Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ninja in training
lumpisan is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:09 AM        yeah, about that navy thing....
About 2 months ago i came on here and said my goodbyes as i was preparing to leave for naval bootcamp. And you all were very kind with your gooodbyes and advice. And i felt sad that it would be at least 6 months before i would be able to get on here again. But i pressed on and made it halfway through bootcamp. Than i was called to what is called REU (Recruit Evaluation Unit). I thought it was strange but i went.
Turns out, when i told my recruiter I had severe ADHD and he told me it wouldnt be a problem and not to mention it unless i wanted to do alot of pointless paperwork, he was wrong. Very wrong, because now i am writing this at home. Turns out, ADHD is disqualifying for naval millitary service.

So yeah, ive been kicked out.... I guess i am posting this here so you all will know im not a liar and i did go off to bootcamp.... and i did very well... but i did tell them around week 2 about the adhd and they told me they had to do some tests and here i am.
And to anyone who is thinking of joining...if you have ANYTHING your recruiter tells you not to mention... mention it. It may not let you in, but trust me, It will come back to bite you in the ass. I saw alot of pepole who were in the seperation unit because they told there recruiter they had asthmna when they were 5 and he said not to mention it. guess what? it came back, and they got kicked out, one of them a day before he graduated. You cant hide that kinda shit (pardon the language).So please take my advice. Do not lie or hide anything or you will be very sorry.

you stupid lemon eater
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:20 AM       
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

At least you won't have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn and get screamed at by a drill sergeant anymore.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:23 AM       
Well, I'm sure you got some great exercise out of it if nothing else. That's like getting a personal trainer to kick your ass for 2 months for free... with meals and boarding included.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya though. Do you have other plans now? Anything else ya wanna do career-wise?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:26 AM       
Despite this, I stand by my advice to change your name to Shipwreck and get a parrot.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:29 AM       
Are you get any type of recompensation for wasting your time?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:56 AM       
Can a mod please edit that foul language in the first post?

That was very funny. Well done.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 03:35 AM       
From the kids i know who ended up in the military i would have thought that adhd was a requirement.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Are you get any type of recompensation for wasting your time?
He got paid while he was in boot camp. But outside of that, no.

And OP, sorry to hear that. The Navy was an amazing experience! Well, once you're through with all the boot camp and A-school training. And I know this may sound silly, but try other branches if it interests you. They don't all have the same requirements.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 08:55 AM       
It happens; you tried. I have a relative who just went through boot camp and dive training, only to get injured and have to leave.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:11 AM       
Theres a great deal more money in the private sector anyway, and the way things are going in west Africa the civilian crews are seeing more combat than the military ones.
Try this place, I hear it's like DEVRY but more intense.
http://www.sunymaritime.edu/
Ninja in training
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Well, I'm sure you got some great exercise out of it if nothing else. That's like getting a personal trainer to kick your ass for 2 months for free... with meals and boarding included.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya though. Do you have other plans now? Anything else ya wanna do career-wise?
yeah i did get paid a bit while i was in bootcamp and i do now have enough money to enroll in community college so i'll figure something out. and yes i will take that advice and change my name to shipwreck...were can i find a good parrot though?

you stupid lemon eater
Ninja in training
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
He got paid while he was in boot camp. But outside of that, no.

And OP, sorry to hear that. The Navy was an amazing experience! Well, once you're through with all the boot camp and A-school training. And I know this may sound silly, but try other branches if it interests you. They don't all have the same requirements.
my discharge type won't let me try other services unfortunately. if so i would try the airforce or the army

you stupid lemon eater
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM       
Did they mention whether or not they were going to have a talk with the recruiter who told you to hide your health condition?

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM       
yea seriously. Seems like hes a fucking jerkwater. I wonder if they get bonuses for recruiting people or something...
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 03:41 PM       
Become a mercenary and auction off your seafaring skills off to the highest bidder.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 04:59 AM       
Idiot idot idiot.

Either your recruiter didn't stress enough to you to keep your mouth shut or you are just a huge jackass.

"No. No. No. No. Yes, sir, I'm okay."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 06:10 AM       
maybe he just wasn't paying attention
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2009, 06:25 AM       
Ninja in training
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Idiot idot idiot.

Either your recruiter didn't stress enough to you to keep your mouth shut or you are just a huge jackass.

"No. No. No. No. Yes, sir, I'm okay."
yeah i'll admit it i f'ed up and decided to be honest on the security briefing...if i knew i wouldve gotten kicked out i would have shut my damn mouth.

you stupid lemon eater
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpisan View Post
yeah i'll admit it i f'ed up and decided to be honest on the security briefing...if i knew i wouldve gotten kicked out i would have shut my damn mouth.
On the other hand, it probably would have been even worse for you if you had lied and then got found out somehow.

Anyway, that sucks. I'm sorry that happened.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 09:45 PM       
Like I said, either your recruiter was terrible at his job or you simply did not get it through your skull that you have always been perfectly fine.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:51 PM       
Declare jihad on the American armed forces, right in front of a fort or recruiting station.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:24 PM       
Buy a fishing boat on Ebay then go to walmart and buy some guns for the boat so as to start your own navy. If the cops come just drive out of the circle and wait for the stars to stop flashing, thus loosing the police, or get your vehicle resprayed.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 03:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Like I said, either your recruiter was terrible at his job or you simply did not get it through your skull that you have always been perfectly fine.
Yeah, that's just what we need more of in the army: liars with short attention spans.