Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 07:00 PM        HP Pavillion ze5470us problems, (screen won't turn on, BIOS and Hard Drive Lock)
I found a HP Pavillion laptop in my garage gathering dust. I thought it was broken and decided to fix it and/or find some more parts to properly fix it. I plugged in the power supply, and to my amazement, everything booted up alright until a BIOS password was required and a hard drive password was also required. I entered in some BS words and phrases because I don't remember ever setting a password and stick in my Slax disc. I tried to get it to load off of my USB stick and something fuck up during the installation.

Being the typical Windows user that I am, I subconciously typed ctrl-alt-del and the screen shut off. I don't know if it was my doing or if I caused a short to the screen, but now it won't come on at all, even if I turn it off and on.

Right now, I'm gonna let it sit and hope it settles down enough to where I can fix things, but I really don't know what's wrong. Help.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:44 AM       
You should be able to remove a BIOS password by cracking the laptop open and removing/replacing the motherboard battery.

If you're getting problems during the installation you've probably got some bad memory or a faulty hard drive (most likely the former).
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM       
just rotate the tulley toggle geez
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM       
so does it still make noises when you turn it and off after the screen stopped working?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2007, 09:55 PM       
Everything stops after about a second save the disc drive. This leads me to believe that there is some sort of short, which is beyond my level of skill.

I'm gonna have a professional take a look at it. Maybe get a new hard drive to replace the locked one.