Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 05:50 AM       
including being kind of ridiculously buggy, lol

NOT SAYING I DON'T LOVE IT OR ANYTHING
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 07:37 AM       
I can't wait for the next DLC. I tore through Dead Money in a night. That shit was great.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 07:54 AM       
Was Dead Money any good in terms of Equipment and Perks and stuff? I don´t care about the story or the places, just what kind of additional stuff I can get for my dude
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM       
I kept meaning to buy that, but never end up doing it.
I was also going to get the ad poster for it from Gamestop, but their crappy manager they had then threw it out right before I got there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Was Dead Money any good in terms of Equipment and Perks and stuff? I donīt care about the story or the places, just what kind of additional stuff I can get for my dude
but.. but the story's actually GOOD in dead money from what i remember the holorifle kicks some heavy ass once you get out(it's basically a laser sniper rifle + damage over time with a nightvision scope) and i think i used the police revolver a lot after i was done too
drifting in the void
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 04:52 AM       
Ohhh...Revolvers...there can never be enough handguns in a Fallout game...I remember trying to play F3 with the Chinese Pistol only because I fucking love the design of the Mauser C96...but sadly it´s the weakest gun in the whole game.

I did play a lot with Lucky in FNV though that was a lot of fun
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 06:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Someone completed a no-kill playthrough of it some time ago. It's pretty close to the original Fallouts, as opposed to Fallout 3.
Was it a totally no kill playthrough? Or did he let his companions kill some bitches? Is there video of this shit? I was thinking about trying it myself on hardcore as a merchant type character with no combat skills. I was just going to take Boone with me so I wouldnt have to worry about anything.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Was it a totally no kill playthrough? Or did he let his companions kill some bitches? Is there video of this shit? I was thinking about trying it myself on hardcore as a merchant type character with no combat skills. I was just going to take Boone with me so I wouldnt have to worry about anything.
With companion murder. I don't know how you'd get through some parts without someone shooting someone else. My guess is that you'll need a lot of sneakiness and a ton of stealth boys. The finale alone comes to mind when I think of it, let alone any other incidental fight.
drifting in the void
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM       
Ah, finally, the Mortal Kombat Demo is free for everyone.

Played it very briefly this morning and I really really like the simplicity of it. Not that many moves, Combos consist of 3 buttons max, easy to pull of specials and fatalities...mix that up with the three-stage-supermeter and you got yourself a really fun game it seems.

Day 1-purchase for sure.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM       
Bought Homefront. Taking it back for a refund.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 01:08 PM       
the mk demo is great it has the 2 character i will probably use the most lol mileena and sub zero

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 02:46 AM       
Homefront:
I had high hopes for Homefront. It had a lot of potential; the first thirty minutes had my blood pumping and ready to KICK ASS. However, it started to fall flat pretty quickly. The first thing I noticed was that you can only carry 90 spare rounds for SMGs and assault rifles. This isn't much ammo even before you take into account that enemies take more damage in general than in, say, Call of Duty. The weapons also don't have much weight behind them; none of them feel particularly powerful, and there's little difference from weapon to weapon. Also, when you throw grenades, you don't get any sense of the fuse like in CoD when your crosshair pulses, and the grenade magically leaves your hand before you even complete the throw.
The environments aren't much better. You spend less time in iconic American settings, like baseball fields and malls, than you do in random, bombed-out suburbs and unrecognizable holding areas.
As for the story: It starts off with you getting your apartment busted into, and you getting arrested, thrown down the stairs, and carted away in a bus. On the way, you see quite a few honestly touching horrors of war, which got me ready to kick some ass. The bus then gets hit by an SUV, which kills everyone inside but you. A resistance member takes you (the exact pilot they were looking for, conveniently.) to their hideout, and you begin a plan to steal three tankers of fuel and take them to the Army. This mission will take up about 2/3 of the four-hour gameplay, by the way.
The characters are all pretty much useless. None of them have any development, and I couldn't relate to any of them at all. I honestly wouldn't have been affected in any way if any of them ended up dying.
As for multiplayer, I can't say, because the SERVERS WOULDN'T WORK.
tl;dr Bad/short campaign, boring gameplay, bad characters, non-functioning multiplayer (for me).
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:24 AM       
I wasn't expecting much when the only part of the game getting any press was the implausible story.

Oh well. Another American persecution-themed game for Yahtzee to savage.

drifting in the void
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:16 AM       
I got Homefront too but only for the multiplayer.

I don´t know what exactly was going on in THQ´s heads when they marketed that game. They only advertise the Singleplayer Mode with the oh-so-great story. Advertisement for the online-modes? None as far as I can tell.

That wouldn´t be so much of a problem...it´s just...well, the Singleplayer is utter bullshit and the online stuff is pretty great. It´s just that no one knows about it :D

Seriously. I played online for about 2 or 3 hours yesterday. Yes, the servers don´t work well right now cause even THQ themselves didn´t see what kind of game they released there aparently.

Anyway, Ground War is a really fun mode. It´s basically Capture and Hold with three objectives and two rounds of play (the objectives are moved after the first round). While there don´t seem to be many weapons, those that are there seem to be pretty unique and each seems to have it´s specific use. There´s one attachment-slot which can take unlockable scopes, grenade launchers and so on. There´s camo for the weapons (useless of course), a special grenade Slot (for flashbangs of EMPs etc.).
Now it gets more interesting. Next up are the perks we all know and love though here they give you three points you can spend on 1, 2 and 3 point-perks so you can either have 3 weak ones or one powerful and so on.
Where Homefont gets unique is the Battlepoints. Apart from earning XP while playing, every action you do for your team nets you BP which you can spend on two kinds of things. First are the buy-slots of which you can assign two to each Equipment-Set. For example, the Assault-Set has a Flak Jacket and an RPG as it´s default setup. If at any point in the game you have 300BP (about 3 kills for example), you just press up on the D-Pad and voila, a Flak Jacket to make you more resistant to enemy fire. There´s many other things you can buy with BP. Drones (more on those in a bit), Ammo Refils, Airstrikes and, most importantly: Vehicles. From Humvees to Tanks and Choppers, if you have the neccessary BP you can just spawn in a Tank if you want. Gotta unlock them by leveling though.

Finally a quick word on Drones. There´s at least 4 kind of Drones in the game and they all make sense (A drone takes up a BP-Slot so choose wisely). Most Drones work by just pressing a button, spawning the thing in front of you and then taking direct control of it until it is destroyed or you are killed.
The basic Drone is the Robot-with-a-gun-Drone, it´s nice for taking a cautious approach when it comes to storming buildings or scouting out the battlefield ahead since dying is usually not that advantagous caus you have to run quite a distance to get back into the action most of the time. The next Drone is the...Parrot I think, it´s just one of those little flying hover-thingies. It´s unarmed but you can use it to scout from the air and mark targets and enemies for your allies which in turn nets you more BP so being a Scout can pay off too if your secondary BP-Slot holds an Airstrike for example. The third is some kind of Anti-Vehicle Drone but I haven´t played around with it yet.

Anyway, to wrap this up, the Online Modes really have potential. They´re fun, they feel less hectic than Modern Warfare, it kind of feels fair most of the time, the whole Dronestuff and BP-Concept is really nice, the verhicles add another layer of complexity since it can really be a problem if someone walzes through your defenses with a tank an no one has any countermeassures.

Good game, but only online.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:33 AM       
Another thing: FUCK. THE. FONT.
Seriously; since I just have a CTR tv, most games are hard to read on it already. I honestly had no idea what I was reading half the time, because they decided not to use a simple font, and instead this weird tiny one that requires the perfect resolution or you can't read a fucking thing on it and boy am I pissed
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM       
Here's a thought: Take the sixty bucks you're going to spend on the next new shiny game and put it towards a fucking serviceable television. I got a 42" LG number on Amazon for $400.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 12:40 PM       
I think you should have spent that $400 on some manners, because fuck you I had the same problem with Dead Rising and it really pissed me off.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 01:07 PM       
I played Dead Rising right up until the first boss, emptied all my ammunition into him, died, suddenly realized that I didn't care enough to make a second attempt, and was very glad that I never buy videogames unless I can get them dirt cheap
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM       
Which reminds me. Since I have a macbook now, and some money, I actually was figuring on buying a game for the first time in two years... any recommendations? I haven't really been paying attention, Diablo III won't be finished for a while, and I'm not going to buy one of the three pieces of Starcraft. What the hell other kinds of story-driven/rpgish games have been coming out these days?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I think you should have spent that $400 on some manners, because fuck you I had the same problem with Dead Rising and it really pissed me off.
That's funny coz I could read everything perfectly on my horrid CRT tele.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Which reminds me. Since I have a macbook now, and some money, I actually was figuring on buying a game for the first time in two years... any recommendations? I haven't really been paying attention, Diablo III won't be finished for a while, and I'm not going to buy one of the three pieces of Starcraft. What the hell other kinds of story-driven/rpgish games have been coming out these days?
I don't suppose you'd be interested in Team Fortress. Minecraft is nice, (if a little "in," if that's something that matters to you.) The Fallouts are okay. I like the Witcher, myself. But I dunno. Mount and Blade is aight. And you should try and play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I really dig it.
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM       
Do you have to pay for minecraft?
OH GOD
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM       
i'll second mount and blade although it's less storydriven. unless you're talking about Warband or Fire & Sword version/expansion, which i haven't played (is it worth spending $$$ on?)
drifting in the void
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 03:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Do you have to pay for minecraft?

For the beta, yes. The classic version is for free but itīs just an editor more or less.

But Minecraft is worth every $ if you ask me. I paid 10 bucks for it, Iīd pay 30 without hesitating too. BUT there should be some kind of demo. I KNOW how great Minecraft is but other people might be reluctant if they canīt at least try it. A timed demo would be the right thing I think. Lets you try the game for an hour before you have to pay or something like that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM       
It's fifteen Euros. Most definitely worth it.

And yeah, there's no real story to Mount and Blade, except there might be a little backstory behind your character that you get to pick. Most of it is randomly generated, I believe. You can become almost anything you want.

Or get captured and become a slave.

I was captured for slavery a lot because I wasn't too good at combat. But Willie's taken over towns, if I remember him right.
OH GOD
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM       
i wiped out an entire empire :sunglasses