Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM        ANNOYING ROOMMATES (lots of venting) :(
I am at my wit's end! I think I have one of the most annoying roommates in history. Let me describe this guy a bit.

He is always playing world of warcraft. I don't mean a couple hours a day, I mean like 8 hours a day. He sits there and comments on "fucking rogues" and shit like that. If there's an update or something that will keep him from playing until noon, he gets annoyed and watches those lame videos. Yesterday he was watching one and I heard him say "genius!". I asked him what he was talking about and he went on to explain some nerdy shit that I don't understand. He said that "people haven't done that since guild wars and its really effective!". I now know not to ask him about any of his exclamations to himself, but that doesn't matter because if I'm in the room watching tv or playing xbox, he turns to me and waits for me to react so that he can explain whatever nerdy shit he's dealing with. Even if I pretend not to hear him he'll say it after 20 seconds or so. This is unavoidable. He pays those sites to "power level" his "hunters" and stuff and then bitches when they don't do it right away or something. He was just banned today for swearing and right as I enter the room he gives me a detailed explanation as to why and how it's "so fucking gay". He does this for about 20 minutes. Whenever I go outside for a smoke, he tags along and I get to hear more about this stuff. Not to worry though, because he apparently has another account to play in situations like this. I am privy to every fucking thing that happens in the nerdiest game of all time, whether I want to hear it or not. "Oh my god, I can't believe this faggy gm banned me when I have a daily quest and this stupid hunter wouldn't let me in! I'm going to complain about it on this other account and OMG IT WOULD BE SO FUNNY IF IT WAS THE SAME GUY LOL".

As if being a total fucking nerd isn't enough, he has a severe lack of friends to do stuff with. When I have friends over and we're going out, he asks "what are we doing tonight?" and enjoys tagging along to bars and stuff. Last weekend he started watching basketball in the living room so I grabbed a beer and went to my room to watch something that I want. Right after this, my buddy who's in the city for the weekend comes out of the bathroom, heads into the living room for a second, turns around and comes into my room with the case of beer and we just watch tv and bullshit as if nothing happened. Like a sad child, my roommate drives his remote control car into the room and follows after it so see what we're doing. Having had quite enough of him myself and knowing that my friend can't stand him, I kind of ignore him until he leaves. Then when we go back into the living room to find him playing warcraft, he asks if we're done "touching dinks". Yeah, being an immature little baby is going to make us want your company. None of my friends like him which makes his tagging along that much worse. He is constantly calling good looking girls ugly or fat when they are neither, which brings me to my next complaint. The guy is a 20 year old virgin who likes to act as if he's the most experienced guy in the world and that gives him the right to be extremely picky with girls. He is always telling me how fat some of the girls from high school have gotten and when I see them they look fine. He gossips like a girl. He is a virgin because he's "saving it for marriage", but nonetheless, he tells us that he'd like to take down every tall and skinny girl we see. He's also one of those fun people that like to ask stupid questions during movies. One of the best things about him though is his mispronunciation and improper usage of words. A queue is a "kway" and consideration is constellation. I wish he did more stuff like this because it's funny instead of just annoying.

Obviously he's not ALL bad and would be a lot more tolerable if he wasn't such a fucking dork most of the time, but I'm still very, very happy to be going home for Christmas holidays. Does anyone else have annoying roommates? :O

edit: Oh yeah, he's unemployed right now so he can dedicate ALL of his time to warcraft. Also, I have a temporary second roommate for a bit and this is one of my good friends, so there's that, I guess.

That was very funny. Well done.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM       
Wow, two of my friends were like that back in high school. I think one of 'em still dedicades his life to WoW. Anyway, can't imagine how annoing it must be to live with wow nerd, knowing that it was like hell to go to the same high school with like those. (They were still great guys though)

Last edited by RaNkeri : Dec 5th, 2007 at 06:25 PM.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM       
I wish we were friends so I could hang out and see all of this unfold. That sounds hilarious.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM       
I was recently seeing a girl who had a fat geeky male roommate who behaved exactly as you describe yours.

He would constantly yell out loud, hoping we would as him what was up, and then regardless bitch and recap his fake adventures while we tried to watch movies or make out. To make matters even worse, the guy was a bold faced liar and had the beginnings of Munchausen syndrome - going so far as to pretend vitamin C tables were pills for his 'vertigo'.

I eventually tired of just ignoring him and called him on all his bullshit. After he started acting very confrontational (puffing up) and psycho I bitch slapped him repeatedly, made him cry in front of his female roommates and he moved out shortly thereafter.

What's with these raging WOW weirdos?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 06:45 PM       
I think that because they dedicate so much time to the game, they lose any understanding of how to behave in front of real people and they seem to think that people actually care about their gaming. As I type this, he is shouting about something going on in the game as if there aren't two other people in the room. This is usually followed by obnoxious laughter and him spinning around in his chair asking "DID YOU SEE THAT?".

UPDATE: I didn't notice until after the bulk of it had already been said, but I got a video of him talking to someone on the phone about fucking warcraft so I decided to start filming him and he got all pissed off. He was talking to his friend about how it's unfair to be banned and stuff. The video isn't the greatest but you get the jist of what a SERIOUS GAMER he is. He got really angry though, so it seems like he realizes what a loser he is but is unwilling to do anything about it.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM       
Get a video of him talking about touching dinks.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM       
"Like a sad child, my roommate drives his remote control car into the room and follows after it so see what we're doing. " My god. I'd flip if I dealt with crap like that.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 07:40 PM       
My friend's college roommate was just like that, only his drug of choice was Animal Crossing. Add to that his hygiene problem and the speech impediment that made him sound like his cheeks were too fat for his face, and you had one smelly porcine nerd who could never take a hint.

Without going into too much detail about it, my friend organized a room change, and we moved him out while the annoying roommate was in class. When he came by to ask where he'd gone, we just ignored him. All this finally got the message across that we didn't want him around any more.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM       
Hey guys. Warcraft is pretty cool huh.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 10:51 PM       
This probably doesn't pertain to any of you, but...

My little brother stole my parents' sex book and used it in the bathroom. On top of that, he didn't put it back and my stepmother found it. Moreover, they accused me and he played coy about the whole fucking thing. They said they were going to cancel Christmas. So I admitted it. After two days, at any rate. I have no doubt that he would've broken down after a while. But it was just the look on my smallest brother's face. I'm going to kill my bro. Anyway, I won't be able to prove it was him without admitting it was me. I went against my principles and did it anyway. Fuck him. I'll get them proof.

Also, mid-week bonus: My stepmother said I had a small penis and didn't know how to use it.

Anyway, he's an annoying bastard and sounded a lot like your roommate.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 12:00 AM       
lol he reminds me of a friend of my bro's but this guy was even more pathetic. He had a birthday party His 20 years party so we went there i mean he was in the school with the hottest pussy in town so we hoped to see some, but nah only dudes and they were really nerdy. a question: what do you do in parties when you can legally drink? most people drink and dance rigth, well no girls so dancing is off ok lets drink yeah, so we go to a store and get a 24 beer pack and guess what he gets "drumroll" .... milk
thats rigth saying he can't sleep without milk god... anyways we get back and they start playing yu gi ho cards well beer is over and parents get back and guess what he says "daddy they bougth beer" and starts crying. jesus nerdiest guy ever

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 08:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
This probably doesn't pertain to any of you, but...

My little brother stole my parents' sex book and used it in the bathroom. On top of that, he didn't put it back and my stepmother found it. Moreover, they accused me and he played coy about the whole fucking thing. They said they were going to cancel Christmas. So I admitted it. After two days, at any rate. I have no doubt that he would've broken down after a while. But it was just the look on my smallest brother's face. I'm going to kill my bro. Anyway, I won't be able to prove it was him without admitting it was me. I went against my principles and did it anyway. Fuck him. I'll get them proof.

Also, mid-week bonus: My stepmother said I had a small penis and didn't know how to use it.

Anyway, he's an annoying bastard and sounded a lot like your roommate.
Hahahah, CHRISTMAS IS CANCELED UNTIL I FIND OUT WHO "USED" OUR SEX BOOK IN THE BATHROOM.

Your family sounds like a hoot, fathomzero.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Dec 6th, 2007, 09:02 AM       
Is it like a Kama Sutra book or what?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 01:12 PM       
More roommate stories please

These are always my favorite
The Wolf
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 01:48 PM       
LAST NIGHT my good roommate and I decide to meet some friends at a bar across town, so we drink and order a cab. Nerdo is playing on his computer and I assume he's going to try to come along. BUT BUT BUT good roommate and I start making fun of him and he gets angry. When suggesting that he gets better weapons, he yells IT'S NOT THAT EASY!!!!! I saw him die so I called him a noob, which was great because he got right pissed off. Eventually the cab comes and he tells me that it's here, as he sits back down to play on his computer. Good roommate and I cautiously grab our jackets and shoes, watching nerd roommate the entire time to see if he plans on coming. He doesn't!!! A night free of this fucking wet blanket was great and I felt just fucking wonderful.

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM       
How did you end up being roommates with this guy in the first place?
Fucking Finland
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM       
I considered of moving to a cell apartment when I moved away. But then I realized that I could end up living with crazy/annoying/retarded people (not forgetting how annoying I could be), so now I live alone

My worst roommate experience would take us back to summer of 2003 when I and my friend had to share a room with an idiot for a week while we were on a confirmation camp. :/
The Wolf
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
How did you end up being roommates with this guy in the first place?
We've known each other for years but were never friends. We'd briefly discussed him moving into my place one time last year because I needed a roommate but I had no idea that he'd be like this. He was a last resort though and all of my friends already had places to live. I'm going home for the holidays tonight though and I'm gonna be ecstatic.

FrogRawr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM       
Does your roommate sound anything like this?
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CBahakill1.flv
Ventrilo speak from my guild in a similar game.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM       
Oh, he's goin' down, bitch!

Old Dec 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM       
Now that we're on the subject of MMORPGs, I'm half surprised there isn't a mockery page for them. Theres plenty of things about them to make fun of.

As I'm typing this I have been killing the same type of monsters over and over for 3 hours straight trying for an extremely rare item that spawns a strong monster you need to kill for an item that spawns an even stronger monster for a piece of equipment that only drops 25% of the time.
Fucking Finland
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM       
You think that's bad? I wasted approximately 4 years to play Korean MMORPGs
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 04:22 PM       
Feh. You could play a different Korean MMORPG every day for four years and still have enough left for another year.

And 25% is pretty high percentage for a rare item drop. Quit complaining.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM       
This guy sounds like he's seriously awful at Warcraft, and it's really hard to suck at WoW becuase it's so easy. :/

Old Dec 6th, 2007, 04:50 PM