Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM        The Next Big Trend In Movie Monsters
Automatically generated comment thread for The Next Big Trend In Movie Monsters.
Scary guy
ScaryRedMonster is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM       
Werewolves have a particular bigger chance with what the Werewolf movie remake coming soon.
Forum Virgin
rabid-penguin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM       
Next big snakes on a plane type movie: Frankenstein on a trolley.

I still think we could get a good run out of your dream, though. xD
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:15 PM       
Vampires are definitely all the rage right now, especially because o' True Blood.

If I had to cast a vote for the next big trend in movie monsters, I'd like to see... CYCLOPS!

You'd think "Cy" the cyclops kitten would be a catalyst for such a thing, but it never happened. This, my friends, is what I refer to as INJUSTICE!
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
I'd totally vote for Frankenstein monsters or the ressurgance of the C.H.U.D.! Wait, am I the only person who actually liked C.H.U.D.?
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
I believe I recall a werewolf 'love scene' in Howling III.

C.H.U.D. was awesome. C.H.U.D 2, not so much.

Last edited by Mockery : Sep 10th, 2009 at 08:26 PM.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:53 PM       
CHUD was a classic,never saw the sequel

werewolves would be great if they were hellbeast like creatures ala American Werewolf

i'd love to see Cronenberg go back to trippy horror again
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM       
RoG, don't forget about twilight fans. "puke"
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM       
DougClayton4231, I take it you didn't see my big feature on C.H.U.D. from a few years back. Definitely one of my favorite cheesy horror flicks and I wouldn't mind seeing them coming back... though they'd probably screw up that movie big-time by using CGI shit instead of puppetry.

J. Tithonus Pednaud, I've been meaning to watch C.H.U.D. II for a long time because I've heard how bad it is. Hard to imagine anybody screwing up something as fun as the first flick, but apparently they did heheh.

rabid-penguin, I've never seen that movie and hopefully never will. As a result, I really don't get many of the references people make to the movie haha. I love True Blood, but I'll be damned if I'm going to watch a movie about vampires, it's gonna be the original Lost Boys.
Forum Virgin
nirvana_infinity is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM       
Someone made me watch Twilight once. Lucky for me, it was the Rifftracks version with the MST guys making fun of it the whole time. But sadly enough, I couldn't force myself to stay awake through the whole thing. What a bucket of boring.

Here's one for ya, going along with the Cyclops: Monsters of ancient Greek mythology. Minotaurs, multi-headed-snakes, the damn Kraken. Personally, I'm going as Medusa this Halloween.
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM       
I still love the bathtub scene. Burn baby, burn.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM       
I want more Creatures From the Black Lagoon. Yessir!
Drunken_Lemur408 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 10:35 PM       
Wasn't the kraken Norse mythology? Now that I think about it, I've never heard about a movie about Ragnarok. Pity, when you think about it. It would be a thousand times better than 2012. Lousy Mayans, or was it Aztecs? Screw em, that's what I say!Roland Emmerich can go to hell with Michael Bay and Friedburg and Seltzer!
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM       
Here in Mexico, politicians are definitely the scariest and most dangerous of any monstr that could posibly be lurking out there. Constantly raising their already fat paychecks and fighting amidst a congress session... We cannot run or hide.
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 12:25 AM       
Twilight is doing its hardest to kill of vampires. Thank god for Let The Right One In, that gives the genre credit for another 5 years or so, at least. Incidentally, if someone here hasn't seen Let The Right One In yet, go see it immediately. It restores faith in bloodsuckers (but be sure you see the DVD version with the English Theatrical subtitles! The other ones don't work so well, to say the least).

Personally, I'd like to see more sea monster/giant squidlike whatchamacallit movies. Those always feature plenty of creepy moments and destroyed boats. The last good one of those I can really remember is Deep Rising, and that was more than a decade ago. Much too long ago.
Letch
Maxwell Demon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 01:18 AM       
What about bringing back the trend of themed slasher types from the 80s? Like scarecrows and punkin headed folx, even santa claus. these would have to be strait to dvd movies cuz stupid hollywood wouldnt see the merit in the cheese factor, but i always like a good simple, almost childishly spooky theme. Too bad the goosebumps tv shows didnt age that well, i still watch the dvds but they really rushed alot of them to make them fit into tv shows.

or how bout we finally get a full-on big screen treatment of "In a Dark, Dark Room" itd be the best 3 minute movie you ever saw in your life.
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 03:10 AM       
Quote:
But if you consider the fickle fae of ancient folklore who would just as soon kill you or enslave you for life as look at you and have magical powers over reality that we can't even begin to understand, they take on more of a threatening demeanor.
Damn skippy. Fae can be downright frightening if you piss them off according to legend. According to "Legend," too, if you see the uncut version when Gump gets pissed at Jack, not to mention Meg Mucklebones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana_infinity View Post
Someone made me watch Twilight once. Lucky for me, it was the Rifftracks version with the MST guys making fun of it the whole time. But sadly enough, I couldn't force myself to stay awake through the whole thing. What a bucket of boring.

Here's one for ya, going along with the Cyclops: Monsters of ancient Greek mythology. Minotaurs, multi-headed-snakes, the damn Kraken. Personally, I'm going as Medusa this Halloween.
Vampires don't sparkle, dammit. And on a side note, they *are* remaking "Clash of the Titans," so there's your mythological monsters right there. Good luck with the medusa getup, Nirvana.
Forum Virgin
NecroLemur is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM       
The Howling had werewolf sex. Hot, lurid, steamy werewolf sex.
testtube is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM       
The trend will be monster movies that are poorly framed in a shaky cam and incoherently edited, just get a cam corder and shake it in your dogs face while playing some shitty nu-metal, instant nu-horror flick!
Lady-Geek
darqmommy is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM       
ok guys, i hear what you're saying, but i need to let you know that the next HUGE trend in movies will be this: picture an "underground" network, if you will, of ultra-hip young, attractive vampires who basically live among us and feed casually on our numbers, terrorizing us in the most SUBTLE way POSSIBLE. hmmm, i think their headquarters will be located in the basement of some goth club tht could not exist in reality because it is way too classy, fronted by an imposing figure called, umm, "Dominick." but get this: you can tell they're VAMPIRES because they dress in leather and only come out at night, but they are NEVER seen dancing at the goth club... i know i am pushing the envelope, but i think the world is ready for this.
Lady-Geek
darqmommy is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM       
>>>>>>>>or how bout we finally get a full-on big screen treatment of "In a Dark, Dark Room" itd be the best 3 minute movie you ever saw in your life. <<<<<<

incidentally, i did a version of that for my daughter, adn when i got to teh end when you open the box, i shrieked, "A pink gumball!!!"
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM       
I want to see a new one of those movies where all the heroes/villains of past history wise fwom the gwave. Like Caligula, Jim Bowie, and Genghis Khan rise from the grave and TOTALLY fuck people's shit up. Would be pretty nice...

Yes I picked Cailgula and Jim Bowie because i've been listening to the dickies...
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM       
Zombie movies have are solidly placed in the parody section again, what with the upcoming zombieland release. Personally I like the more serious kind, but directors seldom get the fact that in a good zombie film, the enemy is the survivors, NOT the zombies.

Werewolf movies have always been a bit underground, due to the fact that they are really a poor man's vampire. Ginger snaps has a fairly hot/disturbing love scene in it.

Swamp creature movies will definatly make a resurgance. Swap Thing is getting a remake afterall.

Mummies have pretty much been killed by Brendon Frasier, they won't be back anytime soon. Part three was particularly pathetic, with the entire cast of the film constantly trying to convince you that China's First emperor was a mummie and his clay soldiers are mummies just so that the title of the film makes sense.

True Blood has definately brought back vampires, as rog pointed out. Unfortunatly the dawson's-creek style movies are the only one's we'll be seing in this genre though.

If I had any say, I'd like to see a good-old-fashioned "science gone amuck" film trend. One that does NOT involve giant animals or zombies though as those don't count. I'm talking Frankenstein's monster, mutants, ect. Also there was this really interesting aspect of return of the living dead iv that was never explored, namely cyborg zombies! I'd like to see a film similar to the plot of season 4 of buffy, where classic monsters are captured and given cybornetic implants so the goverment can contol them. Of course wackiness would ensue.
DarkfireTaimatsu is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 01:56 AM       
The next trend will be dinosaurs, which will kick off once they finally get around to making a Dinosaurs Attack film.
Forum Virgin
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 10:23 AM       
I admit, instead of having some anamatronic puppet dinosaurs we could CGI some incredible ones.