Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:36 AM        Weekly Movie Review: The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: The Human Centipede (First Sequence).
Gix is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM       
metacritic gave it a 34
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM       
I have heard good things about this believe it or not
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM       
I watched it last night at a midnight show, and this review pretty much hits the nail on the head (though I'd probably give it an extra pickle). The pacing was a bit weird for me as well, but I think things picked up nicely in the last act to make up for everything. And since I'm just about at phobia-levels for shit-eating stuff, I'm very glad the movie handled it the way it did. Still a very squirm-inducing movie, though.

And yes please to more Dieter Laser, the man was amazing.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:49 AM       
What I don't get is, why does the villain want to make a human centipede in the first place? What's the point of it all?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM       
bECAUSE ISS BODY HORROR, ZASS VY
Queen of the Beasts
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
bECAUSE ISS BODY HORROR, ZASS VY
In other body horror movies there was a point to it all. The Cenobites from Hellraiser wanted to "enlighten" people about pleasure and pain. In Alien the monsters wanted to reproduce. In Videodrome it was to give brain tumors to deviants.

Again, why did the doctor make a human centipede? As a conversation piece? What's his motivation as a character?

Last edited by Jeanette X : May 11th, 2010 at 08:45 PM.
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:12 AM       
Well, as a legitimate surgeon he was world famous for separating Siamese twins. I guess now that he's retired he wants to go the other direction.

And anyway, since when does "Because he can" not work as motivation for crazy mad scientists?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM       
Yeah, it was because after so many years of separating conjoined twins he wanted to see if he could go the other way and create a new conjoined entity.

I pretty much agree with Roger's review. The film isn't nearly as disturbing or graphic as people are making it out to be. The concept is more disturbing than anything you actually see in the movie. In fact, I felt more sickened when I heard the doctor describing what he was going to do to his victims than I did when I actually saw the result.

The most disturbing part of the movie to me was the very ending. I won't spoil the particulars, but the situation that poor girl was in was completely horrible and depressing, even if only temporary.

I don't even know how they are going to do the sequel either, considering the way things left off in this one. Basically, it's not a great movie, but it is a pretty novel concept, so if it captures your imagination it's probably worth seeing at least once for that.
Queen of the Beasts
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
Yeah, it was because after so many years of separating conjoined twins he wanted to see if he could go the other way and create a new conjoined entity.
No, that's just not enough character development for me. I like crazy villains, but it has to be a crazy that I can understand. That's what makes a character, and by extension, a movie, work for me.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM       
This movie, like many horror movies, wasn't really about the characters.
Forum Virgin
mrpointy22 is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM       
Yeah, a mate of mine introduced this to me in a link, the other day, and inspite of the attempt to downplay the furore surrounding it in this review, I still wouldn't watch it if someone paid me. Just don't understand, when there are so many high quality films and TV shows out there, that anyone would waste an hour and a half of their life with garbage like this?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:39 PM       
Kinda silly to post about it then eh?
First time Forumer
lil'ms'krueger is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:02 PM       
I watched this today. It was rather slow at the begining but I quite liked it. Th acting was rather stupid apart from Dieter Laser. I did laugh A LOT at the end when the 'middle piece' was just just stuck there with a dead person at either end. I wish to see more of Dieter Laser. I think a sequel would be good but if there is better actors/actresses. I want to see a 12 person centipede
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:01 AM       
After playing your game and reading this review, I really want to watch this film.
Forum Virgin
zombijoe is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM       
Dieter Laser was also in few episodes of the LEXX series season 2 and 3 (all episodes are on HULU) if you wanted to check out some more of his work. He played the character "Mandrid". And he's just as disturbing in the Lexx series as he was in Centipede.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 11:58 AM       
Look what I just saw on ugliest tattoo dot com.

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM       
So here's my question for the sequel - how in the holy hell are they going to have the 12 centipede thing come up at all? Are they really going to suggest that there are TWO nuts in the world who want to sew people mouth-to-anus?

Incidentally (and rather hilariously), they brought in some doctors to make sure that the movie was 100% factually accurate. Which means that apparently some doctors were brought on the set of a movie and asked "if you were to sew three people mouth-to-anus and have two of them forced to eat feces, what would the effects on their health be?"
the gore...THE GORE
cb94 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 09:57 AM       
Personally, I thought this film was very sick. Just because Haiter explains everything before hand and when you see the centipede(?) for the first time, the images on the slideshow and Heiter's speech are stuck in your head reminding you of how sick and twisted his 'invention' is. Still, Dieter Laser deserves his awesome name because he was so demented in this film.