Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 04:00 AM       
ew I have to get one from MailCall
(I'm just playin, you're an alright guy)

One that I love: Beetlejuice, because come on.
One that I liked: The 1989 Batman, but that's mostly a nostalgia thing. I still have the vhs somewhere.
One that I don't like: Jackie Brown. More like Jackie BORING.
Honorable Mentions Ken in Toy Story 3, that one guy in King Of The Hill, and himself in Porco Rosso.
(Thank God the pickles are gone, I probably would've been marked down for liking an Annie-May around here.)

Last edited by captain516 : Oct 4th, 2011 at 04:17 AM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 04:42 AM       
While awaiting JTP, I will accept a challenge from the Captain.

Good choice, Cap - Joseph Gordon-Levitt

A Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie I love: Inception. 'nuff said.

A Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie I like: A River Runs Through It - I'm not ashamed to really like this movie. Plus, it shows Gordon-Levitt's acting chops at a very young age.

A Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie I hate: I won't say G.I Joe - The Rise of Cobra, because I didn't see the movie, although it probably sucks. For this, I'll go with Angels in the Outfield. He was still young, so he can be forgiven for this choice.

Honorable Mention: I said it before for John Lithgow, but the series 3rd Rock from the Sun was very good, and again showed his acting talent at a young age. (500) Days of Summer was also very good. I'm also hearing great things about 50/50. At the tender age of 30, I believe he has successfully survived the "Curse of the Child Actor".
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Oct 4th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM       

One that I love: Fifth Element - It has everything! Babes, villains, action and sci-fi. One of those rare movies you can watch 1000 times and never be bored of.
One that I liked: Hudson Hawk - I know it gets a bad wrap but I spent most of the 1990's quoting this movie.
One that I don't like: Surrogates. It stinks!
Honorable Mentions : Sin City, Sith Sense, Die Hard, Planet Terror
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 01:09 PM       
Keeping the thread alive...

The Colonel has cooked up Bill Pullman.

Bill Pullman movie I loved: A League Of Their Own--Good story, Tom Hanks, and Madonna acting stupid.
Bill Pullman movie I liked: The Serpent And The Rainbow
--Bizarre, and--really freakily--based on true events.
Bill Pullman movie I hated: Spaceballs
--Not one of Brooks' best.
Honorable mentions:
While You Were Sleeping, The Accidental Tourist, Independence Day

Last edited by MailCall : Oct 10th, 2011 at 05:44 PM.
My Steam Powered Brain
Hydraulic_Brains is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM       
The thread must survive, so hit me please!

MailCall gave me Hugo Weaving

Hugo Weaving movie I love: The Matrix, no competition, it's a classsic, and you have to love it.
Hugo Weaving movie I like: The Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship of the Ring. It's good, not nearly as good as the book, but still a good interpretation of it.
Hugo Weaving I hate: The Legend of the Guadians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. I have not seen this, but I hate it, and I hate the fact that he was in it.
Honorable Mentions: V for Vendetta. As a movie it is good, but if you compare it to what Alan Moore did, it's just disappointing. Even though I try to forget they exist, the sequals to the Matrix do exist. He's in the Transformer movies, but I think they're kind of "meh".

Last edited by Hydraulic_Brains : Nov 22nd, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 11:13 PM       
It's gonna be a while before mailcall comes back to hit you. But I guess by posting this, I've put myself back in the game too.

I was lugged Arnold Schwarzenegger, and yes I copied and pasted his last name.

Arnold Schwarzenegger movie I love: Terminator 2 - He was just bad ass in this movie as a cyborg protector of past John Connor. One of my first forays into R rated films.
Arnold Schwarzenegger movie I like: Predator - He hunted the predator and killed him, it was an excellent movie also. And as always, he was bad ass.
Arnold Schwarzenegger movie I hate: Jingle All The Way - Why would he be in a kid's film? Why do all of these bad asses feel the need to get kiddie after making such good manly films? This movie was turdstool.
Honorable Mentions: Total Recall, Conan the barbarian - These and Predator too could be in the movies I love category because I do. He was in so many great action films. Kindergarten Cop also, because it's one of the only family movies he did that works and has so many quotable moments because of his retarded accent.

Last edited by k0k0 : Nov 24th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM       
I will tell Mailcall he needs to send a new actor.

Oops guess I am in now too

Koko gave me Clint Howard

Clint Howard movie I loved: Nightshift. Pretty funny movie that he got a bit part in because of who his brother is.

Clint Howard movie I liked: Gung Ho. Underappreciated Michael Keaton movie from the mid 80s. Good stuff and a strong comedic cast.

Clint Howard movie I Hated: Addams Family Reunion. Like there needed to be more of these?

Honorable Mention: I couldn't believe this exists but he was in Silent Night Deadly Night 5. 5??!! To the writers and producers of the Silent Night Deadly Night series: What else could you do after the garbage day scene in 2? You quit after making movies after that because that is your fucking Guernica. Nothing you try will be better.

Last edited by Pentegarn : Nov 21st, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM       
Hit me, Pent.

Pent gives me James Cagney.

James Cagney movie I loved: The Public Enemy--"My Tom is coming home to see me!" Yep. But not the way you expected...
James Cagney movie I liked: Yankee Doodle Dandy--
J.C. couldn't sing, but boy could he act.
James Cagney movie I hated: The Oklahoma Kid--
Like I said before, even great actors can't necessarily do westerns.
Honorable Mentions:
The St. Louis Kid, Angels With Dirty Faces, Mister Roberts.

Last edited by MailCall : Nov 27th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.