Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM        '09/'10 NHL Season
It's TIME!!!!

Flyer, Blue Jacket, Sabre, Red Wing, Wild, Penguin, Blackhawk, Avalanche and Ranger fans unite as one, in the pursuit of Lord Stanley's Cup.

For the last time.

Bring it on.

(Apologies if I missed your favorite team.)
You may already be there.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM       
well bud you missed, the canucks, les canadien, and the (hopefully) triumphant return of Fluery with the Flames.

Last edited by stevetothepast : Sep 18th, 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: format
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 09:35 AM       
I can't wait. I'm trying to go to a game next wednesday against the Maple Leafs.(Looking at you Major Scales)
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
well bud you missed, the canucks, les canadien, and the (hopefully) triumphant return of Fluery with the Flames.
I probably missed a great deal more, as I forgot about the Oilers and the Bruins who I believe both have a significant fanbase here at the i-Mock sports forum.

Go Flyers.

EDIT: Major Scales!! (or do you prefer FM?) - I totally forgot the Leafs. And here we just dropped a goose egg against you in the second preseason game.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: And another omission :(
Esq.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM       
man oh man lots of fighting in the pre-season so far.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM       
And the games don't mean anything yet. Imagine when the regular season starts ....
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM       
I'm excited to see how Koivu will perform in Ducks with Selänne
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 10:23 AM       
We don't even get to see any preseason on TV here. Hell if I'm getting NHL Network on top of our already enormous and ridiculous cable bill.

It'll be interesting to see how Leclaire does with the Sens now. I was really impressed with Mason last season and I hope he continues to kick ass. Leclaire has lost all semblance of his adopted American accent now that he's back in Canada. 'E 'as a shance to forget 'is Hanglish now:

I missed the phenomenon I called "Question time with the fucknuts in the lobby", which is when Blue Jackets fans would go up to Jim Day with what were sometimes good and sometimes extremely stupid questions about hockey in general. I love the deer-in-the-headlights look as a drunken fan tries to come up with something intelligent on TV. So it'll be fun to see that again.

I saw a baby shirt that said, "I'm told I like hockey", and I will definitely be getting one of those for my kid when she arrives.

Last edited by Kitsa : Sep 25th, 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added video, soon he will be unintelligible to english-speakers
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I missed the phenomenon I called "Question time with the fucknuts in the lobby", which is when Blue Jackets fans would go up to Jim Day with what were sometimes good and sometimes extremely stupid questions about hockey in general. I love the deer-in-the-headlights look as a drunken fan tries to come up with something intelligent on TV. So it'll be fun to see that again.
Heh.

Back in the days of Eric Lindros, the local Sports Talk Radio hosted a similar program (infrequently) informally known as "Hockeyz in da 'Hood". Turns out the "Legion of Doom" line (Lindros, Mikael Renberg and John LeClair) brought out a whole new cadre of hockey fans who weren't exactly familiar with the game. I loved to listen to them answer the simplest of questions like "What is a two-line pass?" and "Can you give me an example of 'offsides'?" Some of the responses were truly sitcom laugh-track worthy.

Damn, but I miss those days.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM       
My favorite was, "What is a hat trick, and why is it good?"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM       
My roommate and I are trying to go to the Sabres game in Philly in October.
Esq.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM       
I can't wait for the season to start, of course, I have been able to catch the sports highlights every morning.
Esq.
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
I guess Fluery retired after the flames wouldn't sign him.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM       
Emery looks like a pretty good signing by the Flyers, at least until he self-destructs.

Good on the Jackets for re-upping Klesla for another 4 seasons. He had the game-winner on Saturday, too.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM       
dammit, it's all pre-empted for football here.

Except there was some Lake Erie Monsters game the other day in the wee hours of the morning.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM       
And after that fast start, the Flyboys land with a thud. Two 3rd-period losses in a row. :grumble

EDIT: Yes, I count Anaheim. They blew a two goal lead before losing the shootout.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM       

I don't know how I missed hearing about Don Cherry night.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM       
Those sweaters are being auctioned off. Get 'em while you can!

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/Do...yMilitaryNight
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:54 AM       
at the price for those......$510

If I buy one of those I'm going to use a gold bar as payment.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
They're one-or-a-kind, man. And the fashion police are glad of it!
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 01:10 PM       
I was really, really hoping that the Blue Jackets would pull off a win over the Penguins last night. It looked good for a while, between Nash and Vermette. Steve Mason impresses the hell out of me.

The OT felt like it went on forever and then the shootout was like...aw, dammit.

It was fun to see the puckbunnies dressed extra-slutty for Halloween, though.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM       
Puckbunnies.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 06:08 PM       
I'm fairly sure that with the exception of the really young guys, most of the Blue Jackets are married.

I guess if you're of a certain mindset, though, you don't care about the marital status of the guy you're trying to ensnare, as long as he's a professional hockey player.

You can always pick them out, too. Other people are too sane to hang their boobies out in that sort of cold.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM       
Well, that was an unpleasant and embarrassing slaughter last night. 9-1, jeez