Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM       
Dry and dull? What was it about?

Alan watts?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 08:19 AM       
I have read Alan Watts...The Book was the name of the book, and although he lacks WIlsons flair, the book was very readable and enjoyable. I'll find my Wilson books ( I moved recently and all of my books are still packed away) and find out the authors name and the title of the book.

It may be "The Crack in the Cosmic Egg".....I'll find out when I dig out my books.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 02:27 PM       
Yea, I love alan watts. I used to have a bunch of audio books by him but i deleted them because they took up too much space. I never really found him dry and dulll, but I could see how someone could.

Was it James Joyce? He talks about him alot, and most of the people that try to read his books end up giving up.

This one?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM       
that's the one...I have a recent copy of it, as I wanted to give it another chance....but I haven't started it yet. I'm still not sure if I saw a reference to it in Wilsons work or not....
BANNED

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:28 PM       
I don't know. Some of the reviews talk about it as being about Don Juan. Have you ever read Carlos Canstenada? I liked art of dreaming by him, it seemed really practical.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 06:28 AM       
I've read a few of his books....the last one I read was "The Active side of Infinity"...and it was good. I like Castenada, but I have doubts about the existance of Don Juan. I would love to believe that the things described in his books were possible, but I just can't decide how much is reality and how much is pure bullshit.
BANNED

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM       
yea, i could see how someone would find it hard to believe. I always liked art of dreaming because of the way he presented it. It was almost a step by step guide to learning how to have crazy shaman dreams. Essentially what you do is focus on learning how to focus in lucid dreams. I don't know if you've ever had one, but it's kind of hard to at times and you can get side-tracked easily, so it suggests exercises for building your focus. I thought that was cool, because ti was written so practically you can't help but believe it.. at least partially.

As for his existence, I'm not sure.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM       
I'll have to check out the art of dreaming...Casteneda's books have a dreamy quality to me....just reading his books is almost a surreal experience...like reading W.B. Yates poetry....