Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forum Virgin
laserface is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM        Not For Mass Consumption Films
Hello everyone. This is my first post, so I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. For the past few months (coincidentally, that's about how long it took to find an e-mail website that accepted I-Mockery's confirmation e-mail), I have been making movies on youtube. Basically, what I have done is, I would get an idea, find my little brother, get my crappy Vivitar video camera, and shoot a short with absolutely no script whatsoever. So far, the only people I've been able to show these to are close friends, and I could pretty much make a 30-minute film about a Scandinavian midget who doesn't care for hamburgers and they'd call me an avant-garde fucking genius, so I'm really not too sure if my movies are actually funny or not. So I want you all to help me. I'll put links up to the 3 movies that I think are the best I've done (some of the bad ones are the result of a completely ridiculous misjudgement on my part that I could make a movie a day to coincide with Two Months of Halloween.) So here they are:

The Attack of The Killer Twig:

Buford Plays the Trombone:

and
The Unholy Assassination of the Plaid-Wearing Ninja Master!!

Enjoy the movies, and if you thought they were good, just plain sucked, or were somewhere in between, leave a post telling me what you thought of them. I promise I won't get offended!

Last edited by Mockery : Sep 19th, 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Gotta learn to use the youtube forum embed code :P
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
Attack of the Killer Twig was amusing. I give it 2.5/5.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM       
Since you're obviously not a spambot you won't get banned, but shilling your shit in the first post is frowned upon here on CoolKidsBoard.com

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM       
Oh, crap, I'm sorry. I just assumed the rules were just things like "Don't post photos of walruses getting rimmed" or something really obvious like that. I apologize. By the way, thanks for the feedback in such short time. I'm kinda shocked someone else who I've never even met before thinks something I made in about an hour is moderately entertaining. I just assumed my close friends and family were just lying to me because they thought that if they said anything negative, I would completely fucking snap (because, and this is probably no surprise to any of you, I have little to no social skills).
Anyway, thanks for not executing me at gunpoint for my fuck-up.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 09:00 PM       
Critical feedback is what I'm good at, so I'll do eet. Your cuts need to be tighter, for the most part. That's going to make the shots feel much more energetic. When it comes to film, every quarter-second counts. Also, you could do away with your title cards altogether. If ya wanted to write a short story, do that. But this is the silver screen! But if you're going for a silent movie feel, you could probably go a bit further with it.

This is just going off of the Attack of the Killer Twig, btw.
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
Thank you so much. I'll be sure to do all of that, and a little bit more =).
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM       
I just embedded the videos here in the thread. For future reference, you're more likely to get feedback from people here if you learn to use the youtube embed code rather than making them leave the site to view one of your videos.

To embed youtube videos, you just put the youtube code around the video id number (NOT the full URL). So, for example, to embed your first video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQmQdUU8ByM , you would put in the following:

HTML Code:
[youtube]MQmQdUU8ByM[/youtube]
Anyway, glad to see Buford learned to play a mean trombone.
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 09:25 PM       
Thanks Rog! =)
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM       
didn't care for 'em.
I probbly just don't "get it"
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 11:29 PM       
So the horribly harsh lighting, cliched music choices, and ridiculous overacting didn't have anything to do with your dislike for them? You know what? I'm flattered! =)
Forum Virgin
Old Oct 3rd, 2010, 01:15 PM       
It just occurred to me that, in linking my best videos, I completely neglected one that, in keeping with the Two Months of Halloween, is a bit more relevant than my other stuff. here it is: