pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
James Bond + Indiana Jones = mega boners time

Fucking love tales from the hood

Me and my roommate would constantly be like "AHHH YES, THE SHIT!"
Can someone help me out, I remember a similar movie to Tales from the Hood where an young basketball player is murdered by his father and has his feet cut off so he would fit in a coffin, only to come back to life later and control his separated feet to kill the man.

I had thought it was a part of Tales of the Hood, but after rewatching it, I found out it wasn't. Anyone have any clue?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM       
I believe you're thinking of Tales from the Crypt: Episode 212 "Fitting Punishment"
pickled
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM       
Wow, thanks. I have no idea how I got that confused with a story for Tales from the Hood. Must have been the whole mortician angle.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM       
No, it's because the show used nothing but black actors for this story when the only black people it had up until this one were a pimp, a whore, and a voodoo priestess.
pickled
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM       
It is a really great episode, though. I've just started watching it on youtube.

Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM       
The Powerpuff Girls Movie
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:59 PM       
Watching fear. Never seen it before. Mark wahlburg fingerbangs reese witherspoon on a register. Then mark goes also crazy but still badass as shit.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM       
True Grit

Despite all the accolades and great reviews it didn't manage to let me down. Not the greatest film i've seen but a pretty damn good one. James Brolin did a great job in the limited time he had and Matt Damon was actually like able for once.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:01 AM       
i like how he talks once he bites his tongue

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM       
last hurrah for chivalry
this movie is awesome how had i not seen this one yet? what i like about this one is that there are fights almost constantly. it's not like other wuxias in which they sometimes spend a bit too much time on plot progression and character development. this one is basically "hey you owe me money" "i'm not going to give it to you!" [fight ensues] -SCENE-
"that's a nice sword." "thanks i use it to do this" [fight ensues] -SCENE-

opera (dario argento)
definitely the type of silly slasher film that has you shouting "just leave the house/just call the police/etc." like a jackass. also silly italian iron maiden rip-offs come nowhere close to the awesome power of GOBLIN, sorry dario.

project a, dragon lord, island of fire
lumping these together because they're all jackie chan/sammo hung/yuen biao/mars movies and they're all equally as awesome being so.

the myth (jackie chan)
to be fair we only watched this one because project a-2 wouldn't load and we didn't feel like re-watching who am i? but i'd much rather see jackie fight in a small barn than in front of a green screen. too much budget and too little substance, but the dude is old as fuck and puts so much into his movies, so whatever. it wasn't bad, just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Watching fear. Never seen it before. Mark wahlburg fingerbangs reese witherspoon on a register. Then mark goes also crazy but still badass as shit.
haha i just remember the scene with the dog.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM       
The first time I saw True Grit, three obese slugs sat in front of me talking all the way through it, rustling their wrappers, and not once but twice the one person's phone rang. I thought she had turned it off after the first time but then it rang five minutes later. All through this, I didn't realise but I was developing a flu. I was freezing cold and just thought the air conditioning was up really high, but by later that night I was in bed, fully clothed, shivering and wishing I was dead.

The second time I watched it was on a shitty ancient DVD player and the disc kept skipping and going out of synch.

Despite all of this, I thoroughly enjoyed it both times.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 10:17 PM       
I watched O Brother Where Art Thou again. Usually when I catch it on TV it's already up to the flood scene, and I wanted to just sit down and watch the whole thing. I love the soundtrack.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 10:54 AM       
one time i came home and my cancer-ridden mother was sitting in the living room, in the dark, listening to that soundtrack. at that point, it was on ralph stanley's rendition of "o death." pleasant! i love the john hartford instrumentals on that album though.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 02:21 PM       
I'm not big on hymns, but I really love "O Come Angel Band"
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Watched Heartbreak Ridge. Another great Eastwood flick
I've seen it once, but I remember it was stupid as hell. Eastwood is always cool, but the rest of the movie was just bad. It's been a decade since I saw it, so I might be wrong.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM       
Rooster Cogburn.

I dunno. I mean, it's sort of an attempt to stretch out the True Grit thing with a female lead old enough to be a noncreepy love interest. Still avenging a murdered father, still more manly than womanly, and so on. It's the only time that John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn ever appeared together and it's like his second-to-last movie or something, so I guess if you're into westerns you should watch it just to watch it.

I thought Jeff Bridges played a better drunk Rooster Cogburn than John Wayne did, but that's just me.

Have you ever noticed that people with healthy eyes who wear eyepatches inevitably curl their lips on the side with the patch? Maybe they feel like they need to hold the patch on with their cheek.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 12:06 AM       
"The Basketball Diaries". Loved the novel, couldn't stand the over the top 90s-ness of the film adaptation. All of the performances seemed vaguely on the verge of hysterics for me. The whole thing felt like a Lifetime Original Movie.

Also, Leonardo DiCaprio was too pretty to play a convincing junkie.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 09:04 AM       
The Owl and the Sparrow. Predictable but sweet movie. A little Vietnamese girl flees her mean uncle's sweatshop and runs off to Saigon. While there, she is befriended by street urchins and told how to make money to survive...first by selling postcards on the street, then by becoming a "flower girl"...(sort of like a pimp-prostitute setup, only she's wearing a school uniform and selling flowers and turning all the money over to the "flower lady"). She befriends a sad zookeeper who's stalking his ex, then she befriends a lonely flight attendant who can't find the right guy, and so of course she has to bring them together. The amazing thing is that she secures this new life for herself in five days.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM       
"Following Sean". It was a good premise but it sort of rambled and took forever. It could easily have been 45 minutes shorter.

It was about the making of the documentary "Sean", which was a series of interviews of a 4 year old growing up with hippie parents in the Haight-Ashbury in...I think 1969. "Following Sean" was supposed to be a continuation, checking back in with him, seeing what he was like as an adult.

Except it sort of meandered and became more about the filmmaker. Would have been fine, but it could've been done differently...I think the filmmaker ultimately talked more about himself than the subject of the documentary, and to me it came off as a little gratuitous.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM       
Watched the movie "Stuck", about a guy who gets trapped in a windshield after a woman runs him over while high/drunk. She leaves him in the garage to die and he has to escape. Despite how boring the premise sounds, it's actually really really good.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM       
That kind of sounds like that "Thanks for the ride, lady" from...what was that, like the first Creepshow or the second?