Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:13 PM        .RAM files to .Mp3 files
I have a real audio file that I want to turn into an Mp3. I don't know how to do it, and quite frankly I'd rather have someone do it for me.

Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:56 PM       
If you send it to me or post it online I could try converting it; I haven't found a program to do so (.rams use messed-up encoding that isn't supported by much software), but I could try recording the .ram straight through my sound card.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 12:11 AM       
http://media.epitaph.com/_tmp/stream...-Coma_Girl.ram

Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 12:35 AM       
There is a piece of software called Streambox that's supposedly able to convert .RAM files (to .WAV I think, but that makes it a snap to go to .MP3). They ran into legal trouble with REAL, so they put up a disclaimer about it being illegal to use in the US. :olo

Haven't tried it myself, though, no promises.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/au...eambox_vcr.cfm
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 01:18 AM       
http://web.augsburg.edu/~herzog/Joe_...-Coma_Girl.mp3

Enjoy. The sound quality took a little hit but it's still very good. After I figured out the process, it only took a minute to process it after streaming it, so I can do more files pretty easily if you ever need them. I could get better quality, but that would take some tweaking, and I'd rather not spend the extra time.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
Thank you Perndog. I don't care what everyone else thinks, I don't think of you as an effeminite weirdo.

I tried using Streambox once to make an mp3 file out of the audio of a movie file, but I couldn't figure it out
- Outerspacekid