Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:20 PM        video camera's
I was looking at a flyer for digital video camera'a and I am not sure what is what. How do I know if it is a digital video camera that I can take and edit on my computer?
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 05:48 AM       
They'll mention a USB port in the ad or whatever, and new ones generally look more metallic and shiny. :o

Blue is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 05:51 AM       
Some shops class Analogue camera with "digital still photo's" as a digital camera so watch out for that too.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 07:19 AM       
or if it says what kind of memory card it comes with, that's the kind you want :o

or you could just get a normal video camera and get a video capture card for your computer

-willie

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 10:58 PM       
You can't use USB to transfer/edit video. If it's a digital8 or miniDV camera you'll be able to edit easily on the computer if you get a firewire card (about $30-50).

Or you can do like executioneer said and get a video capture card. That will let you use the video output on any camera (that you would normally plug into a TV) into the computer and capture video that way. There are TV Tuner/vid capture combination cards too, so if you want your computer to be a TV you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Nobody uses Hi8 anymore so that would be the cheapest way (Hi8 plus basic capture card), but digital is way better quality and the transfer to computer is just as easy and affordable (and firewire is also useful for external portable hard drives and such)
Ooner is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 11:00 PM       
I don't like this guest thing at all, is there no reminder to log in before a guest post? I'm going to forget like half the time. That was me above.