Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:22 PM       
Frankly, I hate the Oblivion leveling system.... so I just cheat every now and then and make my character how I feel he should be.

I play games for the story lines and the exploration... I don't care for "leveling" and all character building.

I like more to feel like I am watching a movie. Oblivion is really cool because every now and then I see something that makes me go "whoa!"
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:30 PM       
yeah i have a decent enough pc but it looks and runs a lot better on my non-hdtv xbox360. maybe if you had ultimate kickass pc hardware it would look better, but the xbox plays it great all the same.

and imo lockpicking is a bit easier with a joystick

Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM       
so baby, what's your sign?

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
The main source of soul gems is by finding them in caves or ruins, you can't buy or steal any soul gems other than crappy one's.

And I have no idea what shifty is talking about, every screen shot I have seen other people take of oblivion on their PC has been much worse than what I am seeing on my non-HD tv. Even though I know with the right hardware it can surpass it. I've seen the game on HD as well, and it doesn't make the game much better, unless Shifty's HD has some magical power to make the 360 more powerful and increase the graphical ability, he is full of shit- it only makes the game screen bigger and the picture sharper. Not that it doesn't make a noticable differance for the better, it doesn't change the graphics from crappy to mind blowing. For god's sake Shifty, try to make a lie believable before you say it.

i noticed a significant difference between the two. o well, my opionon doesnt matter im me!

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:27 PM       
I did! And I wrote about how you probably don't even know what the hell HDTV actually is!
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:29 PM       
Yeah, this game definitely has some "that was fucking awesome" moments. I remember in the Mythic Dawn cave i was being chased by at least 6 of the fuckers and used a Summon Daedroth scroll. He took up the whole hall and whored 3 of them in a single swipe >:]

Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
I did! And I wrote about how you probably don't even know what the hell HDTV actually is!

High definition. i know waht it is i may not be able to spell it. its TV at high resolutions. yes i know waht im saying probally doesnt make much sense, but it is what i noticed. doesnt mean you will notice the same thing.

Slim Goodbody
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM       
Oh I get it, you think that higher resolution means better graphics. And since you never actually played it on a HDTV you were just assuming that it would be amazing, trying to make it look like you know what you are talking about and make people think you aren't a retard after saying something crazy like "the 360 has terrible graphics."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty
i tested out my sisters HDTV a while back with oblivion, and o man was it nice.
Oh I see, you tested it a while back, so you probably just didn't remember is all. The game did come out an entire month ago.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:04 PM       
I noticed that Shifty is an idiot.

Did anyone else notice the same thing?
Slim Goodbody
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 11:03 PM       
He's ArrowX's friend.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 12:10 AM       
he used his sisters HDTV about a week ago.

Damn Scott you don't have to sound anonomous to the extent when approximate guesses are completely phased out.

And IT DOES look fuckin bitchin on an HDTV.

Old Apr 19th, 2006, 12:16 AM       
okay let me make my self clearer. The visuals are sharper and crisper, and thus in meaning, makeing the graphics sharper and crisper, thus in my eyes makes the graphics, seem hell off alot better.

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:46 AM       
so the lack of the tv instantly makes the game 'suck monkey ass'

Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 07:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussoNWM
Frankly, I hate the Oblivion leveling system.... so I just cheat every now and then and make my character how I feel he should be.
Is it the same way is was in Morrowind? Where you had to level up like 5 different stats and then take a rest? Its been so long since I've played Morrowind so I could be forgetting something.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM       
Yeah, it's raise 10 major skills then sleep. Problem is, all skills will raise your levelling modifier by 1 for every 2 skill levels you gain (a warrior who raises 10 levels of alchemy in addition to his major skills would be able to pick a +5 bonus on levelling).

The AF levelling mod changes that around a bit so that minor skills only contribute 25% to attribute gains. Then, you pick whether you want to level every 10 or 15 major skills, 10 or 15 specialization skills ('combat', 'stealth', or 'magic' sets), or 7 to 14 attribute gains. It also gives you your levels instantly without sleeping, which is the only part I dislike because it removes the purpose of inns entirely ;<
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 08:33 AM       
In Morrowind, you got to enhance three skills, but certain skills got multipliers based on one of the Major or Minor skills you used to reach that level up. I think for every 2 you got a multiplier, but I could be wrong.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM       
Yeah, up to +5. Same deal in Oblivion.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 10:29 AM       
The graphics in Oblivion are pretty dated by today's standards. The reason people are saying that it looks better on the TV is because of this. A monitor has about 3x the resolution of a television, so the flaws show up more.
was never good
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:02 AM       
My problem with Oblivion's graphics is that it looks like it's trying to be cutting-edge and settling for new and shit instead of dated and good. Think of pretty much any 3D Playstation 1 game to see what I'm talking about.

Like, the bump-mapping on their skin makes it look like everyone's carved out of solid granite. Most people in that game look horrifying by beauty standards.

Compare that to Psychonauts, which was 'possible' long before that game came out. Yet in 5 years it won't be a laughingstock.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:28 AM       
The character models are a little strange looking, yes, but Oblivion's graphics are quite good. It might not "age" well but at this point in time it's right up there with some of the best.

I don't have a huge problem with the leveling system. My main annoyance is the fact that there should be more skills in the game like Daggerfall. Sure they have to dumb it down a bit for the main console audience but they could've definately added more to it.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM       
"which is the only part I dislike because it removes the purpose of inns entirely"

I hate that too

I also hate the lack of skills, where's spears? cunts.
Slim Goodbody
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 03:57 PM       
Well, in morrowind it was really fucking easy to overpower your character because there were so many skills, so you were getting +5 stat gains all over the fucking place and could get 100 in everything by level 30.
Seņor Citizen
Location: On the Xbox PWNing experts on Halo 2 and awaiting Halo 3
That Man is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 04:07 PM       
Twas easy to get rich. *Looks at liweware platter*
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 04:21 PM       
so yea, another idiot question here.

How do you fast forward the time without a bed?
Seņor Citizen
Location: On the Xbox PWNing experts on Halo 2 and awaiting Halo 3
That Man is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM       
You "illegally sleep on the ground"

although I never get caught.

All my characters have death warrants.