Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 05:40 PM        Waiting in line with idiots.
I used to hate this when I first started work at the hospital and had to deal with people as they came in the door. I'd be talking to someone with chest pains and another person would sidle up and interrupt because they "just have a quick question". They always thought it was perfectly fine to create an alternate line...as in, "Don't you see the real line is over here and I'm next?" It was fucking rampant.

Earlier this week I had to stand in line at a local government office that is really badly run because no one there gives a shit. You walk in the door, if you're lucky enough to make it all the way in the door, and there's this massive line. After waiting in line 20 or 30 minutes, you come to a sign with a printout reading, "STOP! Wait here until you are called." You look up to see three windows, all behind protective bars because they know you want to kill them. They're marked "1", "2" and "3", but there's never anyone at the last two windows.

So you wait, and in a perfect world they call "next" and you step up and that's your turn. Except that the line ends in front of unmanned window #2, and window #1 is in a blank space facing the waiting room. So what usually happens is you wait for half an hour only to have some random asshole step right up to the window in front of you because they "didn't see" that there was a line.

When I went earlier, that's exactly what happened. The lady knew damn well there was a line, she just played stupid and cut in front of everyone. The person behind the counter doesn't give a rat's ass who they serve, so they never say anything.

Today I had to go again and the exact same fucking thing happened, four times. Two people cut in front of people I was waiting behind, then a third called out, "I am!" when they said "who's next?" and they took him. Then a woman behind me started poking the woman she was with and whispering, "You just have paperwork to turn in. Just go up to the window. Just go up." We ALL had paperwork to turn in, bitch!

If you tell them not to cut in line, they just stare blankly. I tried that. Everyone thinks that they're important enough to pass everyone else. I fucking hate that place.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM       
Just do what they do.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM       
I refuse to lower myself to their level. I'd rather someone be standing off to one side with a flamethrower to take care of them as they step up to the window.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM       
DMV is even worse to wait in line at.
DMX isn't so bad.
DMB is so bad.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM       
KITSA YOU JUST NEED TO FUCKING MAN UPPPPPPP.

DMC IS PRETTY EPIC
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM       
If you ever have to call that same office and don't want to sit through the automated bullshit, just press the wrong number when prompted, do this three times. The system will classify you as a dumbass that can't work a phone and connect you to an operator immedeatly.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM       
Calling there is simple because they never answer the phone ever. One time I called in a congresswoman to help me, because it was a government office, and they didn't even pick up the phone for her. She got super-pissed and my problem was resolved very quickly after that, but unfortunately whatever she did didn't last.

These are the wide-assed Government Job office types who know that their job is secure no matter what they do, they have nice pay, pension and vacation, so they do as they damn well please.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM       
I like to make appointments, unless it's an emergency.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM       
You have to stand in line to make an appointment.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM       
No, you have to wait in line. Tadao & I are idiots and just walk right in.
The Unicorn
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:16 PM       
Hahaha Kitsa is the only one who waits in line.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM       
Handrails are full of germs :yuck
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM       
There are no handrails and that's part of the problem.

The Social Security Office here actually has an armed guard by the window in case anyone goes batshit.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM       
What's wierd is that every SS office I go to here in LA, the security guard tells people what line to go in and how to operate the ticket machine. In fact, you can't do anything without seeing him/her first.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:36 PM       
Ours is a dismal, grimy purgatory of screaming children, hardbitten young women texting or covertly smoking, and random old men who aren't as oblivious as they pretend to be.

There is no ticket machine.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM       
Maybe you should move to a civilized place.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 11:21 PM       
Maybe you should just NOT do whatever it is you were doing there.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 12:39 AM       
I recommend you buy a handgun and a lot of whiskey for the next time you go. If the lines don't clear up when you come swaggering in, haphazardly swinging a Python around, nothing will.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 01:10 AM       
That sucks.

All I can think of is, if people try to cut you again, stay calm and then pretend you suddenly feel sick and talk loudly about how you're going to throw up. That might deter people from getting in front of you.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM       
Move to Texas. We dont fuck around here. The most I have ever waited at the DMV is 20 min. There is no line. Just a ticket machine and a bunch of chairs facing a TV. Yeah there is usually shit on but it beats standing around the idiots around you. SS office here is about the same, but much bigger and cleaner.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
Your town needs a ticket machine
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM       
America sounds like some kind of crazy third world country. Here in England we take queueing about as seriously as the law - possibly more so.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 02:22 PM       
I've always wondered if that is really true. I bet you guys right books on how to que properly.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 02:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Move to Texas. We dont fuck around here. The most I have ever waited at the DMV is 20 min. There is no line. Just a ticket machine and a bunch of chairs facing a TV. Yeah there is usually shit on but it beats standing around the idiots around you. SS office here is about the same, but much bigger and cleaner.
It's the same way here around Detroit. Everyone just sits quietly, awkwardly sharing glances with the dirty war vet sitting across from them, silently praying for either of their numbers to be called.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 10:37 PM       
eh, i don't have enough energy to explain to you how to solve your own problems.