Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 03:41 PM        Terrordrome: Rise of the Boogeymen
I discovered a new game today and since I didn't see it on here, I thought I would share.
The game is called "Terrordrome: Rise of the Boogeymen" and you can get the demo at http://www.terrordrome-thegame.com/.

It's a fighting game like Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat, except with all our favorite horror icons as the fighters.
Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface, they are all here ready for you to fight with.

I was extremely impressed with the graphics, and the game is a ton of fun to play.
Making Leatherface grab someone and hit them over the head with his hammer, or Ash summon a Deadite to fight for him is more fun than it has any right to be.

The game is fan made, so who knows if the game will ever get finished with the planned 13 characters.
But even with the 7 that are currently available, I'm having a blast with it.

Here's a couple of screenshots of the game in action:

And here's the official trailer:

Not bad, eh?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM       
looks fun i'm gonna try it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 04:22 AM       
Sounds interesting.

Although fair warning: you'll want to try out the demo quickly before the whole project is killed by the people who own the rights to those characters.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 10:17 AM       
List of characters now: Freddy Krueger , Jason Vorhees, Leatherface, Micheal Myers, Chucky, Ash Williams, and Ghostface.

Characters that will be added*: Candy Man, Tall Man, Maniac Cop, Jason from Jason Goes to Hell, Herbert West, and Pinhead.

*This is going off the character select screen where you can see pictures of all of the above except for Pinhead.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 12:53 PM       
TALLMAN
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
List of characters now: Ghostface
Cranberry Everything
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 03:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Sounds interesting.

Although fair warning: you'll want to try out the demo quickly before the whole project is killed by the people who own the rights to those characters.
The guy in charge says that since they will never charge for the game, and it's just a fan project that's basically a promotion for the movies, they should be in the clear.
I'm sure you're right though, the only reason this game still exists is that no one has heard of it.

The demo is quite fun though.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM       
You would think that would be ok, but all sorts of projects in the past, like a fan-made Robocop game and a huge Star Wars mod for Doom, have all been canned despite being totally for free.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 06:52 PM       
i was playing against ash and he did an endless atack of zombies

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Cranberry Everything
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 07:15 PM       
Yeah, I ran into that as well. I just kept punching them (an otherwise useless move) and inching forward.
He'll stop after you get close enough and down to two of them. Worked like a charm.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 04:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
You would think that would be ok, but all sorts of projects in the past, like a fan-made Robocop game and a huge Star Wars mod for Doom, have all been canned despite being totally for free.
It's pretty standard issue for companies to send cease-and-desist orders. They don't actually want the people to stop, but they need to cover themselves in case someone decides to sue the IP holder over an issue with the fan-made game - if they send a C&D, they can say they took appropriate measures and then might actually follow it up with litigation if it's srs bsns, at which point the fan can comply with the C&D.

What I'm saying is that everyone's terrified of C&D orders, but they should really just ignore them.
Forum Virgin
Russell123 is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:25 AM       
I am also played this game and like it