Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 04:31 PM       
I love Dead Island.

Also playing as Sam B.

"WHO DO YOU VOODOO BITCH?"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM       
When I got to the first Thug you fight my game Daggerdale'd real bad. After that it hasn't glitched again.....yet
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:00 AM       
I´m really starting to like Sam´s Skillset, as he´s the only Character that can take normal enemies out of comission for 6 seconds...just like that and he has that hilarious head-jump :D

By the way once I got to the second Act, I got really angry at Capcom. I always though no one was able to make a hot, sunny city scary and threatening (I´m looking at you Resident Evil 5 you piece of crap) but Techland just casually walks in and nails it. The city is GOOD. Really good.
zerothree is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:31 AM       
I'll be spending the whole day playing Jet Grind Radio, MvsC2, Sword of the Berzerk, and Shenmue.

Happy 12th Birthday Dreamcast.

Oh, and Starfox 64 3D.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:35 AM       
maybe ill get dead island. did you buy it on xbox 360 billiam?

i almost want to get it for my computer since i just upgraded ;/
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 09:25 AM       
I didn't but I'm thinking about buying it this weekend. just a rental for the time being.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM       
Fucking red box near my house only had a choice between Driver San Francisco and Warhammer Space Marine. I decided to go inside the walgreens and get a block of cheese instead.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM       
Still playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's pretty fucking hard until you get the hang of combat and some better guns. It really lacks personality and is pretty dry, but it's fun enough to keep going with until I beat it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Still playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's pretty fucking hard until you get the hang of combat and some better guns. It really lacks personality and is pretty dry, but it's fun enough to keep going with until I beat it.
I strongly recommend that you download L.U.R.K. mod for it. It makes the game creepier and fixes all the things that annoyed me in the vanilla version.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM       
I recommend you skip Shadow and move right on into Call of Pripyat.

It's... really up there with me. I HOLD IT IN HIGH REGARD, in other words.
Lingonberry pancakes
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM       
You fool. Shadow Of Chernobyl is awesome, but I really dislike the vanilla version of it. Too buggy, the enemies have supernatural eyesight and the guns don't seem to have any punch to them. The plot is kinda forgettable too, but the atmosphere is just amazing. With the L.U.R.K. mod, it's a really cool experience, 'cause it addresses all the things I just bitched about. And then some!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM       
I grant full disclosure and say that I've not modded Shadow of Chernobyl. I loved it a lot, though.

But Call of Pripyat just blows away every PC game in years for me. The sound design, the weather effects, all of it. Everything is immersive. I started playing it in my apartment's living room on my big-ass TV with my surround sound stereo system hooked up and it blew my mind. Blew everyone else's mind, too, because after a while, I was attracting a crowd. Seriously, I can't laud Pripyat enough.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM       
Alright, I'll install that mod and finish this one before trying Pripyat. I'm a few areas in right now, but I think that I still have a ways to go. I fucking love the arena. Every game needs an arena area.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 05:47 PM       
i love the mods too. I don't play it without mods

at first i just used weapon mods to make the enemies actually die when they get shot in the head. Then i tried those alife mods. Really make it more fun.. there's a few that completely change the whole game -- some even change the storyline.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 09:50 AM       
Star Fox 64 3D. I still got it after all these years. Unlocked Expert in only a few playthroughs. The graphics are so fucking pretty.

The Wolf
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i love the mods too. I don't play it without mods

at first i just used weapon mods to make the enemies actually die when they get shot in the head. Then i tried those alife mods. Really make it more fun.. there's a few that completely change the whole game -- some even change the storyline.
Yeah, the gun thing really put me off, initially. I snuck up on this old building filled with enemies, and had to put two clips into a guy before he finally keeled over. Then I got a shotgun from one of my dead allies, which was great, but even that seemed pretty weak. I mean, a blast from a sawed-off shotgun should cut right through a guy in a rain jacket.

BANNED

Old Sep 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM       
yea that really pissed me off and totally ruined the experience for me.
I think LURK has a weapon mod so its probably a good one to start off with.
only thing about weapon mods is that it makes you die faster too :O until you get combat armor or something :O i remember finding a stash of like 2 really good combat armors and after that i just rocked a shotgun with slugs and killed everybody.
Lingonberry pancakes
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
yea that really pissed me off and totally ruined the experience for me.
I think LURK has a weapon mod so its probably a good one to start off with.
only thing about weapon mods is that it makes you die faster too :O until you get combat armor or something :O i remember finding a stash of like 2 really good combat armors and after that i just rocked a shotgun with slugs and killed everybody.
Yeah, In LURK you only need one shot to the head, or 1-2 in the torso area (if they are not wearing bodyarmor). Another cool feature is, that sometimes the enemies receive a fatal gutshot that doesn't kill them right away. They're bleeding for a while and trying to limp away before they die.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 05:08 AM       
I´ve crossed the sewers in Dead Island and heck, the game get´s a lot harder once you reach the city but I really like it that way. What I don´t like is that I never have enough money to keep my weapons maintained properly.
One funny thing I actually agree on with a friend of mine...the game is more fun offline without coop-buddies. It´s nice to play with them but most of the enviroment seems to be built for one player only and the whole atmosphere is gone once you go online of course...

I also got my copy of Space Marine the other day and played that for a bit too. Solid but immensly stupid in both gameplay and story but that´s to be expected of a warhammer game I guess. Which doesn´t mean I don´t like the game, it´s pretty fun, even the Multiplayer is kinda okay so far. Takes forever to level though and you have to get to level 4 before you can customize anything. What I like about it though is that you can steal your killer´s equipment, so if some highlevel asshole kills you, you can get the same stuff he hast...until you die again.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 08:28 PM       
Just about finished with Shadows of the Damned. Good game, even though it is pretty short. Really could've used a new game+ mode, what with a single playthrough being around 6-7 hours. Still, I did laugh at how many different takes there are of Steve Blum saying, "Taste my big boner!"

Started up Dynasty Warriors 7 the other night. I like the new changes, particularly the ability to equip different weapons at any time so you don't wind up stuck with anything crappy.

Lingonberry pancakes
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM       
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Never played it, and decided to give it a whirl when I saw it on sale in Steam. I googled a few essential mods to improve the gameplay and graphics. Weird game. Everything seems very static and fake, NPC AI is pretty bad, there are too many useless dungeons and there aren't that many intresting quests, but somehow i'm extremely addicted. I like stealing shit from peoples houses when they sleep and the Dark Brotherhood missions were awesome. Despite all it's flaws, a pretty good game.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:35 AM       
Once I beat the dark brotherhood missions my interest dropped fast.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:50 AM       
What´s it with Dead Island. Everytime I get to a new setting, it´s still beautiful and creates a great mood. Even the Jungle which I thought would suck is really cool. And Dr. West is there so we´re all set I guess.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 06:45 PM       
Started my second playthrough of Deus Ex, the asshole playthrough. Whereas before I was nice and did everything good, this time I'm a dick to everyone. I killed all the cops in detroit and sold their weapons. So now I'm about to head to china with 35k in credits. Don't know why I took the time to pick up a weapon, run it to the guy, sell, then run back so many times, as money really isn't too useful in the game. But it was fun amassing a fortune before I even get very far. And seeing all the dead cops laying around the streets is so funny. The civilians are all scared of me too as I walk by.

Spoilers!
drifting in the void
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 01:36 AM       
Finished Dead Island. Act 4 feels rushed and the enviroment is stupid but the other three make up for that. Very unclean programming, feels like a PC game most of the time but it´s still the best Zombie game you can get.