Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 11:27 AM        Sgt. Paul Ray Smith
http://www.military.com/NewContent/0...ml?ESRC=dod.nl

I first found out about this in a pro-Bush propaganda ad. I knew the only reason a television ad was made to honor him was to influence a pro-republican vote. Strangely enough, I didn't care.

The ad briefly went into detail of how Sgt. Smith gave his life for his men, and then cut to a shot of President Bush handing Smith's eleven year old brother the Congressional Medal of honor, at which point my eyes started watering. Completely caught me by surprise, too. The sight of the eleven year old kid holding that big case was pretty moving, I guess.

Thoughts?