Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 03:38 AM        2007 SO FAR
allright i wouldnt normally think stuff like this should have a thread all to itself, but so far, we're looking at joke threads and music-o-the-moment superthreads that no one reads, so lets talk about the new and wonderful things of 2007 we've been getting excited about.

starting with mine seems the only logical next step
(in alphabetical order):

!!! - Myth Takes
critics always gave singer nic offer a bad time for his lyrics, but put behind hedonistic music like "must be the moon" it always seemed kind of pointless,a dn it was always more fun than bad. one of my favorite songs of this year, the rest of them arent that far behind. stuffed with ideas with far too many instruments going, their songs remain quick, sleazy, and compact and are a great improvement over their last album. this one is one of the stronger albums to play beginning to end, though the last track kinda makes it stumble at the finish line

Air - Pocket Symphony.
this one is pretty conflicting. inspired by the last take on "talkie walkie", 'lost in kyoto', they decided to make a whiole album chasing after that feeling that made sofia coppola put them in her movie. what results is a travel-sick album full of assured and simple songwriting that is either beautifully normal or infuriatingly mundane. just depends on the mood i guess.

Amiina - Kurr
Sigur ros stand-bys Amiina, a group of three women who build simple arrangements that follow linear layering of classical instruments, also require a lot of patience. they've abandoned the immediately emotional composition in favor of something sounding more quaint. it's either a more subtle record or simply an uninteresting one, but there is a door to understanding or dismissing them, and it's called "rugla". a clear standout of the album, it decides whether you'll be intrigued enough to keep listening or just shelve it as being "pretty enough"

Amon Tobin - Foley Room
after taking sampling basically to its limit on 'out from out where', tobin progressed into the not-so-novel territory of field recordings. this album, however, is astounding simply for tobin's sense of aesthetic behind the sounds he's recording and how his compositions turn them into something purely musical and not "hey look i can make a train sound musical innit rad". using a tactic that is almost never apparent, much like herbert's scale, may or may not defeat the purpose of using field recordings, but it's a fucking fine album full of sublime and visceral compositions that probably make it the best of his carreer.

Apparat - Walls
an arrested progression and a new direction in one. this album is a weird lil fucker that continues his trend of effete noise placing and listenable beats, but he sounds like he wants to make some real pop songs and not be so abstract. this results in some horrid vocal work, because germans have shit for taste when it comes to vocalists (haha, jk but not really), combined with some sweeping, huge sounding songs that could give M83 a run for its money. pretty intriguing, but i dont know if it's really a progression into better songwriting, and it might just fall into forgotten obscurity.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible.
hey, recognized that one, i bet. yes, i like the arcade fire. always have. while i dont think they're the second coming like the impossible wall of hype suggested, i do think this album is a lot better than "funeral" which has me super excited. i'm just a sucker for that ugly wide-eyed and fearful determination that infects almost all of their songs.

Battles - Mirrored
Warp moves in weird directions again. an instrumental band with a predilection for muppet sounding voices, cranky guitars, and combatively bouncy drums. it's a manic fucking album, not in the sense of lightning-bolt-speed, but in how ridiculously spastic and sugar-high-weird it continually ascends to. it's also pretty damn good.

Bjork - Volta
not much to say about this one yet. the leak was in kind of crappy quality, but it does sound extremely exciting. if you have any interest be ready to hate or love a song called "declare independence"

Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings
oh yeah, speaking of manic earlier, this one can be crowned the king and take the fucking cake home. he's crazy, maybe a bit indied out, but genuinely full of that crack-high he translates into song form. most will just think it's bullshit noise and fever, but there's a few fans here and there. one thing that's undeniable tho, and definitely another one of the best songs of 07, is that "wham city" is a fucking great 12 minute tune.

Do Make Say Think - You, You're a History in Rust
Mogwai caught a fair amount of flak for stripping down and forgetting to make routine 9 minute crescendo cracking tunes that memorialize the universe and all of mankind, which should have died after GYBE's "yanqui uxo". instead they made 5 minute tunes that may or may not have rocked but put melody paramount above everything, which honestly made "friend of the night" the best track of 06. do make say think, along with heavy influence from broken social scene, have driven out to country and made a gorgeous and pastoral album thats one of the warmest and most touching albums of the year so far. so it got widely dissed for going absolutely nowhere. to decide for yourself, download the track "a tender history in rust" and see if you want more.

Explosions in the Sky - All of a sudden i miss everyone
here's a band that wont surprise anyone. did you hear the last album? sounds a lot like that one. EITS, however, write amazing melodies to the point where i'm there strictly for that and i'm never disappointed. they can ascend and descend with all the appropriate bombast, but as long as they maintain that essential core of fucking great musicmanship, i couldnt care less.

The Field - From Here we Go Sublime
curveball of the year so far. will literally repeat a techno loop for 6 minutes with only the most minor changes in bassline or chord, and what results is not an increasing annoyance but a growing thrill at the sum total of this repetition as the vision of it seems to expand rather than kill itself. there's one other group that i can think of that find a magic moment or loop and exploit the hell out of it to great effect, and that's Boards of Canada. it's a rare talent that i think rarely surfaces but is exceedingly special when it does.

Gabriel Ananda - Bambusbeats
Techno these days is kind of run over by formalists and club-conscious geeks who are there for the conceptual thrills and minor subtleties rather than good, solid, and layered tracks that can make for amazing home listening. gabriel ananda is one of the best names in the game because he confidently plays both sides. the guy can destroy a club but is aware that the casual beauty of tracks like lamakova can trill a decent soundsystem in the privacy of ones own home. a rare techno album in that it actually works remarkably well played from beginning to end, i can't recommend this one enough.

Gui Boratto - Chromophobia
boy, we're really getting heavy into techno right now... a producer from venezuela (i think), boratto has an acrid but elegant approach to his super slick compositions that result in off beat but infectious grooves that can either repeat endlessly or keep building until they fall apart. mildly overrated but still worth checking out.

Kalabrese - Rumpelzirkus
used to be the curveball of the year. a former hip hop producer (from fucking switzerland?!), he got into the techno business and made it delightfully WEIRD again. using mostly acoustic instruments and wooden production, he produces a crazy, honest, and awkward funk out of his thick sounds and strange lyrics. one one of the best and most infectious cuts, he basically talk-sings about being trapped and groovin in a chicken farm. definately one of the more distinctive albums of the year.

Matthew Dear - Asa Breed
real name alias of Audion, trying to make pop songs instead of filthy techno, too weird to tell. 'deserter' is all amazing

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Trent Reznor focuses outside of himself for once and writes about how we're all fucked 15 years from now. did his writing get any better? not really. is it tolerable? yes. how's the music? fucking excellent. beats n noise. still sound like articulated pop songs so he really hasnt let go completely, but it's a huge step in the right direction after the semi-limpid pile of with teeth. also, the album is about 15% of the story. there's people who can write better than reznor who have constructed a huge alternate reality found through a large network of sites (on ninwiki.com) that extend the concept past marketing and make it something worth exploring.

Pan Sonic - Katodivaihe
industrial techno veterans come out with a new album after their 4CD long 'Kesto' and it's back to business as usual, but more of their tricks in a more compact amount of time. enormous blasts of noise and squalor are follwed by drone tracks and moderately heavy pulsating numbers. the sounds are a lot warmer and we're introduced to acoustic instruments, but even that addition doesnt make a radically different, albeit pretty dan good, release. good for beginners, i'd say.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch.
the guy from animal collective retreats into his own head and comes out with a delerious, long-playing, layered, reverb-drenched take on 60s pop, stripped of anything self-conscious and actively decrying the coolness of making music (and probaly the "coolness" his band have uncomfortably acheived these days) and just went for sounding... kinda childish and naive. full of impressive artwork and beautiful ambience cut through with aggressive drums and acoustics, it's a very beautiful album

Pantha Du Prince - This Bliss
back to techno and probably one of the best releases of this year. the thing that makes techno work so well is when it feels like a written song instead of endlessly looping what sounds like a good beat with a killer bassline or synth pad. i really dont want to use the word atmospheric, but since i've used everyother hep-critic word in the book so far, i may as well use it for this album if for any of them. cold-sounding elements sparsely arranged together form a beautiful if hard to describe mix of subtle rhythms and rich attention to details. doesnt indulge at all in supefluous distraction, every sound has a purpose that only enhances the work.

Shining - Grindstone
the first time i played this swedish band around the house my sister said "sounds like metalocalypse a little bit." then the horns and flute came in and she gave a funny look, then the over-the-top cinematic-score elements kicked in and she finally asked "what the hell is this?"
i dont know. it's chaotic as shit, corny as hell, even-handedly smacked down by their former band, saying "we dont want to release a demented rock opera", impregnated with jazz influences, and moments where you feel you should be flying high or raising hell. seriously, this is something where most of you should love at the very least, the first three tracks. i guarandamntee it.

Teenage Bad Girl - Coccote.
recently acquired this. fuzzed out dirty electro in the tradition of ed banger, the best record label in the universe.

Von Sudenfed - Tomatic Reflexxions
by now i'm thinking everyone has just hit scroll to reply simply to say tl;dr, so i'll just say this
MOUSE ON MARS AND MARK E SMITH
NOISE N BEATS WITH DRUNKEN RAMBLING
IT'S AWESOME.
-----------------------------

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 06:40 PM       
Nice reviews...I bought Neon Bible
I bought Volta
I bought NIN

Never heard of any of the other bands...

I like the Explosions in the sky.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 04:47 PM       
Hey Rez, have you heard Of Montreal's new album from this year? It completely blew me the fuck away, and I wonder if it isn't something you might appreciate as well.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM       
I got hands of a stanger by teenage bad girl a while ago, really loved it. definitely got a justice feel to it - nice to hear some people picking up the slack left by the MSTRKRFT hype. your reviews are spot on, getting some stuff i havent heard now. By the by, I just got a hold of plague park by handsome furs, its early days yet but 'handsome furs hate this city' and 'dumb animals' make it a standout 2007 release for me so far.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
Hey Rez, have you heard Of Montreal's new album from this year? It completely blew me the fuck away, and I wonder if it isn't something you might appreciate as well.
of montreal are one of those bands i keep hearing about, but for one reason or another i'm not terribly excited to hear from.
sometimes it turns out that with bands like that, once i do get around to listening, i understand why i may have initially been but off, but why i was wrong and it was the best thing ever.
i know that if i do get converted, it'd make a friend of mine really, REALLY happy, since he cant physically sit me down and make me listen to them, being in LA and all.

i keep hearing comparisons between the ir new album and that of !!!, so as odd as that might sound, i should maybe get crackin on them sooner rather than later.
thanks!

Quote:
definitely got a justice feel to it - nice to hear some people picking up the slack left by the MSTRKRFT hype.
yeah, that was a bad time and a huge let down. their best track was a para one remix and even that was pretty mild. fortunately since i was late to the ed banger crew that void was soon filled and i'm currently obsessed with justice and sebastiAn
JohnBoy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM       
Hey Rez,
Great job, this is an extremely comprehensive and thought provoking look at the music scene so far in 07'. It's got me excited to check out some artists that apparently have flown under my radar. I thought Pocket Symphony was an extremely solid effort and helped re capture some of the feeling that Air created with "Moon Safari". I wasn't really a fan of "Talkie Walkie"(even if people who make car commercials were). I'm completely with you on Person Pitch, I think it is by far the most beautiful album I've listened to in some time. Nicely done.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
Hey Rez,
Great job, this is an extremely comprehensive and thought provoking look at the music scene so far in 07'. It's got me excited to check out some artists that apparently have flown under my radar. I thought Pocket Symphony was an extremely solid effort and helped re capture some of the feeling that Air created with "Moon Safari". I wasn't really a fan of "Talkie Walkie"(even if people who make car commercials were). I'm completely with you on Person Pitch, I think it is by far the most beautiful album I've listened to in some time. Nicely done.
yeah i think people crapped way too readily on pocket symphony. it's kind of a weird trend these days in music criticiosm that unless it blatantly smacks you in the face with its obtuseness (and even timidly novel ideas like 'pullhair rubeye' are getting the worst reviews on metacritic simply for going backwards), there isn't much patience for the sleight-of-hand kind of musicmanship that can deeply affect through simple and excellent songwriting. DMST is the clearest example of that for me right now, but people also really didnt bother to get inside Air's space and really explore what it is they were aiming for. they just heard typical french sophisticates sounding pretty relaxed and dissed it as being boring.
as far as person pitch goes, am i the only one who never really salivated over 'bros' and really, REALLY preferred tracks like "i'm not"?
i had that one on repeat for most of a trip up north and it was amazing.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:28 AM       
I realize this will reveal me for the out-of-touch old fart I'm slowly becoming, but how the hell do you pronounce "!!!" anyway?
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
I realize this will reveal me for the out-of-touch old fart I'm slowly becoming, but how the hell do you pronounce "!!!" anyway?
the popular one more stores are using these days is chk chk chk\
but the band have said it's pretty much any successive repetition of three short words.

it's not naything i have to deal with since i dont have anyone to talk to about music, really. which is kinda sad.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM       
when blackflag & i saw them live, they pronoucned it "CHECK CHECK CHECK" and really put thier name to use during thier 20 minute DANCE TEST SESSION
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:15 AM       
if i had to guess i would pronounce it as a gasp of surprise
Banned
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:18 PM       
YOU WOULD HAVE GUESSED WRONG, EXTREMLY WRONG!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:54 AM       
Anyone heard the new White Stripes song?
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:10 PM       
yeah, it's pretty good but doesnt get me excited or anything. it definitely sounds like it would work better as part of a whole album to keep the momentum going with a good tune, but it doesnt have that killer riff their singles usually have.

i hear it's a departure from Get Behind Me Satan, which may be a great thing for most fans, but that was honestly my favorite album of theirs
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:49 AM       
i made a thread about the battles album but it was ignored

also: new melt banana!
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM       
I really like Papercuts - Can't Go Back.

Also Islands may make a new album sometime this year or early 2008 which I'm really excited about. As much as I loved The Unicorns Nick really has his shit down with Islands.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:49 AM       
okay, well instead of a lazy bump i'm gonna mention a few eps worth checking out.

starting with whats going to be, short of gross mismanagement, the summer track of 2007...

Justice - D.A.N.C.E.

as one of my design classes was winding down from studio and critique time, i heard the beginning sample played on someone's computer, i turn and go "FUCK. YES. that song is amazing!"
turns out he's on youtube and watching the video for the damn thing uploaded yesterday... he eventually think everyone should see it, so he hijacks the teacher's computer and plays it on the projector hooked up to the soundsystem. now, there wasnt spontaneous dancing because this world isnt that perfect, and also because people were fucking transfixed by it. amazing video for an amazing song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_QVq2lGMs

as for the rest of the ep, it's got 2 b-sides. a total rework of the track called B.E.A.T which is a little more stuttered and thick, and "Phantom" which leaked months ao and had everyone saying "oh shit" thinking they might not just repeat the magic of their first ep "Waters of Nazareth" but might just top it. a dirty-ass track that sent their distorted bass into pure indulgence. they've branched out to have a more distinctive style otherwise, but we do have that one if we like to keep things simple and raw.

seriously. France is going to own this year, and Justice is at the front

Kavinsky - 1986 ep.

on tour with daft punk right now, this is a strange bit of genuine retro revival so strong you can see the goddamn leisure suits from miami vice. normally, this is lame, for the 80's rather blew, but since he knows that despite the schtick he needs to produce a solid tune, he makes tracks that are custom built for high hilarity on the road. driving on a freeway at night, you may as well be the goddamn nightrider. never has there been such a blatant, involuntary shift on the road from being impossibly bored at the monotony of it to feeling like you're the most ridiculous badass on I-5. sure, there's that 5-10 second gap where you're fighting the ridiculousness of it, but who are you anyway? if nothing else do it for the lulz, for there will be many.

Mr. Oizo - Transexual/Patrick122

we all remember flat beat and flat eric and lol and all that. thing is, quentin dupieux is kind of sparse with his music releases because he's primarily a video artist. the levi's thing was a fluke, and he hasn't really tried to be as kooky as that since.
he re-emerged in 2005 with the unlistenable "moustache/half a scissor" and by unlistenable i mean amazing. he confused the hell out of everyone who bought analog worms attack, where people were expecting a whole lot of flat beat and instead got a drum machine on loop and some uuuuuuugly computer bass. he started on a trek twords creating the kind of electro that wasnt for hip euro-trash but a true fascination with complete garbage. it's like electronic funk debris being blown here and there, deteriorating and filthy in a very non-sexy but immensely creative way. unabashedly cheap and more than a little caustic, he's developed this perspective into his subsequent singles, "Nazis" in 2006 and the just released "Transexual/Patrick122" his myspace pictures for each track features a cheap winking mannequin with a bad mouth and wig, and a WW2 pic of a soldier holding a sax.
'transexual' has a toneless voice listing different types of sexualities behind a rough beat before it dramatically breaks into cheap fx and starts over again. some things change here and there, but the shit is genuinely unappealing as hell. there's no point, it's rotten, but instead of just sounding like apathetic garbage, he gets into what makes rejected things vaguely appealing and executes it fantastically. he's got a mysterious funk in the back of those tracks that makes every cheap move not just acceptable but amusing and enjoyable. 'Patrick 122' is simply playing the Gary's Gang song "Do it again" starting at 30 seconds and going for two minutes with digital blurts added in the most ill-timed parts. for essentially just pressingly play for 2 whole minutes it has such a disregard for the material that he butts in with complete nonsense and turns the whole thing amazingly awkward, eventually he destroys it and brings in a different beat altogether and adds a goddamn saxophone. shit makes absolutely no sense but it's the most eccentrically catching pile of wonderful assery that he's about the most fun guy to listen to in a loooong time. he has a style, but i can't see what he's doing next. i certainly didnt see a fucking saxophone

Half Hawaii - Into You Out of You

usually, minimal techno is kind of a scam. it's assimilating different definitions like The Field's static overdrive and Villalobos' subtle club shifting to make minimal also mean a minimum of change for maximum effect, but generally, when you get minimal techno, you get a steady beat with a barely there bass, one abrasive effect that runs throughout, and some clicking.
this ep isnt dramatically different from that setup. but the fundamentals groove first and allow the extra noise room to play and contribute instead of letting purism dictate by default that the beat is automatic backdrop. it's dark and it's bouncy. definately the right idea when i think of what minimal could be and not often is.

Pan Pot - What is what

more minimal. this one is a bit more difficult to swallow. it has a great ear for editing, and it sounds like most of the samples were recorded in a warehouse. sounds fade in and quickly snap shut or into something else. there's a few decisions about the programming that veer dangerously close to what's annoying about minimal, a slightly throwback effect used repeatedly, and some bad vocal (though only occasional) treatment, but if the track grooves, than most of it can be forgiven. this is even darker than half-hawaii, and not something that can extend to people who aren't that curious about minimal in the first place, whereas half-hawaii might have a better shot just because it has that extra funk.

Animal Collective - People

things like ths confuse me. you have 2 good songs, and instead of trying to make them gel beautifully within an album, it just get released. how do they decide these things? why even bother? we know these arent singles and we'll never see them again, why make a $6.99 ep out of it.
i guess it makes more sense in that was a tour-only ep to begin with, and demand became such that they commercially released it to prevent e-bay rape

but still.

it's not good enough to escape the feeling that this is 2 songs on a whole goddamned cd.
they're good songs. 'people' is a slow build of nice guitar, a warm and enveloping hum, and some good natural shouting and throwing shit about, but for a *really* linear track, it doesnt have a transcendant quality that kind of structure implies. the end of the ep has a live version, so they're shouting in concert this time.
'tikwid' is also pretty good. extending the kind of songs heard on 'feels' i wouldnt mind this one replacing that god-awful harp indulgence on that album, and it'd fit pretty damn nicely. but it's just AC being bubbly, not anything amazing.
so then we get a throwaway drunken blurt called 'my favorite colors' fro a minute and a half and there's yr ep.

i dig the songs, and it's a good time, i'm just not sure why this got released.

Last edited by Rez : May 11th, 2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: mr. oizo add.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 13th, 2007, 01:35 AM       
the new Shellac album comes out pretty soon!
Banned
Old May 13th, 2007, 03:53 AM       
Rez, Animal Collective are pretty hit or miss. People totally missed me. Most new music does Sigh! They're a long way from Sung Tongs ;(

Here.. Let me try!

Paul Wall - Get Money Stay True

There's not really much to say about this one I'M HIGH AS A SATELLITE. Very good record! Check it out, if you're into that sort of thing With the rapping. And the lasers. Yes, somone rhymes something with "and it shoots lasers!" The defining CD of 2007? I think so! My avatar is totally jamming out to this record! I'mma break 'em off real bad!
Banned
Old May 13th, 2007, 04:15 AM       
Okay, seriously! I downloaded some Half Hawaii, because I have never heard of "minimal techno" before. I really like it alot!
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:09 PM       
I have to agree with Protoclown, Of Montreal's new album is very good. Actually its the only album I own from 2007 so far. I'm still getting caught up on everything up to 2007 yet!
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
Okay, seriously! I downloaded some Half Hawaii, because I have never heard of "minimal techno" before. I really like it alot!
cool!
yeah, they're pretty unique though. they probably have the best sense of rhythm out of most minimal-heads in the business . people might disagree and say audion's "i gave you away" takes the prize on that, but again, that track, as great as it is, is all about doing that technically, without really inspiring a basic funk-out. it's just great for my headphones.
half hawaii are both.

and pretty mysterious. i havent heard a whole lot from him/her/them. they're either really new or need investigating.

as for animal collective... i think, based on new live material, that they're doing a sort of combo of what 'people' does, which is remain fairly linear, and what feels does, which is a structured explosion rather than the multicolor violence of 'here comes the indian' and 'spirit they've gone'

so basically long, 9 minute stretches of celebratory wonderfulness, with better riffs than people.

just a guess though.

okay one last note:

Justice's full-length album leaked. it's the best thing i've heard in 5 years. it's everything i believe music should be. lives up to the hype and then some. so happy.
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:18 AM       
I just got it too! I dont quite know what to make of it yet, it's like the whole development of Daft Punk compressed into one album and then more. So good! Definitely a summer album, can't wait until the weather gets a bit nicer to give it a proper belting!

Also, been trying to get my hands on a Justice tee as in the promo vid for Waters of Nazareth, if you can hook up let me know. I know the merch stands get rinsed at shows so I can pay over.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM       
naw i wouldnt begin to know how to get those...

new chemical brothers album leaked. i know they stopped being relevant around 7 years ago but theyre one of those first love things that i have to hear the new album from just because...

and goddamn, it's bad. not as bad as push the button. but damn bad. title track is the best thing about it, 2 other good songs. one decent one, and the rest is just craaaaaap.

some good news though, there's been detai;s announced for new animal collective album called 'strawberry jam'

tracklist.

1. peacebone
2. unsolved mysteries
3. chores
4. for reverend green
5. fireworks
7. winter wonder land
8. cuckoo cuckoo
9. derek

if any of you have gotten the bootlegs or seen them live in '06, then you know how this album will be a great highlight from this year. if justicce hadn't come out i'd say it'd completely rule 07. i was kinda worried that they'd have fucked with the songs and made them different (as they tend to do, especially with reverend green), but they said they did their best to keep to the live versions and are psyched about it. in case anyone knows what all this means and are bummed that 'safer' didnt make it, they said that one and street flash were going to be on the peace bone ep, because it didnt really fit well on the album.

so excited for this! promo copies are going to be sent out soon so leak is imminent, even if it doesnt get released until september.

'feels' leaked 3 months ahead of time too.
Banned
Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:05 PM       
wow new animal collective :0 i can't wait. did u hear the stuff they did with vashti bunyan or whoever that chic kwas? prospect hummer EP? the title track is pretty good