Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 06:45 PM       
bigtime, the thing you describe is the 'second reading' effect. It's called that, because it occurs after the first reading. Both terms exist to underline the fact that books can be written with first and second reading benefits in mind. Literarly devices as flashbacks and foreshadowing are there so they can be appreciated bilaterally. So

Quote:
so you know what's gonna happen, who cares, now as you read things will make more sense rather than leaving you out in the clouds.
This isn't very smart to force on people.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 06:53 PM       
Things will MAKE MORE SENSE? Dude, this isn't a Cronenberg film. This is Harry Potter. It's a childrens' series. It's not like I'm gonna be confused and trash my place shouting "WHY ISN'T EVERYTHING COMPLETELY CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING? WHAT IS THIS SUSPENSE DEAL, IT'S HURTING MY HEAD! I AM, AS BIGTIMECOW ON THE INTERNET WOULD SAY, IN THE CLOUDS!"

Buildup and suspense is what gives a story momentum and drive. What you're doing is taking that away from people at random and without second thought. No, everyone on this forum hasn't read this thread, and everyone isn't interested in Harry Potter. But guess what, I am, and so are Esu and Willie. And maybe Sadie and Jin, I don't know. And since this, or that other dumb thread of yours, isn't called 'Harry Potter spoilers', you're just being a cunt if you actually post spoilers in it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 07:22 PM       
Bigtimecow has been banned for at least one week for the offense of being debilitatingly queer.

imported_Hollycaust is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:17 AM       
that one seizureistic avatar is hot
My goal in life is to be a trophy wife of some multi-millionaire. Im dead serious about this. I will never have a real career as far as im concerned, because like, why? Women are supposed to stay at home and do all the housewifey shit while the man brings home the bread and butter, all you self righteous feminist dykes need to stop trying to start a revolution of pms'ing CEO's cuz I tell you what right now, its making the rest of us look bad.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 01:22 AM       
haha fuck you faggot
hix1122 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 01:09 PM       
You should have rubbed his nose in it.

French Guy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:49 AM       
I am pissed Bigtimecow. I was on page 302 in when I read this forum and it spoiled the big surpise damnit.
Now you shall be cast to the deepest pit in hell for spoiling it for me.