Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:46 AM        Any stereo nerds here?
I bought this old 70's style receiver from ebay recently, and after i hooked it up to e'rything else, and started to play something with it, it cut out during the middle of a track, and now it won't play anything. I only had the volume at a mormonesque and conservative level of four, so i don't think i killed it by turning it up or anything. O .o I smelled something burning before it cut out, it smelled like burnt black powder, but my dad said it was probably just the light inside heating the dust off of it or something. Now it's broken. What broke, and can i fix it?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 10:24 AM       
Tell me what kind of reciever. If it is old enough and is a tube it might be worth fixing but if it is a crappy solid state it's better to go out and buy a 2 channel Yamaha to replace it. Recievers are getting so cheap that only audiophiles that have old tubes revere them like the turn tables from what I have read.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 05:35 PM       
Turns out that making a christmas tree from speaker line is a retarded idea, so it blew up the sound module thinger. I wanna get it replaced just so the thing can work, but i got a new receiver anyway. It's a Pionerr SX-3500, i hope that's old. I don't wanna pay a lot of money to fix something i'm not gonna use.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 12:15 AM       
First the stereo speakers and now this? Quit wasting your time and buy those Logitech THX speakers like I told you too.

I'm guessing your around the age I was when I started collecting old stereo crap, then I realized it was a waste of time, because It sucks and sounds like shit

If you really want to be productive, just do what I did and learn to make your own speakers. Buy the parts and make the box yourself. They are really not complicated and you can tell everyone you are a ninja structural sound engineer.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 12:27 AM       
I worked a whole summer just to buy my stereo. god that sounds pathetic.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 12:29 AM       
Everything you say sounds pathetic

Loser

I work for nothing, I have student loans