Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:08 AM       
I apologize, I know you were just promoting the show and I didn't express why I feel you did it in a harmful way properly. When I had the chance to explain myself, I chose be a dick instead.
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:19 AM       
Edit: Thanks? I mean, I wasn't expecting an apology. I'm not going to change the text below this edit, but thank you for the apology. We're both fans here and we simply have differing opinions (the source of all fighting). Listen, at the end of the day, no matter whether I dislike some of the movies while you liked them, the series is back. That's something we can both agree is good and worthy of looking forward to. Truce?

First of all, see the first sentence in the quote below me? Yeah, that looks like an alert that states that the new (to TV viewers) movie is going to be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistfulOAwesome View Post
Hey, everybody remember to catch Into The Wild Green Yonder tonight on Comedy Central! It's by far the best of the Futurama movies (Hell, it's the only one that isn't a disappointment). This one has Heart. Seriously, watch it.
Second, saying you don't like something doesn't mean it will be canceled. Transformers 2 was absolutely trashed by critics nationwide, yet that movie went on to make more than 3 Million at the Box Office.

20th Century Fox doesn't care if the fans (and this is usually only a vocal, core base) don't like something. They only care if it sold. As long as it keeps making money, they will keep making it. Hell, Futurama fans like myself are the most likely to keep watching, even if it turns bad (I kept buying the DVD movies). I'll never give up on this series if there is at least one ray of hope.

Admittedly, at the release of ITWGY, my hopes were very low. I was disappointed by the quality of the three previous efforts, and I wasn't expecting anything. If ITWGY had turned out to be an average or bad episode (like the previous movies), I would have rather had the series dead (why let it live on as a shadow of it's former self?).

Thankfully, the writers managed to pull it together for the last movie, not only redeeming the entire concept of Futurama in movie format (so the other ones were bad because they had bad content and were badly written, not because Futurama doesn't work in movie format), but ending up releasing what I think is the best episode of Futurama (any sparkly eyes I had for the movie has long since faded. Since I still think it's the best episode, 6 months after its release, that means that must be my real feeling).

Third, my problem isn't that you disagreed with me. It's that you accused any fan (in this case me) of being "bad" for the series simply because I didn't like some of it. If the writers write bad episodes, I'll call them out on it. I love Futurama (and brought it back by buying the DVD's) because it is a consistently high-quality series. If an episode comes out that isn't high-quality (especially an 88-minute long movie that I payed 20 bucks for), I'm not going to kiss the writers asses anyway. I'll tell them (by posting on forums they'll never read) they screwed up and hope that they don't do it again.

As for my 1/4 love of the new season, that's only if I judge them as full movies. In that regard, they all fail except for ITWGY. However, as parts, it ends up being more like 2 and a half/4 good. If you care to skim through my linked post, you'll notice that I think that BBS is okay (but held back by a certain lack of humor and the mismanaged Paradox-Correcting Time Code), BWABB is truly terrible (bad "jokes", bad characterization, absolutely terrible story, it's only saving graces are Deathball and the Pirate battle, but that's no where near enough to save it), and the first half of BG delivers (it could have worked on it's own, but is needlessly tied to the wasted Fantasy section).

It's just that for what could have been the last Futurama, I didn't want "okay". I didn't want excuses ("I guess it was alright, but...). I wanted to see Futurama resurrected, not zombified from it's grave. The first three shambled, picking apart everything that was great about the series, and adding little in return. It wasn't till ITWGY descended from the Heavens (AKA Amazon.com's storage facilities) that Futurama had truly come back for me. That new season is something I'm very excited for, since I don't think the writers will be making the same mistakes they did with the first three movies (they can't afford to now).

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed ITWGY, and further enjoys the new season debuting tentatively June, 2010. I know I'm looking forward to it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:23 AM       
We should take it to the Futurama thread at this point. But I'm not gonna. Viva LaFuturama
The Mighty One
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:32 AM       
For as long as you are good, you will have fans to hold you in high regard, Futurama. Live long and prosper!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 09:37 AM       
FistfulOCock... No one wants to read that wall of text about how you feel. That is why you have to pay psychiatrists.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 10:10 AM       
Yeah really, relax.

Have you started season 2 of the wire milhouse?
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
FistfulOCock... No one wants to read that wall of text about how you feel. That is why you have to pay psychiatrists.
good call dim
The Mighty One
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Right, because this isn't a Forum, which by definition is a public area of discussion (of opinion).

Nice jab with the whole OCock thing. Haha! You're insinuating that I'm gay or lame. I would say that one took you a few minutes, but a person with such biting wit such as yourself would have no trouble coming up with such a clever line in mere seconds.

Also, did I force you to read that post? You are free to skip over it.

Finally, a "wall of text" is when someone writes out several paragraphs and forgets to space them, giving the impression of a wall. I spaced out mine, if you care to notice.

Definition of Forum: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum

Definition of "Wall of Text": http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=wall+of+text
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:49 PM       
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:51 PM       
Quote:
FistfulOCock... No one wants to read that wall of text your big ass post about how you feel. That is why you have to pay psychiatrists.
Does that make you feel better?
The Mighty One
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 02:18 PM       
Again, no one forced you to read it. Skip over it, I don't care.

Why a big-ass post anyway? It's simply how I write. I didn't think I could properly counter Tadao's post with less words (because that's who that big-ass post was for, Tadao).
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 02:20 PM       
It was just a tip bro.
Esq.
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 02:28 PM       
you should have pm'ed him.
The Mighty One
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 02:43 PM       
Anyway, on to non-easily-excitable-fanboy business, anybody remember Goosebumps: The TV Series? I've been watching it on Youtube and have been pleasantly surprised to find out that I don't have nostalgia goggles for it. It really was a well-crafted television show.

It kinda reminds me that I've always loved story-of-the-week shows ( like The Twilight Zone and, to lesser extents, shows like So Weird and The X-Files), and it sucks that no more are being produced (although I haven't checked out Supernatural (maybe I'll give it a chance)).
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM       
No matter how little you write from now on and on what subject my brain will automatically reject it and skip over every word. Sorry.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 07:52 PM       
guys i automatically ignore anything people who have the built-in forum avatars say, you should try it sometime
Esq.
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 09:28 PM       
sometimes I wish the stallone cobra built in avatar wasn't a choice. Because it's bad-ass.
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 10:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
guys i automatically ignore anything people who have the built-in forum avatars say, you should try it sometime

Good advice.
The Mighty One
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM       
I like Wackosaurs.
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:24 PM       
Burgertime Baddies is WAY better.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 08:02 PM       
i like cake
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 09:00 PM       
I like eerie indiana
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 10:19 PM       
I wish they would release The Pirates of Dark Water on dvd and make a damned final episode.

Noi Jatat
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 11:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
Yeah really, relax.

Have you started season 2 of the wire milhouse?
Yeah I'm about halfway through it. The beginning of the season is kind of jarring because of the sudden focus on middle class workers on the docks. For some reason I haven't felt entirely motivated to watch this season.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Mighty One
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
I like eerie indiana
Coincidentally, I was about to start watching Eerie, Indiana as soon as I was finished with Goosebumps.