Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 03:01 PM        Potatoes
ARENT THEY ABSOLUTELY AMAZING? ONE potato contains up to and possibly beyond 45% of daily vitamin c! And it ain't so shabby with the other vitamins. Don't forget the protein and dietary fiber, either.

So here's a delicous potato breakfast recipe that takes a bit long(20 minutes maybe) but turns out delicous!

Get potatos. Boil Water. Put potatos in water, boil for like ten minutes until they are a little bit tender. Take them out and let them cool. Find a cheese grater, grate.
Turn on stove, pull out frying pan, put lots of butter and some garlic in frying pan. Fry grated potatoes in butter.

So good
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 03:17 PM       
I'd suggest to add some salt to the water you are using to boil the potatoes, tastes awesome!
Pink is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 03:23 PM       
hash browns
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 05:04 PM       
Sometimes I just microwave a potatoe and eat it with hot sauce.

Alive is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 05:08 PM       
You have taken this fine dietary anomoly of nature and perversed it into your megalomaniac western civilised manner, bringing it down to the equivalent of nothing more than 8 a.m. big mac, witch sounds OKdokey by me.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 06:23 PM       
bake that shit with butter & salt and add a steak to the side of your potato

and a strawberry soda
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM       
Oh yea seriously add seasoning at will I usually use a little bit of salt, pepper, garlic and oregano.

Also for the MCd's comment it still preserves the goodness of the potato because it uses real, fresh potatoes. Butter really isn't that bad for you.

Seriously guys this isn't like cheap frozen hashbrowns they are like really good restaurant quality. Trust me guys I know food I eat everyday.
They fry up in the butter as like a huge browned hashbrown clump all stuck together but on the inside is soft buttery potatoe goodness I reccomend it wholeheartadly.

Last night I had mashed potatoes and potatoes i baked with a roast with carrots and pork roast, then I made gravy out of the drippings Which is kind of bad but all the nutrients from the carrots and potatoes get into it and add a bit of nutrition.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 01:47 AM       
ah now to the pot roast & mashed potatoes subject! mmm

this truley is a thread most delicious, yes
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 11:15 AM       
Hungry
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 11:21 AM       
Potatoes are one third of my entire diet. I'm starving.
BANNED

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 04:02 PM       
juttin buy some potatoes they are like three bucks for a ten pound bag that will last you forever. PS potatoes smell like crystal DMT when they rot.

new recipe although not so much potatoey:

goto an asian section in a grocery store, preferably one with a good asian section and find thai curry paste (usually they have directions on them but following is the way i do it) try to get yellow or red. Also buy two cans of coconut milk(depending on how much food you want) and some chicken. Buy potatoes and carrots, or potatoes and eggplant (cut everything except the paste and coconut milk into bite-sized pieces). stir fry curry paste then add chicken and vegetables, then pour in the coconut milk and simmer until everything (especially the chicken) is tender. Usually with pastes you use something like a quarter the weight in paste as you do in chicken, so like 50 grams of paste for 200 grams of chicken, and one can of coconut milk. I usually make two cans worth which makes about a a pound of chicken. The only thing that really matters is the paste to milk ratio, though, too much paste will taste like shit.

thai curry chicken, tastes the same or better than restaurants.

you can also make your own pastes but it requires alot of spices and stuff but if you need a paste recipe let me know.
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 11:28 PM       
I was looking through my cupboards today,
and I saw some potatoes. I remembered this thread suddenly.
Then, I got an idea to make French Fries.
So, I cut up some potatoes, poured some vegetable oil into a pan,
and made french fries. And they were tasty. With Heinz Ketchup.
BANNED

Old Oct 1st, 2006, 03:13 AM       
yea juttin that's the way to go how much vegetable oil did you use if you slightly deep fry them they turn out better don't forget the salt.
Another thing you could try doing is soaking them in water before you cook them it helps to take the starch out. After that fry them twice par-fry if you will in batches if necessary. Basically fry them for like four minutes, take them off and let them drip on some papertowels then throw them back in keep it nice and hot. Do it kind of hot the first time and hotter the second time. They should come out crispy and brown with soft insides.

You know I know zuchini isn't really a potato or anything but fried zuchini is delicous I bought a bunch ill post a recipe later.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
Potatoes are one third of my entire diet. I'm starving.
I hear you on that.
BANNED

Old Oct 5th, 2006, 12:09 AM       
mine too they are the cheapest thing you can get that you know will taste "good".

Speaking of which i was thinking of starting a topic on how to pick out fruit and vegetables but I only know how to pick out a few.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 12:17 AM       
I fuckin' love potato salad. Anytime i'm attending some sort of family gathering, picnic, etc. I make sure to eat at least half a plate full of it.
BANNED

Old Oct 5th, 2006, 12:25 AM       
How do you guys feel about samosas? If you don't know what they are, go to an indian restaurant and order some. They are sort of like eggrolls in that they are a standard appetizer with crispy skins
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 09:03 AM       
I love samosas. I can eat an entire plate in minutes if I'm not careful.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM       
If the skin is so good why does it taste like dirt?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM       
because you don't scrub it off first

edit: alternate answer: becasue things that are good for you taste bad
BANNED

Old Oct 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM       
i didn't mean crispy potatoe skins i meant crispy pastry wrap type thing.

I have a couple of recipes for samosas but it isn't proportioned right and they have you add way too much anise. It's like eatting liquorish. I'm going to make some soon but with very little anise.