Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 09:00 PM       
I like the Fairly Oddparents. There's a lot of slap-stick stuff, plus a lot of jokes that very few kids would really understand.

Also, Tokyo Pig is the shizzit.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 10:35 PM       
Good call on the oddparents, boogie.

They showed that Rainbow Brite movie at school when i was in first grade () Chojin. :O

Transforers did indeed have the best characters. I always loved soundwave. He was the king of all transformers, without a doubt. You piss him off, he'll toss a rabid dog-tape at you to eat your transformer-guts!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
But i do think that the new ninja turtles would probaly be better than the old one if you watched them side by side.
No fucking way. The new one isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's got some things I really don't like about it. The anime shit, for one thing. The original made em out to be ninjas, but this new one seems like it's trying to go too far with it. I wouldn't be surprised if in a future episode they all sat around drinking tea and praying to the dragon god or some shit.

I agree with james about gargoyles. It was a pretty mature show... for the year and for a disney toon, anyway. In the first episode, a bunch of gargoyles get killed while they're asleep (in stone). They'd never even do that these days. I also really liked batman: the animated series and the 2 sequel series.

That was very funny. Well done.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:12 AM       
I dunno about the Turtles thing. Were you a fan of the comic? The first episode was almost takend verbatim from the comic book.

I just can't get over how gay the theme song is, and I hate the 'shell' jokes.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:11 AM       
I agree the theme song is so fucking lame it make me want to cry.
as for the shell jokes, although i agree I am willing to bet that the original has a billion of em too.

The original was awesome at the time, but if I watched it now it would probaly painful to watch.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 02:39 PM       
I have two of them on tape. They still rock ass, though michaelangelo can be too "rad" at times. :/
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 05:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I have two of them on tape. They still rock ass, though michaelangelo can be too "rad" at times. :/
Same, on both things. But it was aimed at kids and it was in the early 90's (mainly).

JackChick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:20 PM       
Cartoons of today annoy me. A LOT.

First of all, there's pokemon.

Pokemon is probably pretty decent in Japan. But in Canada, it SUCKS. I mean, how hard is it to make a good show about monsters beating the crap out of each other?

Not very. But these people are dumber than average people(Who are dumber than rutabagass). Instead of making a good show with blood and gore and actual humor, we get an idiot, a personality-less person and a guy who gets a boner at anything.

Bah.

Then, Mucha Lucha. Mucha Lucha doesn't seem to be all that good since the main guys suck ass. You have a guy who MIGHT be a pinball, a psychotic fleaman(the one good guy) and a thing so dull that light itself cannot escape it. Why this is even more sad, however, is that nigh every other character in the series is more interesting, from 200 pound scarecrows to a guy with a 3-foot tall brain on his head.

And the brain guy needs its own show.

Finally, there's sailor moon. Sailor moon is pathetic beyond belief. They edited all the violence out!

Bah. Old cartoons are much better.

Note: After Power Rangers, there came season 2-4 of Reboot, which truly whooped ass.
The Wolf
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:27 PM       
Hey, back when pokemon was pretty new in north america, almost everyone 13 and under watched it. At the time it really wasn't that bad if you ignored the really lame stuff :/

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:55 PM       
Although NOW.....
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 07:00 PM       
why are you watching pokemon now?
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM       
I'm not. I just said it was crap.