Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 02:34 AM        Weekly Movie Review: Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End.
Bane of Zombies
Undead Overlord is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM       
I liked the idea that the original pirate lords were dirt broke, that seems the most realistic thing about the movie and shows that almost anyone can rise to power. I also liked the stone crabs in Jack's hell. They were so cute...I could use a few billion in the undead uprising.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM       
One thing's for sure, it was definitely better than the second movie, because it had lots of Captain Barbossa. That guy needs his own movie; fuck the rest of 'em.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM       
I was let down with how the Pirate trilogy came out. I do like the though of further sequels without Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, though.

Last edited by Nick : Jan 11th, 2008 at 10:29 PM.
Tropical Viking
Hugo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 12:50 AM       
I was a little pissed off when I left the theater. First of all, The end: Elizabeth and the blacksmith dude will meet (and fuck) once every 10 years? What a kind of happy ending is that? What about that pirate goddess? A lot of shit talking about gathering the pirates and performing a ritual, so she would turn in to a gazillon crabs and swim away from the plot. Chow yun fat was cool, but useless. And I think that Elizabeth killing (sort of) Jack at the end of the second movie has set something of a disturbing mood for this third movie, but that's just me being gay.
Other than that, Geoffrey Rush's return was great, despite the fact that he and that monkey were still living dead, and I don't really get it (if he was freed from the curse at the end of the first movie, but remained as zombie, so would Jack, since he cursed himself in order to fight the skeleton pirates. Thus, he wouldn't have died at the end of the second movie, for he would be still undead. If someone got it right, please let me know.)
Keith Richards appearence was awesome, really. I tought it would turn out to be lame, but I was wrong. It was nice to see Davy Jones as himself, even if for only a couple seconds. And the movie looks just great. The massive wreck of the bad guy's ship was impressive.
Anyway, it's a nice movie, but I expected a little more after the second movie. At least it wasn't spider man 3.

ps.: Sorry for the english, folks. I'm still working on it.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:56 AM       
I liked it, though the crab queen scene was ridiculous.
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 04:54 AM       
Quote:
I was a little pissed off when I left the theater. First of all, The end: Elizabeth and the blacksmith dude will meet (and fuck) once every 10 years? What a kind of happy ending is that?
I knew. I knew from the moment I knew what they were doing on the island what was going to be there at the end of the credits (trying to avoid spoilers here, to, but, well, the next bit might just take us right into that, so if you don't want the ending ruined, stop.)

I might be able to clear up the Will/Elizabeth thing, with a little hearsay, anyway. Apparently it has to do with a little bitty plot element that was gleaned over (read 'cut from') in the movie...See, Davy Jones fell in love with Calypso, the very maleable goddess of the sea, and the way the Dutchman's curse worked was that after you were affected by it, if you gave your heart to someone and they guarded it and held it true for those 10 years, the curse was supposed to be broken. Calypso failed him because she was so whimsical and when it came time for them to meet, she wasn't there. Will and Elizabeth, however, have that pure, true untainted movie kind of love and as is evidenced in the aftercredits, she's there waiting for him, even after the end of the 10 years, which should (in theory) break the curse. Happily ever after. Yay.

Oh, and I agree with a friend of mine that said we did not need to see that Jack was crazy. We knew Jack was crazy. More than one Jack made for too many Jack's.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM       
Copper: I don't think that was cut from the movie because I vaguely remember it being mentioned somewhere. I've only seen the movie once, but I'd swear it was mentioned (maybe even in the second movie instead of the third?). But anyway, yeah, I was under the impression that Will's curse would be broken because Elizabeth was still waiting for him.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM       
It was what the writers said was suppose to happen. That the green flash of light at the end was meant to represent Will's soul returning to life, which was mentioned early in the movie while they were trying to figure out the map. Of course, this is still in question as Disney has also made a companion book with answer to questions saying that Will has to sail the boat for all of eternity. All in all, who cares about Will and Elizabeth?
Waiting for the worms.
thecatillaccat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM       
Haven't seen the second, the third, or watched the entirety of the first. I don't even know why, either. I love pirates.
Friends with too many Captain Jack/Will Turner fanfiction writing women, I guess.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 09:43 PM       
When I watched this with Chojin and his mom, I fell asleep during the in-between part (they were apparently on a boat the whole time), and woke up just in time to see a new captain named! I have to tell you, it made the movie a lot better.
Fookin' up planets!
Captain PirateFace is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 04:11 AM       
All my screen names are either "Captain PirateFace" or "CaptPirateface" and I have to say that I thought the third movie was balls. The first one was..OK. The second one I thought rocked... and again... the third one...Balls.

Kinda like the Matrix Trilogy.
1. Fookin Awesome.
2. What the fuck is this? Well the third one should rock.
3. Presenting the biggest "Self Involved" shite movie I had ever seen since "Contact"
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 04:14 AM       
Quote:
Copper: I don't think that was cut from the movie because I vaguely remember it being mentioned somewhere. I've only seen the movie once, but I'd swear it was mentioned (maybe even in the second movie instead of the third?). But anyway, yeah, I was under the impression that Will's curse would be broken because Elizabeth was still waiting for him.
Got my info from IMDb, which said it was part of the movie that was cut, but then, IMDb isn't 100% accurate all the time, either. Still, I remember when I watched the movie, I remember thinking, at the aftercredits, that he was just coming back to see her, not "Oh goodie, the curse is lifted!" I think I'd have been a lot more excited about it had I known. Or it could be I missed it because I blocked out half of the movie *sighs* I like it...but I don't love it as much as the others. Will as a hot pirate helps and to Nick, well, I care about Will. It's Elizabeth that can sod off *laughs*
Is Awesome
Jemry is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:40 AM       
I liked it more when I saw it four years earlier when I watched the first movie.

Was I the only one that wanted Keira Knightly to push that kid off the cliff at the ending bit after the credits?

From the Home of MST3K
incognit000 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM       
I liked the parts where Jack Sparrow was on screen. The rest of it was trash.

They should make another movie called "Captain Jack Sparrow Does Goofy Pirate Things for 90 Minutes." It would be the best movie ever.

And I agree with Captain PirateFace, this should have never been a trilogy. Some things, like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, get better the more the film crew works together, but other things get so caught up in themselves that they just start to suck.
Waiting for the worms.
thecatillaccat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM       
And the sequel to ""Captain Jack Sparrow Does Goofy Pirate Things for 90 Minutes" should be "Captain Jack Sparrow Meets The Goddamn Batman." Oh, yes.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM       
I dunno, I kinda liked it. I mean, you just kinda doze when Jack Sparrow isn't on, but hey, at least the fight scenes were pretty cool, even if they had gone from "halfway realsistic" to "Fucking out of this world. I mean not even in this galaxy, universe or multiverse but up the anus of a flying space-turtle". Whatever, I like it.
Remember; I Hate You All
Location: A Fog Infested Dust Bowl Of Death know as Bakersfield California
Vila is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM       
Too many plot lines not enough movie.
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM       
Barbarossa was fucking hilarious. The scene in which he marries Will and Liz is so hilariously fucked-up that it was nearly as good as some of the Jack Sparrow bits.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Overall, I did enjoy this movie though it did suffer from unnecessary-overblown-sequel-itis (ala Matrix). The first movie still holds up well on its own, but the sequels lack a certain charm that the first one had.

Still, I'd watch anything Johnny Depp does.
Master Of Nothing
IGoToCommunityCollege is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 12:44 AM       
The simple solution to this Will Turner-Keira Knightley thing is why doesn't he just stand in the bucket of water that they had Davey Jones in on the sand bar? Then he'd be able to at least converse with her and their child. It would also lead to some interesting and taboo sexual positions.
Fookin' up planets!
Captain PirateFace is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 03:07 AM       
Thank you for agreeing incognit000, first time anybody has since I got married.... 5 years ago.
Your Doing It Wrong
EndersGame is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
I was waiting for a "REAL" pirate battle in the last movie. One where all the ships they had brought out would actually fight instead of lazily sitting in the background watching two ships circle each other in what could only be described as "Easy Bake Pirate Ovens" that can magically generate as many pirates as it needs for the sake of the fights looking constantly INTENSE! Needless to say, i wanted more then a 15 minute battle involving 6 main characters....
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 05:55 PM       
I was thinking about, on the sandbar, one of them could've just walked up to Davy Jones and pushed him over, fucking him up and solving their problems once and for all.
Forum Virgin
KatieLovesThe80's is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 09:16 PM       
this third movie is second best in my book. my number one was the first movie the second one (after seeing the third one) was not as great. and i am so glad they brought Barbosa back. the parts when he and jack are fighting over who is the captain of the black pearl were amazing.

P.S. i am a newbie please don't kill me!