Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:40 PM       
haha, yeah. but i'm the son of a hoarder. and i'm going to marry a hoarder, who is the daughter of a hoarder. i want to do what i can to remedy that, at least as much as i can.

also today i had to clean a spiderweb out of the bottom of my ghosts n goblins cart.

but i've been holding on to some of these games for 20 years. that's long enough!

though most of them i bought in 2004 and i only bought the cheap ones, so i have garbage-crap.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:51 PM       
I have caught myself buying a lot of shit that I don't need, but I can't get myself to sell them. For example, I own some games I never play (or hate the fucking game in the first place) but the collector's special edition whatever was so shiny and pretty that I just had to have it. Especially if it was cheap. I own the collector's edition of Fable III and it's a horrible fucking game. But goddamn, the box looks cool on my shelf.

Maybe i'll sell my collection someday, but I doubt it. I'm too attached to those useless things.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM       
i'm not one for collector's edition things. i don't know.

i collect weird things for a while and then get rid of them. this usually happens with rocks. haha.

also i checked my nes games against some current price chart. the total (for 50 games) is 77 dollars. highest value - battletoads (11.99). second highest - batman: return of the joker (11.50). third - tie: castlevania/gargoyle's quest ii (10.50)
so four games are worth 45 dollars. that means the other 46 come to approximately 32 dollars. nice.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
i'm too ADD to watch movies by myself and i've never been friends with people who like stuff i like.
I'll probably never buy a movie on DVD. I just don't care about them that much. But shit man full series' of great shows on my shelf? Awesome.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM       
i don't like tv enough! haha.

i think the only shows i have on dvd are UCB s1+2 and all four seasons of a bit of fry and laurie.

(but my girlfriend has and thus i have like every futurama and dr. katz and home movies and i don't even know what else)
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM       
I have roughly 150 legit cds and probably 200 or so bootleg and I have no intentions of ever selling them. I haven't bought a cd in over 2 years and mainly use my Zune (yeah that's right) through the aux port in my car for music but I just won't part with them. When I was a kid I loved going through my parents huge record collection and because of that I discovered artists like Robin Trower. so I guess my hope is that whenever I find a woman to shit out kids maybe they'll go through my old cd booklet and marvel at the entire discography of Three 6 Mafia/Hypnotize Minds/Prophet Posse. Or maybe they'll just scratch them up for the hell of it. Either way cds are our generations' records, IMO.

As for DVDs, I used to have around 200 or so but 2 years ago I sold all but about 40 (the true classics like T2, Beetlejuice, Weekend at Bernies, King Ralph, etc. ). Recently though I've been pondering getting rid of all of them as Netflix has pretty much made my dvds useless. And whatever Netflix doesn't have I just bootleg from a torrent.
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:06 PM       
yeah i guess. but my kids are going to be so fucked up anyway. i don't think they'll have a problem being exposed to the stupid music their parents listened to, haha.

i still have a lot of records. maybe someday when i'm at my dad's house and go through and see what's worth selling of those.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 01:09 AM       
Have you converted these to your ipod first?
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:02 AM       
in like 2007 yeah

not many of them are still on there though
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM       
Well then ya better start convertin' them files bud!
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM       
nooooo ideleted them onpurpose!!!
the great Troll Caper
JohnnyLurg is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 09:05 AM       
I know it sounds crazy, but I predict that 40-50 years from now, there will be another CD revolution and CDs will become valuable and pricy once more.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM       
Few years back I sold 100+ cd's on ebay. I just went to the post office and got a bunch of those flat rate priority mail boxes, packed them with cd's and sold them in bulk lots and put a $15 fee to ship them. I didn't make a whole lot of money, the most I made on a single lot was a little over $50, but I just wanted to free up space. I guess I currently have around 1700 cd's, maybe? Probably more.