Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:52 PM        Analysts share pork predictions for 2007.
While analysts have described the latest U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Hogs and Pigs Report as a bit of a yawner, the picture changes when you dig a little deeper.

“The period 2005-2006 was very profitable for pork producers,” says Ron Plain, a professor of agricultural economics at the University of Missouri. “However, history says we need to pile on some red ink before we cut back on farrowings.”

USDA’s numbers were close to pre-report expectations. The report pegged the U.S. inventory of all hogs and pigs on Dec. 1, 2006, at 62.1 million head, up 1 percent from the previous year but down 1 percent from Sept. 1, 2006. The breeding inventory, at 6.09 million head, was up 1 percent from last year and up slightly from the previous quarter.

In addition, U.S. hog producers intend to have 2.9 million sows farrow during the December 2006 to February 2007 quarter, up 2 percent from the actual farrowings during the same period in both 2006 and 2005.

But what about the question that’s on everyone’s mind—how much will rising corn prices impact pork producers in 2007?

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM       
ok I'm starting to think that you're a character and this is part of your genius plan of misleading and annoying people but

PHILOSOPHY FORUM

I know that people eat pork but this is about actual food and that article is clearly about the economics behind pork.

With that said!

Take one pork roast and boil in some type of stock(chicken broth for example) with peppers and onions, spices and herbs of your choosing :D until it is cooked through and just about ready to shred, remove and shred by hand with a knife
carnitas!
Afterwards you can roast it in the oven with some green enchilida sauce or something if you want

OR, just roast it without the broth in the oven but add a little oil

OR cook it in a pan with oil at the bottom.

personally the first way always shreds it alot better but the other ways are supposed to roast it better.

FOR HERBS AND SPICES I reccomend cumin, garlic and oregano!

You can save the stock for making soup with :D Just add potatoes, carrots, pasta/rice etc.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:13 AM       
Actually I didn't realize that. I just had an epiphany. But no I do not have an infatuation for pork. There was this website (www.pork4kids.org) that captivated me because I have a lot of free time and they associate with the National Pork Board, which I find silly, also because I have a lot of free time.

TAKE A BIG PIECE OF PORK AND SLICE IT AND MARINATE IT IN BARBECUE SAUCE AND THEN PUT MORE BARBECUE SAUCE ON IT AND HEAP THE GIANT MOUNTAIN OR PORK ONTO A BIG PIECE OF TEXAS TOAST.

To die for. Seriously guys.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM       
I like to cut relatively thin slices of pork, marinada them in Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce then bbq and brush while they're on the grill until they have a slightly crunchy bbq outside :D
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM       
Pork is awesome, no matter what you do it tastes delicious. Unless you fail and dry it out, of course.
BANNED

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 04:24 PM       
Quite true!
Sometimes we make a roast by pouring cream of mushroom soup all over it and letting it cook all day. we also put potatoes and carrots in with it.
BANNED

Old Jan 11th, 2007, 01:27 PM       
I'm making carnitas tonight :D
BANNED

Old Jan 14th, 2007, 01:26 AM       
they were delicous I bought a 4.50 cent pig shoulder roast at Vons and braised it with garlic, onions, jalepeno peppers, beef broth, cumin and oregano. This made it pretty spicy, delicous and it fell apart and shredded easily. Then I shredded it nicely and put it in a pan with which I also put some more jalepeno peppers and then I roasted it for 20 minutes with enough juice to keep it a bit moist and cook into it better.
I also saved the juice so I could make more beans with it ;d

I think it'd be interesting to try either roasting it the whole time or to try frying it.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I'm making carnitas tonight :D
I went to this little Mexican community and stopped in one of their convenience stores/cooked food and got the pork taco. Taco Bell and every other franchise does not make their burritos properly. This thing was dry, hot and very spicy, and the most delicious taco I have ever had. The only moisture from the poor sizzling tomatoes.

Seriously, they just grabbed a ham, chopped it up and let it grill. They don't fuck around. Also, the take grilled chicken off the bone and make a taco for that. Jersey doesn't fuck around.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DehydratedPorkMan
Taco Bell and every other franchise does not make their burritos properly.
DUR-hey.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 08:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DehydratedPorkMan
Taco Bell and every other franchise does not make their burritos properly.
DUR-hey.

BANNED

Old Jan 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM       
the beans turned out delicous tonight.. :D

Tomorrow!!!!!!! BBQ CHICKEN and maybe ribs