Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 06:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Also, Nintendo spent months designing the plastic wheel to Mario Kart Wii to get the weight just right. They're super obsessive about that shit.
What? They actually spent time designing that useless piece of plastic? You know how I play Mario Kart? With the classic controller. As one should
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
What? They actually spent time designing that useless piece of plastic? You know how I play Mario Kart? With the classic controller. As one should
if you're some kinda fag with something to prove

my first console had one button and a flight stick, yet i don't get all gay for retro controllers. follow my example, deutschbag.
drifting in the void
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
if you're some kinda fag with something to prove

my first console had one button and a flight stick, yet i don't get all gay for retro controllers. follow my example, deutschbag.
Rather creative use of my nationality, Iīll give you that. Still, "Normal" Controllers arenīt retro, they are the tried and true way of playing Videogames. Apart from railshooters and the odd game that uses a pointer, thereīs no reason to replace them with Kinect or Move or Wii-waggling yet. Why? Because itīs not an improvement. Controller-design seems to have peaked with the 360-controller though that thing is still far from perfect, itīs about the best controller we have right now in terms of usability and haptics.

Just so that weīre clear, I do own a Wii and I play with the Wiimote if the game wonīt let me play it with the CC, BUT in most cases the Wiimote is a gimmick and not the optimal way to control most games, apart from some that are specifically tailored towards the Wiimote. Most games arenīt. Even Mario Galaxy (which is an awesome game btw) could be played more effectively with the CC and Nintendo knew that. Which is why they implemented the star-shooting feature.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM       
The classic controller isn't really retro, though, it's basically the Xbox/PlayStation layout.

Which every controller should adhere to by law, because it works perfectly well 100% of the time.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM       
Except on FPSs, at which point you go to keyboard + mouse. When are devs just doing to add K&B support for their console titles? PCs added controller support without too much trouble.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 02:46 PM       
I thought the PS3 did something like that already?

Only for like 5 games, I mean, but it would be cool if they made it universal.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM       
the best combo i've found thus far is g13+mouse. the only game in my entire library that supports the analog features of the g13 is star trek online, however. for some reason, the source engine will let you map an analog controller to digital buttons but will still treat it as digital input, which is the queerest shit.
was never good
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The classic controller isn't really retro, though, it's basically the Xbox/PlayStation layout.

Which every controller should adhere to by law, because it works perfectly well 100% of the time.
not really; i find having the analog sticks at the bottom of the controller annoying because i always accidentally hit them. for games that don't use the digital pad, you're then holding the controller at a stupid angle to use the sticks.

360 probably has the best traditional console controller. my point to whats-his-fuck though is that in gaming's past, the controller would be developed in tandem with a game. now, software is designed long after the controller comes out and has to awkwardly conform to it. part of what i liked about the wii's promise was a return to the "retro" ideology of an industry that sells experiences instead of software (what happened in actuality is that faggots couldn't deal and were so nestled in their gamepad niche that they just mapped gamepad controls and tacked on waggle, probably because nintendo made them make a concession).
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM       
Quote:

More like SNES controller but with two extra triggers and two joysticks...which would be the PS1 controller...BUT IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHUT UP

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM       
that's why I said basically

I don't think console similarity is in any way a bad thing; that way I care less about which console I get and more about the actual games for a change

Unfortunately there haven't been any good video games since goddamn 2007 for some reason
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM       
Portal 2. Uncharted 2. Arkham Asylum. Mass Effect 2. Super Street Fighter 4. Super Mario Galaxy 2. Punch Out Wii. Left 4 Dead. World of Goo. Super Meatboy. Mario and Luigi 3. The Professor Layton series. Valkyria Chronicles. Fallout 3.

To name a few

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:20 PM       
I could go through and cherry pick things to complain about, but I'll just say "ok there have been like 5, shut up"
drifting in the void
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 04:06 AM       
Quote:
I don't think console similarity is in any way a bad thing; that way I care less about which console I get and more about the actual games for a change
Thatīs the only question in my mind when it comes to videogames. I didnīt buy a PS3 because I wanted a PS3, I bought it because I wanted to play InFamous
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM       
THERES BEEN RESIDENT EVIL 5
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM       
Quote:
Unfortunately there haven't been any good video games since goddamn 2007 for some reason
This probably has more to do with your age than anything else. You're not a child anymore so games just don't ignite your imagination like they used to. At least that's how it is for me.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM       
Yeah, that's what I keep thinking, but the brownangray cavalcade of grimdark space and/or regular marines probably isn't helping.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 06:39 PM       
This thread is about 65 to 75 percent Guitar Woman.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM       
Oh yeah? Well your face is about 60 to 75 percent UGLY
pickled
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM       
Are you trying to hit on me?
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM       
What is the best looking video game console? In my opinion it's the Gamecube. I like how it's compact and yet unlike the wii feels totally solid. Also violet was a bold color choice, consoles are usually either white or black.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 11:03 PM       
I like the way the front of the N64 is shaped. It's like some kind of pagan shrine.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
What is the best looking video game console? In my opinion it's the Gamecube.
Strangely, I have to agree with this.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
What is the best looking video game console? In my opinion it's the Gamecube.

fuckers

Shit looks ready to start walking around your living room

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
was never good
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:01 AM       
best-looking? my vote is for the PSX

runner-up is the small PSone

pickled
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 02:09 PM       
Is that a phone? Do you play it with a phone?