Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:53 PM       
Masonry is a social club designed to instill good character.

or they are people who build buildings ;(

have you guys read any masonic literature?
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 03:10 PM       
I have. it's very captain crunch kinda stuff. (I'm talking a lot about breakfast cerials today for some reason)
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:56 PM       
oi vei, my mother lays such guilt trips I SWEAR she is secretly Jewish. She tears through self esteem like a wolf through a passover dinner.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
Which masonic literature have you guys read? There's alot of different types of literature(since masons are involved in many fields) most people think about their mythology/mysticism the most. Really though their mythology and mysticism is nothing but repitition of old mythology and mysticism, but I suppose that's good for people who don't know anything about old mysticism...

what do you guys think of Pythagoras?
Mocker

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM       
I read a Mason's handbook of some sort. Small, old and leathern bound. It was goofy. Should have came with a 8 sided dice. (I also got to fondle a Mason's sword). It seemed like pretty harmless stuff. I just glanced though. Can't exactly discuss it beyond these surface impressions.
BANNED

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM       
ritual is goofy and ridiculous but some of the approaches to the psychology of it make it seem like it could have an actual effect. personally i don't do it or pray but i do prana/breathing exercises which is basically meditation and sometimes do yoga but there's plausible physiological reasons for doing those.

anyway pretty much all the works ive discussed in this thread touch on masonic topics and masonic symbolism so I would reccomend reading it if you're interested in that type of stuff.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM       
I think that he had nothing to do with Masonry, which was produced virtually ex nihilo in the 18th Century. I thought it was delightful when The History Channel didn't even entertain the thought of any ancient lineage for them in one of their many, many Da Vinci Code specials. Not that they hold a monopoly on historical truth, but given their tendency to play with any alternative theories it was refreshing.

If people want to pay for friends, sure, go for it. No different than college fraternities, I guess. I just think it's distressing to see grown men banter about Solomon's Temple and the Knights Templar in a context that can draw absolutely nothing from the two with any verisimilitude. One thing that does strike me as ironic, though, is that the Masons were founded to fill the void of hocus-pocus mysticism left by their Protestant rejection of Catholic sacraments. Ah well.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM       
you think that who had nothing to do with masonry?? 18th century? Davinci code? I wasn't talking about the da vinci code, i was talking about real masons and the topics they base their writings on. I've never even read the da vinci code to be honest, nor his other stupid ass book.
were you talking about paracelsus? I don't know if he was a mason, but i know alot of the masonic books I've read talk about him in fair detail as they do most alchemical topics. Same with pythagoras if you meant him...
Mocker

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM       
OMG they're talking about Masons in a thread about Jews....Geggy just wet himself!
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 11:10 PM       

BANNED

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 11:15 PM       
yes i laughed at that too
BANNED

Old Sep 21st, 2006, 06:09 PM       
I guess you guys didn't know freemasons existed outside of the Davinci code?
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2006, 07:30 PM       
All I know is that the freemasons and the illuminati are secretly creating the davinca code.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2006, 08:49 PM       
I was saying that Pythagoras wasn't a Mason because he was born about 2500 years too soon.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:00 AM       
OH OKAY THEN. I never did say he was a mason. It's cute when you jump on historical inaccuracies.

Secondly the grand lodge of england was founded at the begining of the 18th century which means they probably existed before that but that's just common sense not really "history".. Most Freemasons might tell you that freemasonry evolved out of old mason guilds and stuff lke that and there's probably plenty of evidence supportng that. Before the 18th century I'm pretty sure the scottish masonry guilds were already founded. Also there's been plenty of other masony guilds throughout time.
I was just bringing him up because they base alot of their mysticism and philosophy on him. I'm pretty sure pythagoras was one who said that man harmonizes with his surroundings, so if there's ugly things around man will be ugly and disharmonius. I could be wrong though, but imagine that in implications of "Masonry" and you could see some relative importance they might place on his philosophies.
There's also more crucial symbolism like his usage of a numbers which corresponds with most other number symbols, and alot of other things.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM       
Illuminati bastards.
BANNED

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM       
the only book I've ever read about the illuminati was the illuminatus trilogy by robert anton wilson, and as max knows, that book is fucking awesome The only thing that makes me mad about it is I can't read it without being stoned because every other second in that book they are getting stoned and going on some adventure.
I've never read any other books about the illuminati but the illuminatus trilogy is the best. He writes sort of like kurt vonneguht, but better really. I reccomend everybody read it if possible.