Even more effective when you have enough smithing and enchanting skill to significantly boost the damage output.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM       
So am I the only one who just wore the Nightingale Armor for the entire game? I replaced the gloves with some bracers that buffed my archery, and swapped the cowl out with one of those dragon wizard guys' masks, but other than that it never came off. That huge mask looks kinda retarded on my rake-thin vampire wood elf, like I could fall over from topheavyness at any second, but I value stats over aesthetics. It's a bit silly that people can still tell I'm a vampire through my full-body stealth outfit, but I can suck their blood through solid metal so I guess it's a fair trade.

Also, vampirism is a hassle as usual and none of the powers you get are very useful, especially since I already had a huge racial resistance to poison and disease. At least you can actually play the game as a vampire, though; it's not equivalent to being a paraplegic leper like in Morrowind. I guess I could look for a cure quest or try and find some special quests that only vampires get, but I think I'm done with Skyrim for a while.

Was lots of fun, can't wait for Fallout 4 to build on it. I also can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls game, since all the countries that haven't been focused on yet sound cool as fuck, especially Elsweyr. It and Valenwood are pretty small and right next to each other, so I bet they could even be put into one game.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jan 6th, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
So am I the only one who just wore the Nightingale Armor for the entire game?
I have been and still am wearing the arch-mage robes. Since I lean heavily on fireballing everything I see I kind of need them
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 04:49 PM       
Same here, I wore them since I got them, along with the best Destruction-cost-reducers I can enchant...Casting 200Mana Spells with 350 Mana is just stupid...and no, I´m not Altmer, I´m Argonian
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM       
with my stealth character im wearing a mix of assassins/thieves guild and some other things to boost sneak and sneak damage but on my heavy armor two hander dude i made almost everything ;/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 09:59 PM       
Beat the game. End boss is a joke.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
So am I the only one who just wore the Nightingale Armor for the entire game? I replaced the gloves with some bracers that buffed my archery, and swapped the cowl out with one of those dragon wizard guys' masks, but other than that it never came off. That huge mask looks kinda retarded on my rake-thin vampire wood elf, like I could fall over from topheavyness at any second, but I value stats over aesthetics. It's a bit silly that people can still tell I'm a vampire through my full-body stealth outfit, but I can suck their blood through solid metal so I guess it's a fair trade.
The first thing I did in the game was go thieves guild to get nightingale armor. I use the Krosis(sp) mask I got from killing the dragon priest near the place where you get the FALMER EYES.

It looks real dumb but it has +ARCHERY +LOCKPICKING +SNEAKING or something like that so its a fit.

Want to do Assassins guild next. Statwise the JESTER(or JOKER)equipment looks great but I don't know what it looks like yet and sounds like it looks terrible.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 08:37 PM       
Quote:
Krosis
That's my favorite mask too :D

Also that vampire cure quest was really easy. I was expecting an epic journey like what you have to do in Oblivion, but the hardest part was getting that wizard guy's AI to not bug out so that he'd actually show up at the summoning circle.

Quote:
Beat the game. End boss is a joke.
Yeah he is; I don't think he even hit me. Even Elder Dragons are more of a pain than Alduin was.
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 02:06 AM       
I was expecting some Yub Nub Jedi shit for saving the world, but all I got was a bunch of dragons saying "Thanks, that guy was an asshole. Well, see you later, I guess..."
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 02:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Want to do Assassins guild next. Statwise the JESTER(or JOKER)equipment looks great but I don't know what it looks like yet and sounds like it looks terrible.
It looks pretty much like Ciphero's (or is it Cicero? I forget) outfit I think.

My new favorite kill animation was when I decided to fight a giant with a dagger, it was a hamstring his leg then follow up by putting the dagger through his chin as he goes to a knee. Solid.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 09:22 PM       

mod community

zerothree is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 10:45 PM       
I saw that Macho Man mod video on another site this morning, so rad.. It almost makes me want to play Skyrim... Almost.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 02:44 AM       
I decided to make a thief named Robin Banks because my lesbian warrior just got too strong and basically decapitates everything and I got bored trying to grind to lv 50. I've fought two different dragons in almost every major town and they aren't even exciting anymore. I think the only challenge I had was when I accidentally stumbled into Krosis and a dragon at the same time.

It's a lot more fun to be a douchebag because you get way better shit than trying to be a good person. I did feel weirdly depressed offing that one princess at the wedding for some reason and felt really uncomfortable with myself when I was eating dinner. I know Robin Banks didn't give a fuck but why do I feel sad about killing someone after spending like 30 hours decapitating people?

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 03:05 AM       
Because that princess was your target and not just trash you wade through on your way to more riches. You knew who she was more or less and I guess she didn´t fight back

By the way:
"It's a lot more fun to be a douchebag because you get way better shit than trying to be a good person."

I think this was written on a stone tablet in ancient times as one of the definite truths about nature and human society

My Orc-Dude is coming along nicely, having heavy armor and two-handed as my main skills means I never have to pay anything for my combat training, thank you, stupid Companions
My only problem now is that I need a lot of Daedra Hearts and I can´t get into Winterhold Academy cause I´m NOT gonna invest anything into magic with this character...so I guess I´ll have to use the museum-method for farming hearts...ah well, I´ve never been to Dawnstar before, might as well take a look at it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM       
You can go to the Meruhns dagon shrine to farm for daedra hearts. The enemies respawn there every 2(maybe?) days. They drop daedra hearts.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM       
I think that's what he meant by museum-method. I believe you have to go to the museum before they even spawn at the shrine; I know that when I went to the shrine randomly, there wasn't anybody there.

Resident Chimp
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM       
I had daedra hearts coming out of every hole in my body. Once you reach Level 50 they seem to fall out of the sky. You only need like 5 of them to craft all the gear you need. After that it's a waste.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM       
I went light armo crafting, won't need then unless I pay to level heavy armor.
The Wolf
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM       
Or make Daedric weapons.

SKATASTIC
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM       
I just use glass war axe. do you need to craft daedric weapons? I thought those were all questable.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I just use glass war axe. do you need to craft daedric weapons? I thought those were all questable.
Just a generic deadric metal dagger would have to be crafted or it might be able to be found if you are lucky. I haven't been so far all I have stumbled across is a generic deadric helmet so far. Questable deadric weapons are already fully enchanted with something or other. Unless there's some quest I don't know about that rewards generic unenchanted deadric weapons
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 01:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
I did feel weirdly depressed offing that one princess at the wedding for some reason and felt really uncomfortable with myself when I was eating dinner. I know Robin Banks didn't give a fuck but why do I feel sad about killing someone after spending like 30 hours decapitating people?
I felt this way too after that mission. Was surprised to find good writing in a Bethsoft game.
The Wolf
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM       
Oh, man, the writing is usually just atrocious. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Any time they were talking about dragonspeak and stop to tell you what the corresponding dragonword is made me cringe.

That one quest where you collect blood from each kind of "mer" was kinda fun, and the payoff was nice. In general, the daedric quests were fun, actually. Fuck, though, you just know that every time you help a random person and they actually go with you on the quest, they're going to turn on you at the end for some stupid reason. It doesn't even make sense; you JUST watched me kill every fucking enemy in this dungeon, and then you think you can kill me at the end? What would make you think that?

Oh, and I have yet to do the Dark Brotherhood stuff. I'd planned on saving that and the mage guild for my second game, so when that chick somehow knocked me out and brought me to a room with three or four people and I had to kill one, I just killed her, saved them, and went to the DB hideout and murdered all of them.