Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 12:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Well, thanks the for the revival that totally wasn't a downer to read.

Motion to (re)start an embarrassing/dumb/funny sexual memory thread in loveline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I 2nd it
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
for real, let's do that. loveline was my only savior in life before i got married

i.e. i got married last year guys woot woot
MOTION GRANTED.

MOTION IN THE OCEAN
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
MOTION GRANTED.

MOTION IN THE OCEAN
i think i'm most happy that it is not a new thread, just rekindling the old one
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 03:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
What I miss the most is the amount of effort making internet content used to take. You don't really see that effort anymore. Everything's become disposable.
I'm not a fan of that either. I don't update my site every day because I'm much busier than I used to be, but more importantly, I've always been a quality over quantity kind of person when it comes to content. Just as social media has practically killed message forums, bullshit sites like BuzzFeed have killed off quality content.

I could easily churn out the kind of useless drivel BuzzFeed does, but I'd rather not steal 10 animated gifs from around the web, not credit the sources, and then spend maybe five minutes surrounding them with words that no self-respecting writer would describe as an article. I prefer to take my time, snap my own photographs, and put some actual time, effort, and love into the work. Unfortunately, that means less frequent updates, and the web has sadly become all about who can update the most frequently and get the most followers and blahblahblah.

It's the same reason why you see YouTubers shooting so many quick "vlog" videos about absolutely nothing. It's filler. It's an update for the sake of updating. I guess I just don't believe in putting up content like that... I'd rather take a little more time and make something that a person might still remember later on down the road.

Don't get me wrong though; there's still a lot of great stuff on the web these days, but there's so much b.s. you have to wade through to get to it, I can see how a lot of people don't care enough to seek it out. It's a lot easier to just hang out on Facebook all day and share the latest LOL-inducing image with your friends. There's no time commitment to it. Quick laugh and then get on with your day. It's just not what I'm into. I like reading lengthy pieces in my down-time, so I guess that's why I tend to enjoy writing them too.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 12:35 AM       
This is the generation of me first and I want it now. It's all about pointless viral shit that has the appeal for 1 day at best, everything is monotonous and lacks value. "Music" like Skrillex and Jay Z is what's hot and trending. It's a fucking disaster. Cinema is dead and practically replaced by youtube. When movies like Pacific Rim and Magic Mike exist, you no shit as hit the bottom. It's all about money and appealing to the masses, and masses have spoken, they like being force fed shit.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:28 AM       
Like this post if you're a true 80s 90s kid!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 05:30 AM       
Babs - While I know it's easy to be jaded about it all, there's lots of awesome stuff to be found out there these days... sometimes you just gotta dig around. Independent creators have far better means of getting their work out to the masses than they ever did in the past - but with that, there's obviously gonna be a lot more lackluster material to dig through to get to the good stuff. And while I'll always be a huge fan of the creations I grew up on in my childhood years, I'm constantly finding great shows, movies, music, toys, art, web sites, and more. I'm just not into the work that people clearly put no love into and are just doing it in the hopes of making a quick buck. Keep looking around though, you'll find things you like, I promise.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 07:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
This is the generation of me first and I want it now. It's all about pointless viral shit that has the appeal for 1 day at best, everything is monotonous and lacks value. "Music" like Skrillex and Jay Z is what's hot and trending. It's a fucking disaster. Cinema is dead and practically replaced by youtube. When movies like Pacific Rim and Magic Mike exist, you no shit as hit the bottom. It's all about money and appealing to the masses, and masses have spoken, they like being force fed shit.
umm watch yourself. magic mike is an amazing movie, and all the beefcake is just filler. MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH IT
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:48 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 07:06 AM.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:49 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 07:06 AM.
rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 03:17 PM       
you're like a typewriter

your head is underwood

Last edited by bigtimecow : Jan 28th, 2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: SPELLING
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 12:39 AM       
Don't forget Reddit! That probably has a lot to do with other forums being obsolete.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 02:46 PM       
I think I've only clicked on links that lead to reddit. Never actually went there on my own. I used to be on fark all the fucking time until 9/11 happened and then I just kind of lost interest there. 9/11 ruined a shit ton of media for me.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 02:50 PM       
Quote:
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 04:36 PM       
rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 06:42 PM       
i like the AMAs on reddit. never participated but reading through the archives is great. especially for stuff like when someone corrected the obama's grammar
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 04:46 AM       
I don't know why the fuck people think it's okay to move a lamp away to a different table, and expect not to pay for it when they knock it over.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:02 PM       
oh what up playboy
filthiest soap dish
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 11:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Babs - While I know it's easy to be jaded about it all, there's lots of awesome stuff to be found out there these days... sometimes you just gotta dig around. Independent creators have far better means of getting their work out to the masses than they ever did in the past - but with that, there's obviously gonna be a lot more lackluster material to dig through to get to the good stuff. And while I'll always be a huge fan of the creations I grew up on in my childhood years, I'm constantly finding great shows, movies, music, toys, art, web sites, and more. I'm just not into the work that people clearly put no love into and are just doing it in the hopes of making a quick buck. Keep looking around though, you'll find things you like, I promise.
I agree, there's a lot of talent out there just not out in the view for the public. I don't mind digging for something, it's practically what I do with most of my free time. I just get discouraged that when I go out to go see a movie, that what is out in main movie theaters is just the same boring and godawful shit that is dished out non stop, it's just ate up by the masses. Not only that but any good movie that is showing is in select theaters that I have to drive out of my way to go see (Then again I do live in shitty Columbus, Ohio). Just thoughts like that shitty Jennifer Lawrence movie, "the house at the end of the street" is practically every cliche convention that any cheesy slasher has used, went on to gross 43 million dollars where as a great movie such as The Master only grossed 16 million (one of the films the was only being shot at select theaters where I live). I'm probably more or less just caught of in caring about what others like and take it personally, but I just find it disheartening to see how most of the good quality stuff out there doesn't get to reap the rewards like all that other trite stuff out there does.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 01:02 AM       
It's been this way forever.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 02:04 AM       
Babs, you're a pretentious little baby. The Master didn't do well in cinemas.

I hope that someday you'll realize how repugnant that statement is.

That was very funny. Well done.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 05:56 PM       
Not my intentions what so ever.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 04:00 AM       
One of my rats may have sprained her back paw. She's eating and drinking fine, but she's not putting much weight on it. Little shit has me worried to death
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM       
Quote:
It's been this way forever.
life is cyclical suck

also I might be moving. I figure either Washington or Tangier, I'm edging toward Tangier because I want to lose myself in a hash fueled orgy.
"You've gotta' look to the future. The future is anarchy. I'm talking about lawlessness, I'm talking about the Lebanons of the future. I'm talking about the breakdown of the whole system. The military defending people against people. You won't get your appropriations waving that flag, there's no glory in that kind of warfare!"

Last edited by Otto : Feb 4th, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 12:33 PM       
Africa? You would have to be high to move there.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 02:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
One of my rats may have sprained her back paw. She's eating and drinking fine, but she's not putting much weight on it. Little shit has me worried to death
My friends rat just died the other day, the most social one too. The other 2 have been rather odd and seem to be depressed if that's even possible. Rest in peace Mr. Hendrith.