Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM       
thsi sin't so much about jews and arabs (well it is in THIS area in question) it's about Jews and Wahabi Islam. This particular denomination includes racism against jews in it's main doctrine.

Not all Arabs hate jews, but any TRUE follower of Wahabi islaam is in their doctrine anti-semitic, just like any fundamentalist christian believes in the virgin birth, it's a fundament of the faith. I would like to point out there is a HUGe difference between Wahabi and traditional islaam. I'm also not quite sure why that mouthpiece for the alabama based Nation of islam is so racist but i doubt its a fundament of nation of islam, just that that guy is an asshole.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:36 PM       
Before it was Islamic supremacism it was Marxist Pan-Arabism - the constant theme is a form of antisemitic Nazism, and it's no secret where it's coming from or who promotes it. Silence equals guilt, and there are few people willing to defend the rights of Jews to simply EXIST.

Quote:
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...EL.3d89c1.html
BREAKING NEWS:
One dead, at least five injured in shooting at Jewish Federation in Seattle

06:26 PM PDT on Friday, July 28, 2006
KING5.com and Wire Reports
Video
Raw video shows chaotic scene
Victims flee building
More ... Custom Video ...
SEATTLE – One person has been killed and at least five others have been injured in a shooting at the Jewish Federation at 2031 Third Ave. in downtown Seattle. One suspect has been taken into custody.

Police took one person into custody and said he surrendered peacefully. Seattle police spokesman Rich Pruitt said police are confident that only one shooter was involved.

Sources told KING 5 the suspect is a 31-year-old Pakistani man with a criminal background. He is from the Pasco but his citizenship is unknown. Officials are on the way to the Pasco to interview his family.

According to the Seattle Times, a man got through security at the Jewish Federation and told staff members, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," then began shooting, according to Amy Wasser-Simpson, the vice president for planning and community services for the Jewish Federation.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 06:56 AM       
i never really understood anti-semitism. redneck christians who know nothing of theology say "duh they killed Jesus" Muslims say " that's OUR land, stop fighting back" Why do people hate jews anyway?
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 09:57 PM       
aside from believing fosters means beer, Australians also believe peace means rock throwing, and Crocodile hunter means good watching.

SYDNEY - Prime Minister John Howard was mobbed and police clashed with Hezbollah supporters and other anti-Israel protesters in the west coast Australian city of Perth on Saturday.

Howard’s car was damaged by demonstrators as he left a meeting. Around 200 protesters waving Lebanese and Palestinian flags and shouting “we want peace” punched, kicked and threw projectiles at the vehicle as police struggled to keep order.

Police wrestled protesters to the ground and there was at least one arrest.

Protest organizer Muhammad el-Khatib said that he had family in Lebanon and that the Australian government should try and broker a ceasefire.

“There are mothers watching their children die,” el-Khatib told Australia’s AAP news agency. “Hezbollah is protecting Lebanon, they are freedom fighters not terrorists.” (my note: freedom from what? Israelis got sick of watching their children die at the hands of terrorsits. Hezballah is a disease thatis RUINING lebanon and may cost the state it's sovereignity.)

The military wing of Hezbollah is banned in Australia but the political organization is not.

The current crisis was sparked when Hezbollah launched a cross- border raid July 12 in which eight Israeli soldiers were killed and two abducted.

Australia, a close ally of the United States, has been supportive of Israel’s right to defend itself.

Defence Minister Brendan Nelson said last week that Israel faced a threat to its existence from Hezbollah and Hamas, the militant Palestinian movement, which both receive support from Iran and Syria.

“It’s very important that Australians appreciate, no matter how affronted we are by what Israel is doing, that they are dealing with Hezbollah and Hamas, who are committed to the abolition of Israel as a state,” the defence minister said.

Along with the US, Australia has urged that long-term problems be addressed and has not called for a ceasefire.

“We should feel enormous sympathy for the everyday Lebanese person,” Nelson said. “We should also feel some sympathy for the Lebanese government. But at the moment let us hope an appropriate longstanding resolution comes to this conflict. We can’t afford to have a situation where band-aids are being applied to it again.”
Mocker

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 04:17 AM       
They're supporting a fascist fundamentalist organization that proudly waves AK-47's on their flag. If that's what their "peace movement" stands behind, then we shouldn't be shocked when they resort to violent means.

Do they realize that by default this makes them Pro- ethnic cleansing of Jews, Druze, and Kurds, Pro-religious oppression, Pro- child abuse, Pro-totalitarianism, Pro-gender, and sexuality oppression, Pro-hate indoctrinization, Pro-Imperialism, Pro-Holy War, pro-World War, Pro-idiot !??!
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 07:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
They're supporting a fascist fundamentalist organization that proudly waves AK-47's on their flag. If that's what their "peace movement" stands behind, then we shouldn't be shocked when they resort to violent means.

Do they realize that by default this makes them Pro- ethnic cleansing of Jews, Druze, and Kurds, Pro-religious oppression, Pro- child abuse, Pro-totalitarianism, Pro-gender, and sexuality oppression, Pro-hate indoctrinization, Pro-Imperialism, Pro-Holy War, pro-World War, Pro-idiot !??!
they are australian.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:00 AM       
Quote:
Howard’s car was damaged by demonstrators as he left a meeting. Around 200 protesters waving Lebanese and Palestinian flags and shouting “we want peace” punched, kicked and threw projectiles at the vehicle as police struggled to keep order.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:01 PM       
Now here's an interesting thing on the bombing in Canaa of Galillee. Reports indicate the building collapsed at 8:00 AM. The bombs hit it at 1:00 AM. after drones spotted Hezballah troops going in.

Was there a battle afterwards that i don't know about? Cause 7 hours afterwards is a little odd. I'm guessing most of the people died in the collapse not the bombing. Isn't it odd? Might a fire battle have done the final structural damage like a stray grenade? Or did everyone assume it was safe to go back in for the night and stay in the basement for safety and it collapsed in the morning?

Well it is being investigated.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 03:57 PM       
Don't be stupid. This just proves that Dick Cheney planted explosives in the building. Then, the head of Pakistan's intelligence went to Lebanon so he could personally hit the detonator. You can see the proof in a picture of a shirtless dude with a gimp mask standing in the building before it collapsed. Israel shelling the ever loving fuck out of the area was just a cover.

Be careful of what you hear and read.
Mocker

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:34 PM       
At least those Hezzballah folks aren't resorting to exploiting civilians in death or anything.....

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/200...ilking-it.html

(warning, graphic photos)
Mocker
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 09:50 AM       
I think there is something suspicious about the time of the strike and the time of the building collapse, but to speculate on what may have been in the building at this point would be just that....speculation. Rest assured that Hezbollah will probably make it as difficult as possible to actually conduct a serious investigation. They have their new pic for their T-Shirts, and they won't jeopardize that.

Also on Qana-- Ralph Peters of the NY Post has a good piece today on the failure of air war. It really is a crap shoot though, b/c if they use precision bombs sold to them by the U.$., well then they are trying to blow up children (gimme the logic in that sort of reasoning). If they send a massive ground offensive, go door to door, innocent people will die. The civilian casualties will go up b/c Hezbollah is hiding amongst them. More troops will also die.

No matter what the circumstances in Qana, it's horrible and tragic. But this doesn't change the fact that what at the very worst is a horrible, horrible mistake on the part of the IAF is not the norm in the way they have conducted this war. They have used targeted bombings that have now, according to reports, disabled 2/3 of Hezbollah's rocket launching capability. Folks might want to keep in mind (b/c the media seems to be having a hard time with it) that this was started by hezbollah, and if all that comes of this is a prisoner swap with a terrorist politcal party, than the tragedy in Qana will really have been a tragedy.

The "question about terrorism," really being wouldn't you hurt innocent people if you felt cornered, is a moot one. Even though Hezbollah has limited capabilities (although not nearly to the degree often portrayed), they are trying their hardest to take out as many innocents as possible. They fill their rockets with ball bearings and shrapnel, all with the intention of specifically TARGETING innocent lives in northern Israel. Israel has dropped fliers, alerted the press, made phone calls, and given warnings days in advance.

Despite the way the enemy and our own shameful Left will paint this, this was not an invasion on Israel's part. Israel will push back Hezbollah, and hopefully destroy them. As crass as it may sound, it isn't Israel's responsibility to care about what people in Lebanon, Syria, Iran, or even in the UN think of them. If they cared about those things, they would still find themselves engaged in perpetual war (since no condemnation of Israel ever seems to follow with a plan to deal with terrorism and acts of war against Israel).

one side gives warnings days in advance, and uses targeted bombings. The other loads sharp oblects and strip metal into their rockets in order to maximize suffering. That is your choice.
Mocker
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 11:56 AM       
I also think it's important to touch upon my old favorite in these matters, and that's perspective.

Take for example what two pundits are saying about Israel's war with Hezbollah. For starters, you have Richard Cohen, a liberal, a critic of war, and yes, a Jew:

LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cohen
A constant state of war makes a country mad. It unnerves it, unhinges it --which is what happened here after 9/11. You only have to read the Israeli press to get a sense of the fury, the anger, the hurt of a people who see their enemy lurking among civilians, their weapons placed in and among children -- and feel the wrath of the world for hitting back. The strike into Lebanon has almost universal support in Israel, the most contentious of all societies, because of a deep and justifiable sense of grievance. What more can it do? What else will be asked of it? Who picked this fight, anyway?

The world has a responsibility here. If it can no longer put up with Israeli excess, with its (understandable) policy to strike back disproportionately, then it has to put an end to the slow bleeding of that country. The world -- the U.N. -- created Israel. It ought to safeguard it. It is the only way.

Israel pulled out of Lebanon in 2000. It pulled out of Gaza last year. It was making plans to pull out of most of the West Bank. Still, the suicide bombings continue, the rockets keep coming down and soldiers get kidnapped, maybe never to be returned. Yet the world, appalled at what it can see on television and untroubled by what it cannot, has had it with Israel. Mel Gibson would understand.
Contrast that with the opinion of Pat Buchanan, a conservative, an America 1ster, and frankly an anti-semite:

LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Buchanan
Within 48 hours, it was apparent Israel was exploiting Hezbollah's attack to execute a preconceived military plan to destroy Lebanon -- i.e, the collective punishment of a people and nation for the crimes of a renegade militia they could not control. It was the moral equivalent of a municipal police going berserk, shooting, killing and ravaging an African-American community, because Black Panthers had ambushed and killed cops.

If Israel is not in violation of the principle of proportionality, by which Christians are to judge the conduct of a just war, what can that term mean? There are 600 civilian dead in Lebanon, 19 in Israel, a ratio of 30-1, though Hezbollah is firing unguided rockets, while Israel is using precision-guided munitions.
(NOTE: The black panther comment is humorous, if not striking, because urban police departments indeed DID do precisely what he said. But since Buchanan's take on the current conflict involving Jews is so off, I can hardly hold his history accountable when it comes to a bunch of blacks he could probably give two shits about)

The United States has the option here to stand with Israel not merely for the preservation of a Jewish state, but for a liberal democracy (primarily secular), surrounded by totalitarianism.

Who's right, those who fight on, and grieve when they error as in Qana, or those who celebrate the massacres in Qana? Just b/c hezbollah is too inept to actually hit the children of Haifa doesn't mean they wouldn't like to, and if they could, they'd do it again and again and again....
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 01:33 PM       
Quote:
grieve when they error
what a comfort that must be to the lebanese.

Have you noticed its almost entirely you and abcd posting on this board these days? Ever consider why?
Mocker
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 01:42 PM       
Well, that frankly isn't true, but even if it were I'd say it's because people like you don't actually put together a solid argument. So you're instead relegated to making snide, cut-n-run sort of remarks.

Sound about right?
Mocker

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 05:50 PM       
Dole, you just make some random post every couple weeks and run for cover. If there's anything you disagree with, then say it. Your inability to respond with a counterpoint just tells me it's becoming harder for you to disagree with us.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
You stop them. You make them understand that violent actions, especially against civilians, carry violent consequences. You teach them a lesson, and maybe they'll learn not to elect radicals and homicidal maniacs into power (if the vote is even something they have extended to them).
THAT's the War on Terror. Any talk of "proportionate response" is just ridiculous in a discussion of Israel's reaction to terrorism. At this point, Israelis have shown a tremendous amount of patience for the bleeding hearts of the world, like ziggy, that for some reason keep insisting that a "cease fire" means peace. At this point, Israel has, despite the enormous Israeli body count required to do so, proven land for peace doesn't work because their opponents prefer death and slavery to land OR peace or anything else.

I'll be among the last to approve of any innocent person's death for any reason. Anyone dying in service as a human shield right now is not an innocent, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but includes the folks that died in the Qana incident. Those that are dying while waiting in line to apply for a police job in Iraq or Afghanistan I consider to be inocent, and the Jews aren't the ones killing them.

Eventually, those that would use terror to influence politics will be made to realize that tactic just doesn't work anymore. God forbid they adopt Democracy as their next tactic. Isn't it noce for the innocents of the world that after Fascism, Nazism, Marxism, Terrorism and all those other "-isms" Kevin was talking about Democracy and all it's inherent freedoms are about the only viable option left?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 08:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Dole, you just make some random post every couple weeks and run for cover. If there's anything you disagree with, then say it. Your inability to respond with a counterpoint just tells me it's becoming harder for you to disagree with us.
Zing
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:08 PM       
Quote:
Well, that frankly isn't true, but even if it were I'd say it's because people like you don't actually put together a solid argument. So you're instead relegated to making snide, cut-n-run sort of remarks.

Sound about right?
I dunno from tiem to time i post stories and get my neck sore nodding in agreement with those two. I was amazed to learn i was wrong about the minimum wage thing when we saw the studies.
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM       
if only the hezballah war machine was as good as their popaganda machine.

If you believe their reports they've taken down an israeli helicopter, collapsed a building with IDF troops hiding in it, killed 35 isaelis in one battle and just last week sunk a battleship with 350 people on it that doesn't even exist.

Do these guys work for Geraldo or what? That and reports of "dude we are like totally winning this war"

The ad thing is how many news sites have had to retrat those stories after they realized that they were bogus. Or as it's called now pulling a new york times.
=======

Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM       
Did you get that book yet?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Quote:
You stop them. You make them understand that violent actions, especially against civilians, carry violent consequences. You teach them a lesson, and maybe they'll learn not to elect radicals and homicidal maniacs into power (if the vote is even something they have extended to them).
THAT's the War on Terror. Any talk of "proportionate response" is just ridiculous in a discussion of Israel's reaction to terrorism. At this point, Israelis have shown a tremendous amount of patience for the bleeding hearts of the world, like ziggy, that for some reason keep insisting that a "cease fire" means peace. At this point, Israel has, despite the enormous Israeli body count required to do so, proven land for peace doesn't work because their opponents prefer death and slavery to land OR peace or anything else.

I'll be among the last to approve of any innocent person's death for any reason. Anyone dying in service as a human shield right now is not an innocent, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but includes the folks that died in the Qana incident. Those that are dying while waiting in line to apply for a police job in Iraq or Afghanistan I consider to be inocent, and the Jews aren't the ones killing them.

Eventually, those that would use terror to influence politics will be made to realize that tactic just doesn't work anymore. God forbid they adopt Democracy as their next tactic. Isn't it noce for the innocents of the world that after Fascism, Nazism, Marxism, Terrorism and all those other "-isms" Kevin was talking about Democracy and all it's inherent freedoms are about the only viable option left?
Tell that to the marxist and islamist rebels in the philipines. Sometimes democracy doesn't work as it should and they erroneously believe communism or an islamic republic is the answer. Of course i think the current financial situation there is not due to democracy but really bad business and not enough free enterprise. the fast food workers have to sign a 6 month contract and the unemployment rate is 50%. If you want more jobs make it easier to run a business and hire people. They aren't lazy over there they just have a lack of oppertunity and to much government red tape.

Communism is only gonna make it worse and an islamic republic is just completely unrelated to the subject at hand.

No matter what you belief, terrorism is not going to achieve your goals (unless your the PLO, they seem to get all they want that way)
=======

Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM       
Did you check the library?

Mocker
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 10:58 AM       
Zombie Time has become my new favorite website....

All class.

The chant they had going on was cool, too:

(Man repeatedly giving Nazi salute.)
"We don't care what you say,
intifada all the way
We don't care what you say,
Hezbollah all the way
We don't care what you say,
Hezbollah all the way
Palestine will be free
Palestine will be free
From the river to the sea
From the river to the sea
Palestine will be free
Palestine will be free..."
Mocker
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM       
And this is encouraging, from a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne FeinStein
Dianne Feinstein: "I am very proud to be here today to join with you as we stand in support and solidarity with the state of Israel. The United States and Israel have been staunch allies now for over 50 years. We share common values: freedom, democracy, the rule of law. And time after time we have rallied to each other's side in defense of our values.
Let there be no doubt: Israel was subjected to unprovoked, unjustified attacks from terrorists on both the north and southern borders. Remember, it was Israel that pulled out of Lebanon. Remember, it was Israel that pulled out of Gaza, that brought her people out, that dismantled the synagogues, that moved out thousands of people from Gaza. And the result on both the north and the south have been rocket attacks. Rocket attacks from Lebanon, and rocket attacks from Gaza. Members of Hamas, that we, our country, designated a terrorist organization, penetrated a sovereign Israeli border, killed two Israeli soldiers, kidnapped another. Hezbollah, another designated terrorist organization, crossed Israel's border with Lebanon, killed eight Israeli soldiers, and took two others hostage. Both of these actions are clear acts of war.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM       
Were you discouraged?

I never really saw a whole heck of a lot of people saying Israel did not have the right to retaliate against Hezbollah or Hamas.

The problem Israel has is that a lot of their actions were being percieved as going further than targettign Hezbollah.

And the you've got the complaints of nobodies like me who worry that when the dust settles, the attitudes of both sides won't have changed one bit, and really nothing will have been done to fix the problem, beyond a temporary fix to the symptoms, which if taken too far will just worsen the underlying problem.