Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Tell those sumva bitches they need to gain some weight.

The excuses will never end. I wonder what people will say if Lesnar beats everyone's favorite Russian golden boy.
I'm not blaming Lesnar for his size. The UFC doesn't have a very good HW roster, so I'm not expecting them to make a Super HW division, but that's where Lesnar needs to be imo.

If he fought Fedor(which I think weighs in at 235) he'd have a good chance of beating him since he out weighs him by about 40 pounds or so.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM       
You have to admit if Lesnar wasn't somewhat quick for his size himself, or as well trained as he has been, he would be smoked in any division. I don't think it is just his size that is making him win, it is his training and speed as well.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
For sure. He's a freak of nature.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM       
Imagine if he spent those years pre MMA (the WWE and NFL ones I mean) in MMA. He'd probably be 20-2 or something and have a few titles. The name recognition is nice but the WWE past hurts him in the eyes of some fans.

I found this blog's point about it very telling http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

"In Round 2, as Lesnar had Mir on the ground and was punching his face in less than 30 seconds before the fight was over, there was a loud chant aimed at referee Herb Dean of “stand them up.”

This was a first in UFC history. Not the chant itself, but it being done when a fighter was pummeling the other and actually seconds away from winning. It was the first time a crowd hated a fighter so much that they were willing to pervert the entire framework of what the sport is supposed to be – that a fighter should do what he can to finish a fight – simply because they wanted that fighter to lose so badly."

It seems sad, and a bit hypocritical, that there are fans that want this and do not realize that if they get their way they set a precedent that would undermine what the MMA is supposed to be all about. We already have a sport where people are forced to stand up and beat each other. It's called boxing.
Role Assigner
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 06:09 PM       
Yeah if he would have never been in the WWE then I think fans would like him a bit more. Unfortunately I think fans automatically hold that against him. Doesn't hurt that he comes off as an incredible dick too.

As for the blog I think it was that the fans don't like Brock and from their vantage point they probably just saw him laying on Mir. Even if Herb would have made them stand up I don't think the fight would have ended differently. Also it was the last fight of the super hyped UFC 100. People wanted to see another Hendo/Bisping finish and not a TKO like that.
Role Assigner
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM       
Silva is going to beat the hell out of Forrest. Silva's fought at 205 before, so it isn't a big deal really. I think he walks around at about 205-215 anyway. Forrest is going to have to lay on him and put him on the ground to win.

BJ is going to kill KenFlo too imo.

Should be interesting.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 02:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Silva is going to beat the hell out of Forrest. Silva's fought at 205 before, so it isn't a big deal really. I think he walks around at about 205-215 anyway. Forrest is going to have to lay on him and put him on the ground to win.

BJ is going to kill KenFlo too imo.

Should be interesting.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Good call
Role Assigner
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM       
Wow. Just wow.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 11:22 PM       
so sick
Role Assigner
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
RUN FORREST RUN!!

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM       
My poor Gina
Role Assigner
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM       
well she's still beautiful :D
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
well she's still beautiful :D
That, and she'll eventually get the rematch, it was a rather controversial ending seeing as they could have let her be saved by the bell for that round.
I cant swim
Jason Voorhees is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM       
Cant wait for the Lesnar/Carwin fight...
Role Assigner
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 10:00 PM       
Well hopefully it'll be better than Mir/Lezgnar. At least Carwin won't be outweighed by 50lbs like Mir.

Carwin doesn't have that much exp though(not saying that Lezgnar does), but he does have heavy hands. I'm giving Lezgnar the edge in this one.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
Back on track please. MattJack, how bout some info on the next big UFC PPV

EDIT: This message was for a spammer who's messages have been mostly erased

Last edited by Pentegarn : Oct 26th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Role Assigner
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM       
It's tonight. I'm not very hyped for it. Couture V Nog. I think Couture is going to pull this one out in the 3rd if he can't manage to knock out Nog by then, but idk.

I'm not really too interested to see Vera, Leben, or Jake Rosholt fight tbh.

In other news, here's the latest thing Fedor has done since the Affliction implosion:

It's just an exhibition match, aka pretty much a glorified wrasstlin match, so I not advise watching this while driving or operating heavy machinery.
Role Assigner
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:24 AM       
Well I botched that prediction
Role Assigner
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM       
Nog just has been looking so bad with his past couple of fights that I thought he was done. Plus I like Randy a good bit, so it clouded my judgment. Still, that was a really good fight.
Role Assigner
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM       

Pat Berry, an up and coming HW in the UFC who got FotN and KotN at the last UFC, doing his impression of The Techno Viking.

I got a pretty good laugh at this shi*.
Role Assigner
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 10:19 PM       
For those who missed last Saturday: