Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:47 PM        Miracle Legion
Since this board's conversation falls around bands that are relativley well known, I feel compelled to shine light to a band that is quite amazing, but was cruelly shunned. I'm not trying to bash the well-known stuff that is talked about here (e.g. Clash, Yeah Yeah Yeah's), or sound like a music elitest, because I found out about these guys not through UNCUT, or some indie music mag or underground music listening pal, but from the television show, Pete and Pete. I'm sure many here have heard the TV show's theme song, by Polaris, but this band used to be called Miracle Legion, the only difference being that there was a different guitarist, and Polaris' guitarist was the vocalist only. They started out being put down as REM ripoffs, which has some truth to it, but when everyone but Mark Mulcahy and Ray Neal (vocalist and guitarist, respectivley) left the band, they changed immensley. The two put out one of the most stunning and beuatiful album's ever, titled "Me and Mr. Ray". It was quite bare, consisting of an acoustic guitar, occasional percussion, harmonica, and the incredible voice of Mark. The sound is slightly folky, but with great hooks and melodies. There is also a great depth to it, but I would sound like a pretentious loser (hopefully I do not as of now) if I attempted to describe it's greatness. If anyone's intrigued, I'm usually on SoulSeek, under Miraclelegion15, and you'll find the album there. Or, if you just feel like chatting about some other cruelly ignored albums that I don't know of, feel free to let me know via I-mockery or SoulSeek. I'm always interested in expanding my music collection.