Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:03 PM       
Now, Sethomas, I will be nice because it is apparent that you are a dumbshit. Show me where in the 200+ years of our existance we decided a presidental election with the popular vote. The Presidental candidate wins the election based on the electorial vote. Now, your whining about the popular vote is worthless becuase we have never decided a presidental election based on that criteria.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:25 PM       
I'd make a "whoosh" sound to demonstrate how my point flew past your head, but a sonic boom seems more appropriate in this case.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:38 PM       
Now, I think you should be nice to Vince, Seth, because he is a dumbass and also his ideas is as well. Now, his post is worthless as to the post he would have did before that one even which was his most recent to have been posted by him that is in question.

Now, I think if think if he misses a things context you have to chalk up on it the simple fact that that was maded by him before and not now simply.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:02 PM       
Quote:
Anarchy = complete and utter chaos where there are no rules and it is possible that bands of people could join together to try and have some sort of rule for their localized groups
Moronic drivel. Read some Cropotkin and Bakunin before you voice an oppinion on what Anarchy is. It's interesting that you think you're in the position to dictate terms to people like Rorschach.

Quote:
As far as I know, Greece was a democracy, Rome was a republic. The issue of Greece's democracy is complicated by the fact that their concept of citizenry was more stringent than ours, but still.
Slaves. Thus, not a true democracy. But it is pretty complicated, and the conversation just skimmed over this issue, so I'll leave it alone.

Quote:
Democracy is dangerous because the minority is never protected. Even is 500,001 want something and 499,999 don't, the minority opinion does not matter. Kinda like anarchy but with a fancier name.
Not every democratical ruling rests upon a marginal majority, fuckwit. Fuckwit. I just want to say that again. Fuckwit. Rolls of the tongue, it does. Fuckwit.

Old May 20th, 2003, 02:09 PM       
The moron meter just spiked, so I assumed that Helm entered the fray.

Yes, I should go read some books on anarchy because it is such a great system. I should not be allowed to comment on anarchy until I read those two books. I guess if Satan put out a book that said "Well, this is my side" I should have to read it as well to be able to validate my opinion on him. And how can you write a book on anarchy in the first place?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:14 PM       
Satan's "side of the story" does exist, and it's in The Bible. You know the story behind Lucifer, right Vince?? Doesn't that defy your theory of intentional ignorance...?
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:15 PM       
You don't need to read any books, don't get your panties in a not. I know the very idea is terrifying.

You don't even need to touch a real book. Go to an online dictionary and look up the word "Anarchy". You'll find that the deffinition is in no way similar to Majority Rule, even majority rule by a margin of one. You'll also see how you could write book about it. Helm is pointing out the freedom with which you use words you don't understand at all. And he's pointing it out in a second language which he uses with more skill than you.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
The Presidental candidate wins the election based on the electorial vote. Now, your whining about the popular vote is worthless becuase we have never decided a presidental election based on that criteria.
Vince, the electoral vote supposed to be representative of the popular vote. True, they do have the perogative to go against the popular vote but I think that's only happened once, if I remember correctly. I assume that if it happened all the time it would be "ANARCHY" to use your own terminology. Don't make me take back the nice things I said about you.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old May 20th, 2003, 02:34 PM       
You all know where I was getting at with the anarchy/democracy analogy. If all of Max's blood wasnt being rushed to his nose and instead to his brain he would realize where the comparison is valid. It doesn't matter what the definition of the term "anarchy" is in this case. Do you think that if the people who tout anarchy got their way that they would sit down with a dictionary and make sure they were 100% in tune with what it said? Rub two brain cells together, moron. I am speaking with the context on how it would play out in real life, not what the definitions are.

Yeah, Kevin, Satan got his side in the Bible. I forgot about that book that was left out called the Gospel according to Lucifer. Silly me!
Mocker
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
Quote:
Yeah, Kevin, Satan got his side in the Bible. I forgot about that book that was left out called the Gospel according to Lucifer. Silly me!
You missed the point, because well, you've got shit for brains.

Old May 20th, 2003, 02:44 PM       
What point, Kevin?

I'm just trying to find out where Lucifer sat down and wrote what his side of the story was in the Bible. I don't see it. The Bible has what happened according to the prophets and God. I don't see "The Other Side" By the former lightbringer anywhere in it.

Now, who is the dumbass?
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:46 PM       
"Even is 500,001 want something and 499,999 don't, the minority opinion does not matter. Kinda like anarchy but with a fancier name."
-Vinth

"It doesn't matter what the definition of the term "anarchy" is in this case. "
-Vinth.

I submit the following variations:
"Even is 500,001 want something and 499,999 don't, the minority opinion does not matter. Kinda like male pattern baldness but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like feline lukemia but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like Topo Gigio but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like Cubism but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like an old gym sock full of pennies and lard but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like that thing where a kid would fold his eyelid over and it would stay that way but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like Celine Dione but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like not knowing when to use 'is' and when to use 'are' but with a fancier name."

"...Kinda like hydrocephalie but with a fancier name."
Mocker
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:49 PM       
You.

Vince, you don't know anything about Anarchism. That was Helm's point. You pretend to know something about it, before even educating yourself on it.

You proclaim that all things rotten are simply rotten, and there is no need for understanding their motives. However, even Satan had a story, and it was very important in determining the eternal conflict between good and evil that the Bible outlines. To refuse to understand Lucifer would be to refuse to understand Christianity itself, and you don't wanna do that, do you Catholic Samurai???

Old May 20th, 2003, 02:52 PM       
Satan wanted to take over Heaven. He got a pair of brass ones that he couldn't back up. So he got ousted by the Big Guy. It's that simple.

Even God Himself has made allusions to what Satan can do and why people pity the demon.
Mocker

Old May 20th, 2003, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
You all know where I was getting at with the anarchy/democracy analogy.
No, Vince, I for one, didn't know, because you didn't actually explain. You see, I give you the benefit of doubt and do not rush to conclusions. I leave you some space to put your thoughts into words and then examine them on their own merit, because that's what I'm supposed to do when I partake in a constructive discussion. It's not that I'm a nice guy or anything. It's what I HAVE to do, when discussing like a civilized person, with other equally civlized as I. Because you know, I'm discussing knowing that I just might be wrong, and sincerily hope that if that is the case, it will be pointed out to me so that I can reinspect my point of view. Because that makes me a better person. Because barging into an argument so I can fling around my inane drivel would serve no other purpose than to infuriate the other people talking. That doesn't further the purpose of the argument in any way, now, does it?
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:55 PM       
You pity the demon. I pity the foo.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:00 PM       
Quote:
Even God Himself has made allusions to what Satan can do and why people pity the demon.
Was this in that book that God sat down and wrote... because the Bible doesn't tell me anything about him unless he sat down and wrote it himself.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:36 PM       
Goddamn it Vince, you silly, stupid, cowardly scuttling bit of vomit. Why hasn't someone banned you already? I'm tired of seeing you shit all across I-Mockery. Its a large part of the reason I've gone over to another message board recently.

You have no function. You do not build anything, you are incapable of rational discussion, all you can do is bring contention into what might otherwise be profitable and edifying conversation. Worse still, you do it purposely. You explemplify everything that is wrong with America from your close minded knee-jerk philosophies to your livid embrace of ignorance. Your very lifestyle, lazy and contrived as it is, is an affront to the American Dream which values hard work and determination as the key concepts which will ultimately result success.

Comparing Anarchy to Democracy is sheer stupidity, and that is typical of everything you have ever posted. It's like making a comparison between Jet Fuel and Water based upon the fact they are both liquids. I don't need to read any books on Jet Fuel to know that such a baseless generalization has no merit to it. These people posting here are trying to help you and you're too blind to see it. They humour you and attempt to draw out your opinions in the hope that you'll see yourself for what you really are, rather than what your mad ego compells you to believe you are..

If I were planning on staying here any longer, I would spend my time following every post of yours with the below, because really, you don't deserve any more consideration than that.

[/img]
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:49 PM       
I think he serves a delightful function, ie. providing me with endless belly laughs.

Plus, he inspires us all! I thought your last post was lovely, truthful, AND it made me laugh because the Vinceness of him really got to you and your expression of anger was so vivid it was hysterical.

I was wondering when you'd come back and realize Vinth had taken your scholarly thread, careened into one tiny part of it like a morbidly obese retarded teenager squeezed into a big wheel and ruined it.

I think Vinth is the Message board equivalent of Niave Art. Not a Niave Artist, mind you, but the art itself. I delight in him and could only like him better if I could display him the way PT Barnum displayed a handicapped Asian boy as the Wildman of Borneo.
Mocker

Old May 20th, 2003, 04:24 PM       
Truth be told though, he fucks this forum to shit.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 04:29 PM       
Does every thread in this forum turn into a Vince-brawl at some point?
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 04:29 PM       
Wow, things got exciting.
Old May 20th, 2003, 05:07 PM       
Here's my take.

While I often find discussion on this particular board illuminating and educating, and while it helps me define my own views, it's still I-mockery. If I wanted cut and dried debate with all the passion but minus the laughs, I'd go elsewhere.

Humor trumps all, and it should never be underestimated as a tool for enhancing communication.

When it's pure distraction, and you find it distracts you from actual discourse, simply ignore the given posts. Text is lot easier to ignore than actual audible speech, and completely ignoring seven or eight posts to return to the conversation is funny in and of itself.

Old May 20th, 2003, 10:35 PM       
Ror, would you like some fresh cheese to go with all that whine? I should bottle it all up and sell it; id make a freakin fortune.
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:53 AM       
See, that's the kind of comedy I was talking about. Fresh, insightful, and while amusing, keenly honed so as to promote and explicate a viewpoint.