Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM       

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Damn, Kit, it sounds like you live in a B-movie set, what with the neighbors, the stores and the people. You should write a gothic novel.
Pop up and scratch and sniff. My favorite page would be the garage sale pooper page.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
lol colonel flagg

this stuff happens to everyone, I just talk about it.

I also look for a particular china set, but I never find that. Have to do all that on ebay
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM       
Yeah, she saw some of the glasses in the thrift store and they were the same ones here ANGELIC grandmother had. It turned into ebay after awhile.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
I mainly do thrift stores over flea markets and yard sales now because I just hate people so damn much.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
I hear ya lady. I think the longer we stay out of work the more we avoid people. I've always hated the general public when I work, but I didn't mind being elbow to elbow with them while I was out trying to do my thing. Now a days, I'd rather go to less populated areas.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
Maybe. Dunno, I was developing quite the attitude problem when I was working at the hospital- but then again, I think the hospital politics, pointless caste system and general backstabbing were doing that to me.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM       
That's everywhere. My last 8 years was in grocery stores. I pushed not taking disability as long as I possibly could because I thought I would wind up killing myself for being less than human, which I was almost successful at.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM       
My doctors told me to stop and do Disability 10 years before I actually did. Didn't want to have to go that route.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM       
I finally got fired for showing up to work late all the time. Fatigue finally caught up with me and I had to admit defeat. I still have 6 months to go till I can get Medicare and get the meds I need. Right now I have to beg the state for help, and they hate doing that.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM       
What position did/do you hold in grocery?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
What position did/do you hold in grocery?
I don't think I can give up gay jokes.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:53 PM       
Well the first 6 years I was a baker turned bakery manager. I quit that place due to politics and moved to the beach. There I got involved with a local Health Foods grocery store. I worked as a stocker/cashier/weekend receiver. The hours were all over the place and my pain causes me lack of sleep. So I got fired for being late all the fucking time. I was bound to happen sometime, I just never knew when the end would finally happen.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:55 PM       
Weekend reciever
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:03 PM       
Ah, that sucks. I definitely know about having a variable schedule. Last week I was the receiver all week (coming in at 4am, leaving at noon). This week, I've been night stock (9:30pm-5:30am) but on Friday I'm the closing manager 2:30-10p.

Have you generally made enough money to sustain yourself, for the most part, in grocery?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM       
Not in a Health Food store, but if you go for the main grocery stores, you make enough to live and the higher you climb the fatter the wallet. You get a dept manager position and you make bank, stay the fuck away from Bakery though. They are the money losing end of the store. Every store has to have a bakery and bakeries cost more than they make. The health plans though, grocery stores have some of the best health plans.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:19 PM       
Yeah I've been in grocery on-and-off for four years just about. I was wondering if it'd hurt as a fall-back plan.

I plan on moving across the country in some direction soon, and I'm just trying to figure out if I'll be able to support myself working grocery until I figure something else out.

I've been offered store management positions before but I'm preferring to stick to the fake management option.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:25 PM       
There will most assuredly almost always be grocery stores. It is a great thing to fall back on. Plus there is at least 1 grocery store in every tow/city in America.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:28 PM       
Yeah, which is always nice. And I figure I have experience enough and more references with grocery store management than I would ever require, to get my foot in the door and make a little more than what most people start at.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:34 PM       
Not if the are union.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:39 PM       
Unless it's the same union I've been in for years.

Is UFCW nation-wide?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:43 PM       
Ah, both of mine were non-union.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
You look like the kind of guy who doesn't like onions.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM       
I luv onions :o
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM       
I'm hard pressed to name a food I don't love.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm hard pressed to name a food I don't love.
That would explain this:
Quote:
I was fucking huge. I think my asshole ripped a little.