Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 05:44 PM        I need some help...
I think Guitar could help me a bit. Please read this, Guitar. On to my problem...

I am starting a comic book (not giving details yet), but I suck at drawing hands and feet. I can get around the feet with some kind of shoe or something, but I can't get away from the hands. Is there any advice any of you have on drawing them?

p.s. I need to be able to draw them in, like, a clenched fist kinda thing, or grasping something, or clawing at something. I really need help. A link to a site that could help would be nice...

subterfuge is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2004, 03:06 PM       
i'm not guitar, but maybe i can help. Just always use references, and draw the hand's outline, then exaggerate the pose, for comic book work. Use google for photo references, and copy the hands you see in existing comic books, because they're always grasping a staff or a sword and they're always slightly larger than they would be in real life, so the details are easy to see. Don't ever just avoid drawing hands or feet though. Practice all the time and you'll see improvement.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2004, 09:43 PM       
I usually start off by drawing a circle or an oval as the base of the hand, then I draw lines the same length of the finger over it. Then I just fill in around it and it turns into a hand.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:14 AM       
Remember that the hand is not flat. Like a spade shovel, the width of the hand curves around. Your best bet is to model your own hand, and to add girth or whatever to it after it was drawn. In fact, using yourself as a referance model for most human bodyparts is commonly practiced as the best way to approach this.

As for the foot, all I can say is to pay special attention to the accented round parts: the ball of the toes, the heel, the arch, ankles, ect.