Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 11:20 AM       
this is the worst thread in the history of threads. I do believe its gotta go the way of old yeller.
possible jerk

Magreaux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 02:35 PM       
So on one hand you're pretending to be Fritz Lang's long-lost daughter, all lamenting the death of fine cinema because people don't score films with bird calls anymore, and on the other hand you're all about the bloodgutsboobieslol. How versatile.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM       
I like how the only person to say anything bad (or, anything at all) about his precious Naschy films is ZBF, and yet he's practically crying over the SCATHING reviews pouring in from all corners of the site.

Rojo Sangre actually does sound interesting, but this does not absolve you of being a self-absorbed, cocksucking afficionado, and it does not make Naschy anything more than pure schlock.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 08:39 PM       
I hope this guy becomes the OaO of the movie forum. That'd be sweet.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM       
I think it's a girl. Of some kind.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM       
Your introduction to this thread indeed comes across as the most pretentious piece I’ve read in a long time. Whether this was your intention or simply a bi-product of your writing style I do not know.

It is not wise to barge into a forum like you own the place dropping names and writing 'essays'. You will not make many friends like that.

I understand that the work of Naschy is currently undergoing a period of fan boy fame. To me, his work consists mostly of Spanish exploitations of American film concepts. There are a few exceptions, of course, but there is a reason he is referred to as the Spanish Lon Chaney. He’s didn't break much ground in his work.

If I’m not mistaken Naschy is best known for his werewolf series. I find those sort of entertaining in a camp way but seriously flawed and convoluted as ‘films’. The man is a legend in his own country though and for that, I must commend him. Furthermore, his work is light years above the majority of the recent stuff purely on an entertainment basis. Although that's not exactly a high bar.

There are some great Spanish films out there; the Spanish version of Dracula for example is superior to the original according to many motion picture enthusiasts. I recommend checking it out if you are looking for films to be smug about. Lots of bits of trivia surround it suitable for pompous comparisons and factoids.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM       
I loved the original American versian of Dracula, if only because of the iguanas and (I think?) armadillo running around the castle