Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
It's the same. Any game that uses GFWL that is sold on Steam has both the GFWL and the Steam overlay.

Two overlays.
I have the retail version, though. Straight GFWL.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM       
Can't everyone just agree that Steam's good enough to be ubiquitous, and have every PC game ever be integrated with it?

Especially Blizzard. I hate hate hate battle.net.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM       
It's a tough call on GFWL. On the one hand, I like being able to play PC games and earn cheevos tied to my XBLA account. On the other hand, I like my PC games to work.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:24 PM       
It's never bothered me any. Really, as much as Steam has bothered me, which is never. But maybe I put up with a lot without knowing.
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM       
Some guy on a forum claimed that Steam made his computer run less great, but I haven't noticed anything like that with mine.

Mt only real issue with Steam, apart from not giving you extra copies of games when you get them again through package deals, is what happens when they decide to move on to the next big thing. There's no sign of this happening anytime in the foreseeable future, but I do wonder what will happen with all these download-only games once the company stops providing hosting space.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 12:59 AM       
The same can be said of any downloadable game, really. And it does suck. The only thing I could say is to copy all of the game data and eventually someone'll work up a patch if Steam doesn't exist anymore.

It's like that for a lot of old games, too. People'll figure it out if that happens.
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:01 AM       
Oh yeah, I don't mean I'm only worried about it with Steam. I do wonder what will happen with consoles, though. I'm guessing the end result in that case will be having to mod your console and pirating the discontinued games.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:02 AM       
Or they'll just be emulated on the supercomputers of the future.
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:29 AM       
Foo on optimism.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 02:01 AM       
Man cannot exceed speeds of thirty miles an hour, or surely he will perish!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 02:30 AM       
Steam can only be as awesome as it's CEO's are awesome. If they took on every PC game, they would only expand their man power as far as they can stretch a dollar. This is why they have already let a small percentage down. They, like any company, can't handle the whole world.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM       
Some of you proabably already know, but I just found out! Metal Gear, Zone of Enders, and Silent Hill HD collections announced!

http://www.destructoid.com/metal-gea...d-202710.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/silent-hi...d-202713.phtml
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 07:16 AM       
I am excited. So fucking stooooooooked. Especially the ZoE stuff. And I'll finally have a chance to play Peacewalker - yayayayayayayay
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM       
Peace Walker is so fucking good. I was totally hooked on it when it came out, and Konami needed to recoup losses because they used as many people to make it as MGS4, but forgot no one buys PSP games.

Also, Kinect is fucking ruining E3 for me so far. Microsoft's conference was shit, and Kinect snuck into EA's and Ubisoft's conferences as well. I don't need Kinect in Mass Effect 3. Cut it out. Microsoft pulled a full-on "2008 Nintendo" this year with the only two not-awful games being Halo HD Remix and Halo 4 (do people even care about Halo anymore? I thought that's what Gears of War and Call of Duty were for...)

I'm pulling for Nintendo and Sony this year, but Sony has a FIVE HOUR PRESENTATION WHAT

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 11:30 PM       
I stopped caring about Halo after 2, GoW after the first, and CoD after Word at War.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM       
I eventually warmed up to the Wiimote and nunchuk fucked-up controller scheme of the Wii, but I didn't think it was that good. But I really really don't like this new hot mess, myself.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the weight, coz the thing looks heavy, but I'm sure they'll work wizardry or something for it. It still looks ungainly.

It reminds me of a Sega Pico and VMU smashed together.

But yeah, it'll sell or something.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 09:49 PM       
It's like nintendo said "Remember when everyone complained that the original xbox controllers were big? Well get a load of this!". It's just too big and bulky looking. I haven't personally handled it but it doesn't look like something I would want to be holding for hours on end. Plus the screen, although having a dimmer, will be bright and distracting in a dark room when I'm playing a game. And I don't like the idea of breaking immersion by looking down at my hands every few minutes. I hate how everything is changing now... kinect, move, wii, wii u... they're ruining my games! I just want a regular controller and tv with some pretty things to look at on it.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 05:11 AM       
That whole giant Screenthing makes no real sense to me. I know they love to shove the menus on these things but it not necessary at all. You have to look away from the action on the screen when looking at your controler, same thing happens when you just open a menu on the TV so that´s completely useless.

Apart from the fact that that thing is gigantic and looks totally uncomfortable to hold. The funny thing is, in that strange Propaganda Interview between Iwata and Miyamoto, Iwata asks "so it´s kind of like a classic controller with a screen?" and that´s EXACTLY what it is. It just makes no sense. Sure, you can make games tailored for something like that, but those will feel as forced and wrong as the whole whaggle-stuff they did with the Wii.
Best example for me: Monster Hunter. Sure, you can play it with the Remote and Nunchuck but who in their right mind wants to do that when you can just grab a controller? Works perfectly fine, as it has for the last 20 years.

I don´t get it. Gimmicky and useless. AND expensive to replace once your tablet-controllerthing breaks which it will after a few years I guess.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM       
I want to see the price for the controller. Cuz if you got a friend who wants to play.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 11:03 AM       
It's only one controller per console that can be connected. Otherwise, it's all Wiimotes.

Stupid.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 12:52 PM       
The Wii U controller doesn't seem that new to me. They just combined a couple of features from Sony's stuff, namely a gyroscopic controller and a handheld with Video Out.

I think the controller will be written off as a gimmick, but I'm anxious to see whether the new console will be enough to entice more 3rd-party development. Real 3rd-party development, not endless sequels to "Carnival Games".

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I eventually warmed up to the Wiimote and nunchuk fucked-up controller scheme of the Wii, but I didn't think it was that good. But I really really don't like this new hot mess, myself.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the weight, coz the thing looks heavy, but I'm sure they'll work wizardry or something for it. It still looks ungainly.

It reminds me of a Sega Pico and VMU smashed together.

But yeah, it'll sell or something.
I've seen videos of people holding it. It's actually a lot smaller than it appears in photos. Smaller than an iPad, for sure. Also, Nintendo spent months designing the plastic wheel to Mario Kart Wii to get the weight just right. They're super obsessive about that shit.

Quote:
It's only one controller per console that can be connected. Otherwise, it's all Wiimotes.

Stupid.
Just for now. Miyamoto says it's entirely possible to do more, or bring one to a friend's.

Funky Dynamite
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 05:34 PM       
Destructoid ran a preview piece about a new Kinect shooter called "Blackwater", about the PMC of the same name, but took it down because of all the people saying they hate the company.

Seems like a weird decision, seeing as no one was mad at the guy who wrote it.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 07:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Also, Nintendo spent months designing the plastic wheel to Mario Kart Wii to get the weight just right.
lol. I hated the wheel and the way it felt. I had to hold it with my fingertips like a frisbee because of my long hands. It sounds like I'll have the opposite problem, then. Also, the people that've seen it in person said it's like seven or eight wiimotes sat beside one another - that's pretty big to me. But if it's held like a skateboard, I suppose it doesn't matter. It's just going to be another Nintendo peripheral to me, left in a stack of wheels and guns and 3rd party wiimotes and straps and chargers and cords and every other Nintendo doohickey I own.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM       
http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-tim...s-203756.phtml

no wai