Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM       
Can´t you just kick their shields or backstab them? I haven´t had any invaders yet and 8 out of 10 summonings fail too but then again, as I said, I´m never in Human form anyway so who cares :D

Also, I read somewhere that the Eye of Death stuff that you´re supposed to do as a Servant of the Gravelord simply doesn´t work. I´ve only tried it once and I just died a few minutes later because well, I´m not gonna sit around waiting for other people to invade me so some skeleton killed me while I was walking around...

A nice little thing though: If you die while cursed, your statue appears in other peoples games, that´s where these leafy statues in the sewers come from
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM       
I LOVED Darksiders, though. I'm kinda torn. I guess I'll just grab whichever I see first. Except for Gears, which I'll get after the price goes down; I'm only interested in that one for the story--never was big into Gears multiplayer.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM       
I think you could have a lot of fun with Dark Souls, then. I'm just usually hesitant to recommend it to people because of its difficulty, not all of which is balanced. Most of the time, deaths are pretty cheap.

But the online in Dark Souls is really cool and persistant. It's also damn near a third of the game, too, considering all of the signs on the ground, ghosts of other players, and all of the covenant quests that require you to help or fight other people in some way. I let my XBL lapse, so I'm kinda sad and lonely right now, but I'm gonna pick up one o' them three month cards soon.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 01:28 AM       
I got Dark Souls but haven't played it yet. It sounded good anyway, but Castlevania is like $20 at Best Buy (which is not where I was), and Gears 3 was not worth the price tag, considering I'd only spend 10-15 hours with it. I'll pick up CV later on and Gears 3 when it's a Platinum Hit, or something.

What kinda sucks is that Arkham City will be out soon, and then Skyrim follows that. Too many big fucking games.

drifting in the void
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM       
Between Gears 3 and Castlevania...pick Castlevania it´s the better game by far. And no, I don´t care about the online and be honest, you already have Gears 3 two times already, just with other numbers at the end
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM       
Sadly, I have to pick and choose games now too. I had saved up 600 dollars to spend on all the games I'd love, but then I had to have surgery. Now I've made a list of what I get, and then pick up the rest when they're cheaper. It goes->

Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Saint's Row 3.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM       
I played some battlefield 3 this past saturday night. Ended up talking to this guy that sounded like Paul Scheer. Now he's super annoying though.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM       
holy crap arkham city's only a week away
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM       
Yeah, Arkham City was a hard one to cut from my list, but I can only get four. I'll be playing it in december probably.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM       
I'm on the last boss and I CANNOT beat him. I need to be online and get help because it's really fucked up. I'm level 97 and I fucked myself out of the only way I can beat him.

RANT RANT RANT

Spoilers!

I've been fighting him for the better part of eight hours, with a long walk back to him after I die. Fuck this fucking guy. If you have the good fortune to be able to play online, you'll no doubt be able to summon help. I envy you - very much so.
The Wolf
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 09:41 PM       
I made a thief for my first character. Good?

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 10:27 PM       
You can unlock a ton of doors early on, which is pretty useful. I dunno how good the Thief is otherwise, though. I started as a Deprived because I wanted the flat stats to build anything on.

I think you can get the Pyromancy Flame from the start if you have the Skeleton Key. It's a good thing to have if you don't want to build a magic user because the power of the spells doesn't scale off of any stats, but rather how mnay times you've upgraded the flame with souls. And, as I said in my little thing above, the final boss practically necessitates it.
The Wolf
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:00 PM       
I went back and switched to Bandit. MO' AXIN'!

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:29 PM       
What game are you guys talking about? That new demon souls game?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM       
Dark Souls, brah. Shit's crazy in here.
The Wolf
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 12:59 AM       
Holy shit, this game is fucking unforgiving. I can't recall a game where I've died so many fucking times in the part immediately after the tutorial. THOSE FUCKING SKELETONS KEEP COMING, AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY WALK CLOSE ENOUGH TO WAKE UP MORE! I'm trying to steal whatever it is that the giant one and his little buddies are protecting, though.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:04 AM       
It's either the Binoculars or the Zweihander, from what I remember. If you're into two-handed greatswords, it'll be kickass.

Otherwise, you're not even supposed to go that way, not that the game tells you that.
The Wolf
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:18 AM       
Well, I ended up in the catacombs at one point, but then I made a swift retreat because I wanted to get that fucking treasure.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:41 AM       
Hate the Catacombs. Evil lives down there, man.

I still haven't beaten the last boss. He's still cheap as all hell. But I found a suit of armor, (Havel's), that'll help eventually. I just need to level my endurance so I can actually wear the damn thing and keep mobile.
The Wolf
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:09 AM       
I'm in that town full of dead things, and evidently there's some bosses in the area. I really wish I could sell this shit that I keep finding. I can't use the scimitar or zweihander effectively, but I don't wanna just drop them.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:13 AM       
Don't drop them! You'll be able to sell them eventually. That was actually the thing I hated most about Demon's Souls. At the end of the game, if you didn't regularly drop shit, your inventory would get so fucking cluttered. At least this time, you'll get some souls out of it.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:32 AM       
Didn´t Demons Souls have a inventory-weight too? I remember having to drop things because I was overburdened...glad they got rid of that, now it´s just cluttered.
But yeah, you can either sell your stuff for (VERY few souls later on) or just stash all that crap into the bottomless box (2k Souls at the second blacksmith).

Alright, I let Nito be Nito and switched to Chaos Servant for my active Covenant. Gravelord Sword and Chaos Fireball? Yes please, that thing can twoshot a Taurus Demon more or less Speaking of Taurus Demons: What the fuck is going on down in the Demons Ruins? There´s cows everywhere and Capras too. Though I gotta say, Capra Demons are extremely easy if you encounter them alone and have enough space to walk backwards, it´s all you need. 3, 4 hits with the Gravelord and they go down.

I also found a fire ember and I don´t yet know whom to give it to...I suspect, the flame-smith in the Catacombs? I still hate that place! But it reminds me that I wanted to get another flame-weapon, I just have a Flame-Morningstar, simply because it was the only upgradable weapon I had on me when I discovered the blacksmith...

And I´m still trying to stall going to Sen´s or New Londo but...apart from the forest and the valley of drakes, there´s nothing...wait, there´s this secret area in the giant tree! AHA!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:50 AM       
The Hollow is cool, but Ash Lake is fucking beautiful. Wait'll you see it. Same thing with the endgame Kiln area. Some of the most beautiful, haunting environments in any game ever. And you'd be correct - both the Flame and Chaos Flame Embers go to the Catacombs blacksmith.

And I have a Lightning katana-type now. It's better than the Estoc, but each swing uses more stamina. I think I might use it when I try to pick apart the endboss.

And at the level I was at when I went back to the Demon Ruins for realsies, I just hit the Capra Demons three times with my Divine Lucerne and they crumbled. Make sure to get to the second level of the Chaos covenant AS FAST AS YOU CAN. There's an important guy might die if you don't.
The Wolf
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 04:04 AM       
I've been fucking around in Undead Burg for a while. I got chainmail and leveled my guy up to 15, but I need a better weapon. This battle axe is good, but I'm trying to take out that guy at the bottom of the spiral staircase; he kills me in one hit, so I unequip all of my armor and dash around his attacks, but I'm doing fuck all for damage and he eventually clips me. Son of a bitch.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 04:24 AM       
The Taurus Demon? As I understand it, you can just grab a bunch of firebombs and toss them down at him from above. Or are you talking about the guy with the giant club that looks like a talon? That guy is called Havel and you are in no shape to fight him. Yer literally tens of hours away from killing him.