Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 03:51 AM        My Crazy Dad!
The first in what I INTEND to be a series. Based on a real guy, and what I'd imagine him to be like if he owned a truck and had a son. A couple of things in this are lifted directly from real life things he has said to me.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 04:21 PM       
fantastic hahah i love your cameo in thsi
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM       
That was brilliant!

It was really different from your usuall style of humor. Was this based off anything?
Mocker
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:53 AM       
Thank you rongi!

This is based on a dude that comes to the theater all the time. He sees every movie, and then walks out and dials 911 and leaves. Specifically, the Luke Skywalker line, the Debbie Harry/Madonna line, and screaming SHIT because I asked for 25 more cents were completely real things that he has said to me in real life. Everything else I made up.
Mocker
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:54 AM       
whoops forgot to thank willie! WILLIE you should have asked me a question to answer! I would have thanked you easier!

haha just joshin thanks a lot willie you're a real pal!
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 05:29 AM       
I actually laughed out loud a few times, that was great!

The best part was when he rolled down the window and called the church a cock sucker

The movie was awesome too

I hope you make a book of these
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM       
i like how he drives a toyota truck

the king of all trucks

the man has taste
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM       
I loved this, Jixby. "Catch you two lovebirds later" and "SHIT!" after seeing Jesus cracked me up. Keep it up!

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM       
Jixby, this was awesome.
Mocker
Old Jul 24th, 2007, 09:10 PM       
Thanks fellas!

I would say thank you better but I am about to split on a road trip, woah! See you two lovebirds later haha
Mocker
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM       
I'm back!

lets try this again

[font size=7]THANK YOU[/font]
Mocker
Old Jul 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM       
Great!

I DID A GREAT JOB
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM       
it wasn't that great
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 03:04 AM       
I loved that. That luke skywalker thing was gold. And the dog having human eyes, where did that come from?
Mocker
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 05:23 AM       
Dog having human eyes was a thought I had when I saw a giant movie display for the SHAGGY DOG remake.

I thought, "THAT DOG HAS HUMAN EYES." and then I thought "IT HAS TIM ALLEN'S EYES" and then I grunted. It was great.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 11:32 PM       
what about ralph nig letter g er?
Mocker
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 04:49 AM       
This guy is basically so scrambled he has no concept of chronology; he'd usually ask us if we were playing movies that have long since been out of theaters. Hostel, Psycho, Platoon, and Star Wars have all been requested by him. So I figure that probably extends into current events and he still holds onto his grudge with Ralph Nader for making seat belts mandatory in cars.

When I wrote that part, I for some reason thought of another incident that happened with some other batshit crazy people who used to come in. They were a husband/wife team of heroin addicts from new york, and they were both anciently old. Dealing with them was always a nightmare because the husband would do all the talking, and he had a habit of just dropping out of reality and just staring at you for about a minute before answering or doing anything. One slow weekday night I was working concession and I asked if he wanted butter on his popcorn. He took an abnormally long time to answer, even for him, which was fine because they were the only customers I had at this red-hot moment, and his wife suddenly got really upset, as if she'd been needled into getting ridiculously angry, and she shouted, way too loud and almost border-line crying, "WELL, ARE YOU GONNA ANSWER THE MAN OR SHOULD I JUST GET ON THE FLOOR AND JUST N1GGER MYSELF RIGHT HERE??"

30 seconds after his wife yelled at him, he answered my question. They sat on a bench in the lobby for 45 minutes for no reason, and went into their movie way late. About a half hour after that, he came back and asked for a receipt, which I couldn't get him because it had been well over an hour since I served him.

So yeah, Ralph Nader and the N-word were both on my mind! It seemed like a match made in heaven.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 02:53 PM       
Make some more, dammit
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM       
these remind me of my girlfriend's dad if he was actually insane instead of just angry!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM       
this is probably the best thing I've seen in months
Your Doing It Wrong
EndersGame is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:50 PM       
Hmm, I would try and clean up the dialogue a bit, its choppy and it seems a little forced. Understanding of course that he's hopelessly insane, he still needs to make sense to himself. Otherwise a decent read.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:24 AM       
Well I found it a classy read!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:42 AM       
Haha also "crystal meth and hangin' brain"

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:30 AM       
This is awesome
Mocker
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:25 AM       
Thanks everyone! I started drawing a lot this summer to impress girls at work more or less, and I'm glad it actually lead to me making a comic like this. I seriously haven't drawn a lengthy comic adventure like this since grade 6, but they were awful and always about beavis-and-butt-head-esque SLACKER DUDE types, because in 6th grade I was obsessed with a fantasy that I was a member of generation X

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersGame View Post
Hmm, I would try and clean up the dialogue a bit, its choppy and it seems a little forced. Understanding of course that he's hopelessly insane, he still needs to make sense to himself. Otherwise a decent read.
I appreciate your taking the time to give me constructive criticism, but I should say that the dialogue is completely accurate when you compare it to the real guy this is based on. I know that that might not make it any better for the vast majority of people who read this comic and never met him, but it makes it better for me, and I'm really the person I care about most.