Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2005, 07:17 PM        Screenshots from video files? (mpegs, .mov, .wmv, etc.)
Does anybody know of a program that can capture screenshots from video files such as mpegs, .mov, or .wmv files? Whenever I simply hit the Printscreen button while playing a video file and try to import it into Photoshop or some other program, it simply doesn't work.

Slinky Ferret is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:26 AM       
Google is your friend:

Way 1: Turning down hardware acceleration

1.Go to the Start Menu and select Settings->Control Panel.
2.From the list view, select Display Properties and select the last page titled Settings.
3.Find the Advanced button and then choose Troubleshooting.
4.There you will find a slider control for hardware acceleration. Move that slider to None, then click OK button.

This should allow you to use print screen, but some fast forwarding options might not function correctly.

Way 2: BSPlayer

www.bsplayer.org

BSPlayer is THE best movie player hands down. It works better with codecs than WMP or Winamp, supports a variety of file types, and has many extra features. I really suggest you use this player even if you don't need it for taking screenshots.

To take a screenshot, all you have to do is press "p". This will put the screenshot in your BSPlayer folder.

Way 3: Fraps

http://fraps.com/download.htm

Fraps collects your FPS, takes screenshots, and records video of your game.The screenshot feature works well with movies. Just press F10 to take a screenshot, and it will end up in your fraps directory.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:12 PM       
that or open one movie player start playing a movie, then open a 2nd. this disables overlay on the 2nd player and you should beable to cap it with the print screen button
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:18 PM       
As for .mov, Quicktime has a built-in screengrab option. You can grab a shot, or get a whole collection of every frame from the file (DO NOT DO THIS EVER)
CosmoToad is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 10:35 PM       
youre print screen button exploded didn't it!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 10:44 PM       
i believe virtual dub can screen-cap mpegs/movs, and if you get an older version of it you can also do .wmv (later versions disabled wmv support because the guy didn't want to get sued)
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
You can also export frames in Adobe Premiere, which I think I remember you maybe having. Or at least we discussed it at one point.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM       
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:17 pm
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM       
God damn it, frog boy.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:41 PM       
oh shit i didnt even notice that
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:48 PM       
Bunch of ass kissers.
OH GOD
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 10:31 PM       
who are you talking to i don't give otu technical help to kiss ass i give out technical help because it gives me a feeling fo superiority
OH GOD
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 10:32 PM       
whoops did i say that out loud
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 10:50 PM       
Jesus CosmoToad, JESUS