Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM       
Oxblood, that sounds like a major time sink. How do you get things done and play it?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM       
I wish I had time to play video games. I can get maybe an hour in per week, and only if it's a good week

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Oxblood, that sounds like a major time sink. How do you get things done and play it?
What do you mean, how I can sink so much time in Videogames in general? Or specifically this game?
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:01 PM       
Just played Sonic 4. It's kinda like New Super Mario Bros.:

-Graphics are prerendered and cheap looking.
-Music is awful (but unlike New Mario, Sonic 4's music is nothing but midis from Jeffery's First Geocities Site!)
-99% of it is rehashed from the older games, except not quite as fun

Oh, and the final boss is a randomly huge spike in difficulty. I had to fight it about 8 times, listening to the same 10 second midi loop (I counted) every time. Lots of stuff off screen killed me too, and a lot of the time I was just left thinking "That's not fair in the slightest." The homing attack was unnecessary; I can aim my jumps, Sega.

It's not as bad as Unleashed or Sonic '06, but that's really nothing to be commended for. That's like commending a grown man for going a whole day without shitting himself.

I dunno how much it is (pirated it on WiiWare) but it's $10 on iPhone, and that's a ripoff for 12 levels and 5 bosses.

Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:22 PM       
Just went through Splatterhouse one and two and now moving on to three. Simply because of the time of the year.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I kick ass and take names in Bounty Hunter and Slicycles.
BULLSHIT, I KILLED YOU AT SLICYCLES.

AND BEING THE MOOSE ON THE LOOSE.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM       
Sure, that's why I came out on top in two of the three games.
has a woody
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM       
The new Scribblenauts game is pretty fun. Fixes a lot of problems with the first game (controls, physics) and the adjectives are really fun to fuck around with. My friend said he made a Pregnant Baby, which more or less makes the game awesome. It's basically everything the first should have been, and anyone who was a little bummed by the first game should try this out.

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I hope you're talking about the NBA Jam from the early 90s, fuck yeah
The best multiplayer.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM       
We have an old school NBA Jam tourney on the SNES at least once a year at my friends house.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
What do you mean, how I can sink so much time in Videogames in general? Or specifically this game?
Just that one, it sounds like a giant grind.

I just beat Splatterhouse 2 the other day, that game is brutal. I can't wait for the new one.
has a woody
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 02:44 AM       
Okay I just typed in "Smart Phone" in Super Scribblenauts and it gave me a phone with a graduation cap. I don't know if I got punked or not but I fucking busted my ass laughing.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:02 AM       
That's hysterical
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:34 AM       
To be 577th in the world out of 7440? I'll take that.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:55 AM       
Quote:
Just that one, it sounds like a giant grind.

I just beat Splatterhouse 2 the other day, that game is brutal. I can't wait for the new one.
Oh okay. Thereīs not that much of a grind in the first half, levels alone donīt do much for you, all they do is increase your stats slightly, itīs mostly about equipment and classes which you get by story-progression. You donīt die because youīre too weak in the first part, you die because you didnīt bring the proper stuff along that you couldīve bought in the city before.

By the way, there are relatively simple ways to get the two things that you need which are Gil and Gems.
For Gil thereīs a minigame in one of the towns, you open up your own shop and sell your stuff at insane prices to the sheepish hipsters in town
And Gems...well, thatīs what the Merchant class is for. You get more gems as loot simply by having a merchant with you and each merchant can find two more Gems per battle via Skills.
You can even exploit Bosses for Diamonds (they donīt drop elsewhere) by having a classless Character or a special accessory with you. Just dig up the goods in battle with Merchants, die, donīt lose your Gems and repeat as desired. Diamonds are needed to level up classes to their maximum level so they do come in handy.

And I love Splatterhouse. I so wanted to play that game as a kid (of course, considering where I live you can imagine it didnīt happen). Played it years later thanks to the glorious invention that is emulators but itīs not the same if you havenīt played it back in the day...still, a fun and pretty hard gameseries.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM       
I'm ranked 86th IN THE WORLD in the Asia Pacific Starcraft servers. Gold league. That's almost the best league, too.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Oh okay. Thereīs not that much of a grind in the first half, levels alone donīt do much for you, all they do is increase your stats slightly, itīs mostly about equipment and classes which you get by story-progression. You donīt die because youīre too weak in the first part, you die because you didnīt bring the proper stuff along that you couldīve bought in the city before.

By the way, there are relatively simple ways to get the two things that you need which are Gil and Gems.
For Gil thereīs a minigame in one of the towns, you open up your own shop and sell your stuff at insane prices to the sheepish hipsters in town
And Gems...well, thatīs what the Merchant class is for. You get more gems as loot simply by having a merchant with you and each merchant can find two more Gems per battle via Skills.
You can even exploit Bosses for Diamonds (they donīt drop elsewhere) by having a classless Character or a special accessory with you. Just dig up the goods in battle with Merchants, die, donīt lose your Gems and repeat as desired. Diamonds are needed to level up classes to their maximum level so they do come in handy.

And I love Splatterhouse. I so wanted to play that game as a kid (of course, considering where I live you can imagine it didnīt happen). Played it years later thanks to the glorious invention that is emulators but itīs not the same if you havenīt played it back in the day...still, a fun and pretty hard gameseries.
That sounds way too complicated for me lol.

I've been replaying Resident Evil 0 and I forgot how much I loved the old RE series. Why did 5 have to ruin everything?
drifting in the void
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM       
What are you talking about, there is no Resident Evil 5. Or 4 for that matter but I suppose you mean Chris Redfield´s Boulderpunch 2009 I loved that the older Resis are so short. That is one series of games where being short actually was a GOOD thing. Gotta play 2 again on the PSP...still gotta do the B-Plot

4Hol is not as complicated as it sounds, the whole fighting is very intuitive but I wouldn´t recommend the game to younger audiences as its looks are decieving. Looks a bit kiddy but plays way oldschool. BUT it´s really a lot of fun. Give the rom a whirl I´d say
Though as I said, the beginning really isn´t well designed.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
I've been replaying Resident Evil 0 and I forgot how much I loved the old RE series. Why did 5 have to ruin everything?
um 0 was the one that ruined everything. that game was ridiculously bad. HEY LETS ADD A POINTLESS GAME MECHANIC AND MAKE MOST OF THE GAME FIGHTING SLIMES INSTEAD OF ZOMBIES, PLUS HEY LOOK IT'S NOT SCARY OR ATMOSPHERIC AT ALL ISNT THAT GREAT
drifting in the void
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM       
Nah, 4 was the one that ruined the classic Resident Evil concept, Zero was just a bland episode...(as was Code Veronica, but pssst...you didn´t hear that )
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM       
I loved 4 (even though it was different). I actually liked 0, purely because it was needlessly difficult at times, like when you have to fight a Tyrant by yourself as Rebecca. The only RE that was truly bad was Survivor on the PS1. It was fucking unplayable. RE5 is godly compared to that miserable piece of shit.
has a woody
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 09:32 PM       
RE4 was great. My first RE game. Scared me pretty good a few times.

BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW.
KIRBY'S
EPIC
YARN

"THE GRASS FEELS LIKE PANTS," HE SAYS.
GAME OF THE FUCKING YEAR. HOLY POOP IT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER. AND REALLY FUN. KINDA EASY BUT HOLY CRAP. EVEN THE MUSIC IS CUTE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdE1AVqdac

I GIVE THIS GAME 12 SMILES OUT OF 10.

Oh, and I beat Sonic 4. Meh. Everything about it was mediocre but the music, which was so horrible that they're using Michael Jackson's spinning corpse to drill for oil.

drifting in the void
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 02:31 AM       
Resident Evil 4 IS very, very good, no doubt about that, but it has nothing to do with Resident Evil anymore, that´s what I was getting at

Still farming Gems like stupid in 4wol just because I want to get some classes to max. Also remembered that I can upgrade weapons and armor and it really helps a lot, at least in normal battles.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 03:16 AM       
Got back into Gears 2, since it was released on Games on Demand. I climbed to the top of Horde on some Snowblind map, beating scores of people 80 or 90 levels above me.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 08:30 AM       
Sonic 4 was incredibly disappointing, purely because of the running and jumping physics. You can WALK up walls for Christ's sake. Who the fuck was drinking in the programming department?